Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 603 55.3%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 487 44.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
With each passing game, it’s getting harder and harder to defend him.

His choices of signings are largely questionable, considering how strapped for cash we were.

The lack of apparent effort and gameplan on the pitch, especially after we have practically gotten rife of all the so called trouble makers.

Club is a shitshow, but the handling over everything from the summer just gone by Erik is really coming to the fore - really can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Conor

The lack of efforts was pathetic. We gave up in 2nd half. Fighting for the result doesn't require quality.
We were playing a far better team that is absolutely stacked and had control of the game. I didn't see any players give up, we were just bested.

kclord

Going back to the Carabao final threadmark when a lot of us felt differently - what a nosedive it’s been since then:(

Orange Tree

He is a dead man walking. I still can't see whatever nonsense he is trying to do but setting the team up to lose.

Shark

@NotShark
What does that have to do with tonight?
Bayern didn't even turn up tonight, and we couldn't even muster a single goal. What's the context of your post anyway, we should just accept not being able to score a single goal against Bayern and Bournemouth at home because our team isn't good enough? Most of ETH's signings were on the pitch.

Heinzesight

We don't have a completely depleted team. Most important players have been available for a while. Every team gets injuries so thinking he needs a fully fit squad is nonsensical
Shaw and Maguire now out
Mount
Martinez
Rashford
Eriksen
Casemiro
Malacia

Plus others in and out with niggles. All these players give us a lot more options and ways to play and yes, some of the injured have been woeful when they’ve played. Of course you have to deal with injuries but to say it isn’t a factor is harsh.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The starting 11 last season.
DDD- left
AWB- been injured
Varane- constantly injured
Martinez- been injured most of the season.
Shaw- been injured most of season
Casemiro- injured most of the season
Eriksen- constantly injured
Bruno- always available
Antony- he’s had off field issues and had a short break
Martial- constantly injured and just poor
Rashford- not himself and out of form

people wonder why we’re struggling this season and gone backwards. ETH needs his players back.

nmm85

Can't really complain about todays result. Bayern are a great side. It's been such a poor CL campaign. From the awful luck (injuries, red cards etc) we've had to giving away leads in 4 games and also Onana having a nightmare debut CL season with us I just don't see how anyone can have a worse CL campaign than this. The line ups between the teams just show how far away we are and it doesn't seem like we're at the bottom yet.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
He's a bit of a wet blanket, isn't he. I suppose I thought/hoped he'd be braver than he actually is. He also doesn't seem particularly tactically astute. His signings have all been absolutely shit, and his man-management is certainly questionable. I'm honestly struggling to see what his strengths are.

OrcaFat

We were playing a far better team that is absolutely stacked and had control of the game. I didn't see any players give up, we were just bested.
We dropped our intensity in the run up to their goal. I think the lads were knackered and losing belief. We didn’t do too bad until then but the gap in quality was demoralising, I’m sure.

ManUtd1999

Moyes: The Chosen One
LVG: The Proven One
Mourinho: The Special One
OGS: The Local One
ETH: The Error-To-Have One

Conor

Bayern didn't even turn up tonight, and we couldn't even muster a single goal. What's the context of your post anyway, we should just accept not being able to score a single goal against Bayern and Bournemouth at home because our team isn't good enough? Most of ETH's signings were on the pitch.
Bayern are one of the best teams in the world, we aren't playing well at the moment and have a depleted team, losing multiple players tonight. We lost by a single goal and gave it a go to the ability we had available, stop whinging about everything.

JagUTD

He's probably in his final days and it's not undeserved but honestly, look at the state of this club from top to bottom.

Nobody is coming in to this and thriving. The very best might make it work at times, we've seen a few so this for a short time, but eventually it will take them down as well.

And absolute shambles. Quite possibly the toughest job in football and not because of expectations but because of the environment.

Everything is set up to prevent anyone from building on something. Mourinho, Ole, Ten Hag. All made progress at first only for everything to collapse. Sick of it tbh.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Just seen this post now but not even worth responding to really. You think a LB at CB and RB at LB is preferable then that says everything. He looks like he couldn't care partly because he's realised the manager is stupid and is keeping him out in favour of something that makes no sense. Having a right footed LB is probably a bigger issue, yet he preferred it (until tonight).

