Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 637 44.7%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 789 55.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

JohnnyBravoMcFred

with FC Bayern and Liverpool coming up, it's beginning to look like ETH can have Christmas in The Netherlands

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The fanbase has 0 standards. We'll change ownership and we'll still have the same issues.
You just have to look the swing of votes for keep after Chelsea. Some United fans are clueless

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is embarrassing, even at our worst in the last decade we have never been this poor tactically. What does this manager actually do all week

RedUnited86

Get your coat, the most stubbornly clueless manager we've had in the last 10 years.

Based Adnan

If the new manager says "everyone gets a clean slate" then he should be sacked on the spot as well.
You'd think the club wouldn't be dumb enough to hire yet another manager who thinks he can change them...Then again it's cheaper to do that than replace the squad en masse so they probably would.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Sacking a manager after losing at anfield is basically a Christmas tradition at this point

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Yeah let's keep him forever then just so players don't get a clean sheet, eh?

feck me
What are you waffling about? I clearly didn't say that, I said he should be sacked but someone new will come in and we'll be in this exact same position in a couple of years because these players are a huge problem.

They've got history as we all know very well.

PoTMS

A serious club would've sacked him before we got to this stage. A normal club would sack him tomorrow. Manchester United will give him a few more weeks/months to blaze this place the ground.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It's not something I particularly shout about, but it gets recorded as a major honour, which is the point I'm making.

United don't say they've only won 23 major honours. Liverpool don't say they've won 25.

As I said, Mourinho's successes amount to the mickey mouse cup and the mickey mouse cup (europe) but they're lauded by the same posters who shit on the same trophy when a manager they don't like wins it.

Anyway, on the topic of the thread, it's worrying that the team apparently only managed to find motivation to perform for one game. Utter shite today.
yes we’re shot

sirAlexsglasses

Yeah let's keep him forever then just so players don't get a clean sheet, eh?

feck me
i know you are angry at the performanc, so am I ……I’m fuming at this set of absolute cowards!!!! They do not deserve to be within 20m of a uunited shirt, but I dont think he was saying that. We’re damned if we do. Dammed if we don’t. This lot are absolute cowards and stealing a living they really are.

ClassAct147

Get out now and take your squad with you.
Completely out of his depth in this league!

Ludens the Red

I was hesitant to take away too much from the team for midweek but it’s clear what happened was almost undoubtedly entirely down to Chelsea just being so so bad. I mean I knew they were bad but thought maybe we caused that.
Was completely wrong. Same old shite.
Only a month left of this shite hopefully before he’s given his marching orders.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You'd think the club wouldn't be dumb enough to hire yet another manager who thinks he can change them...Then again it's cheaper to do that than replace the squad en masse so they probably would.
Whoever the new manager is needs to tear out 90% of the squad and start from scratch but we know that the majority of these players will be here when he gets sacked too.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I can't believe the majority of us thought he'd be the one to revolutionise our football after years of sludge. He's been worse than José, van Gaal and Ole.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Can anyone wanting him sacked suggest a) what the club should do to replace him and b) what the club should do to break this cycle of sacking managers every few years once they start to underperform?

Fergies Gum

He has 2 games to save his job. Get a result against Bayern and avoid a thrashing at Anfield. Though this sorry excuse of a football club will find this too difficult.

evil_geko

Good to see tons of tactical masters on this forum! Those FM campaigns really paid off.

AndySmith1990

Tbh it's surprising results like this don't happen to us more often. We've won quite a few games this season where we've been outplayed just as much as today. We're quite lucky really

Unam333

The player and manager of the month curse. You'll drop points after winning the award. I hope we never with the award again.

FrantikChicken

Can anyone wanting him sacked suggest a) what the club should do to replace him and b) what the club should do to break this cycle of sacking managers every few years once they start to underperform?
A) hire a qualified manager who isn’t past it
B) hire a qualified manager who isn’t past it

Idxomer

He shouldn't survive this like Ole not surviving losing to Watford 4-1.

Telsim

Any particular reason why the sack thread is locked? Is it because he won Manager of the Month and he is suddenly world class and beyond reproach?

YikesSchmeics

Time to go. He has spent enough not to have to be playing Dalot. He has had enough time that we should at least be seeing the style and patterns even if results aren't perfect. But we aren't seeing anything. We are shite and we are getting some good results because we have good players but this manager isn't up to it. Its clear as day.

TsuWave

A serious club would've sacked him before we got to this stage. A normal club would sack him tomorrow. Manchester United will give him a few more weeks/months to blaze this place the ground.
The United way