If you're so entrenched in your opinion then do you think Ten Hag has made a big mistake tonight in lining up as I'm saying he should?
Having a left footed center back is crucial for how ETH prefers to play. Thays why he bought Martinez. That is why he prefers Shaw there. That is why he prefers even Evans and Lindeloff there because they are both more comfortable with their left than either Maguire nor Varane. Thatt is doesn't need pointing out this far in ETGs tenure because he has repeated it since he arrived!

So anyone complaining about Varane not starting at left cb where he is not only clearly uncomfortable, but can't provide the passing angle's a natural leftie nor some one comfortable on the left does is a strange hill to insist on dying on. Today it was obviously risked in bid to sacrifice any passing fluidity from the back for solidity.

Conor

A team that had nothing to play for at OT.
So what? They are still world class, do you think all their players said 'we can just phone it in tonight lads, 50% effort'? It's a ridiculous suggestion, they were playing away at Old Trafford against a historic European rival. We were beaten by a better team.

JagUTD

The starting 11 last season.
DDD- left
AWB- been injured
Varane- constantly injured
Martinez- been injured most of the season.
Shaw- been injured most of season
Casemiro- injured most of the season
Eriksen- constantly injured
Bruno- always available
Antony- he’s had off field issues and had a short break
Martial- constantly injured and just poor
Rashford- not himself and out of form

people wonder why we’re struggling this season and gone backwards. ETH needs his players back.
Half our fan base is far to reactionary to consider any other factor than the thing they decided was the problem 3 seconds ago.

Shark

@NotShark
Bayern are one of the best teams in the world, we aren't playing well at the moment and have a depleted team, losing multiple players tonight. We lost by a single goal and gave it a go to the ability we had available, stop whinging about everything.
Our team isn't that depleted, who are we missing now? Martinez?

You must be a WUM.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Having a left footed center back is crucial for how ETH prefers to play. Thays why he bought Martinez. That is why he prefers Shaw there. That is why he prefers even Evans and Lindeloff there because they are both more comfortable with their left than either Maguire nor Varane. Thatt is doesn't need pointing out this far in ETGs tenure because he has repeated it since he arrived!

So anyone complaining about Varane not starting at left cb where he is not only clearly uncomfortable, but can't provide the passing angle's a natural leftie nor some one comfortable on the left does is a strange hill to insist on dying on. Today it was obviously risked in bid to sacrifice any passing fluidity from the back for solidity.
Then why didn’t Varane go to the right when left footed Evans came on?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Just seen this post now but not even worth responding to really. You think a LB at CB and RB at LB is preferable then that says everything. He looks like he couldn't care partly because he's realised the manager is stupid and is keeping him out in favour of something that makes no sense. Having a right footed LB is probably a bigger issue, yet he preferred it (until tonight).

If you're so entrenched in your opinion then do you think Ten Hag has made a big mistake tonight in lining up as I'm saying he should?
Im not getting into debates from a few days ago, and I can't be arsed with nonsense either.

FrantikChicken

So what? They are still world class, do you think all their players said 'we can just phone it in tonight lads, 50% effort'? It's a ridiculous suggestion, they were playing away at Old Trafford against a historic European rival. We were beaten by a better team.
You’re kidding yourself. Bayern never got out of second gear

Redstain

He's a bit of a wet blanket, isn't he. I suppose I thought/hoped he'd be braver than he actually is. He also doesn't seem particularly tactically astute. His signings have all been absolutely shit, and his man-management is certainly questionable. I'm honestly struggling to see what his strengths are.
My biggest issue is the question what about Erik ten Hag compliments a solid argument of being given time ? He's not going to resemble what he was at Ajax by his own admission so there's no philosophy and even with a fully fit squad his identity as wanting to impose a transition system left Casemiro grasping for air at the full time whistle due to the distances he had to cover.

What is the projection for this manager with such minimal evidence on what he wants to do. Another summer window and he'd have sent the most out of any manager since SAF retired.

DownRiver

Why does no one blame ETH on the amount of injuries on him?

He needs to go, no way of playing and uninspiring. We fell off from February calling cup win.

Hopefully he can spend more time on training ground implementing tactics and way of play.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Nah. They were indifferent, already qualified, making sure they didn't get any injuries or too tired etc. He is right. We had a massive motive, they didn't. Yet we managed one chance.

PoTMS

He's one delusional fecker. No wonder why, he's got the backing of half the delusional fanbase.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Him saying we didn’t deserve to lose :lol:
we also did nothing to put us in a position to win Erik