Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 617 47.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 670 52.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don’t get why he reverts when you consider the profile of our midfield
I think its a mistake from him but its not hard to see.
Injuries for one meant non of the CBs could do the job, the fullbacks who would also were out. But the main reason is clearly that the attacking players are not working so hes committing an extra midfielder to the attack.

We also don’t build up with a loan 6 anyway we build up with a back 3 with the 6 dropping in with the 2 CBs and the fullbacks pushing on.

spiriticon

Yes, sacking him will make all our stupid players smart, Scott McTominay able to trap a ball, and all our injured players fit again.

We field a mid-table eleven, we get a mid-table performance. It's that simple.
While that is true, it also highlights the fact that ETH is not the right man to get them to play more than the sum of their parts.

Which means he isn't a great coach.

Ludens the Red

Are people serious when they say they’d have Ole back? Jesus wept.

Once Ten Hag has something that resembles a non-injury ravaged matchday squad and isn’t lumbered with players he wanted to exchange for better ones but was scuppered by pricks who put them on huge wages, then I can make an informed decision.

He is underperforming of course but give him a chance with more tools at his disposal and give him support in identifying talent and not leave it solely down to him.
Two of our three forwards today cost over 150 million and were brought to the club by him. They both look like absolutely horrendous buys. I’d argue the played he inherited looked the better ones today.

There is simply no defence left for Ten Haag at this stage and it’s fecking embarrassing that people are still clutching at straws and making excuses. He’s not getting a tune out of anyone, not the players he inherited not the players he lobbied to sign. Just fecking accept it and move on.

Honestly what is wrong with United fans. The Ten Hag era has failed just move on like every other club in the world do when a manager reaches his end point. Get over it, get over yourselves, it happens. Ten Hag will go elsewhere and get another job.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
This…it is as frustrating as feck that his first opportunity after a solid midfield performance is to revert back to Bruno and McT for zero control.

Also, I’m not particularly in the ETH out camp but for so many of our players to be out of form/not be able to hit a barn door is suspicious at best…at what point do we look at the manager and say he’s got to do better so that they can do better. I appreciate he’s not the one missing good chances but I don’t recall a United team in recent times being so toothless…
A lot of us did say he'd do exactly that.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
FFS stop playing McTominay in midfield, put Bruno at 10 and tell the players to play faster. We were playing like we were in the lead. Why are we zombie passing it? 4 managers we've had now and we're still zombie passing. Is this some club culture they've implemented quietly in 2010?

TheLord

The problem with us now is that all half-sensible footballers in their prime will be very hesitant to join us, unless we offer them wages they can't refuse.
This is a spiral leading into an abyss that may last another decade of mediocrity unless we get a proper manager soon.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think its a mistake from him but its not hard to see.
Injuries for one meant non of the CBs could do the job, the fullbacks who would also were out. But the main reason is clearly that the attacking players are not working so hes committing an extra midfielder to the attack.

We also don’t build up with a loan 6 anyway we build up with a back 3 with the 6 dropping in with the 2 CBs and the fullbacks pushing on.
I think it always leaves us spread too thin across the pitch though when we do this. Just too much ground to cover for players who get too isolated.

He needs to find a better balance. Hopefully with players returning he can.

HookedOnAPhelan

While that is true, it also highlights the fact that ETH is not the right man to get them to play more than the sum of their parts.

Which means he isn't a great coach.
Arteta finished 8th in his first two seasons and 5th in his third.

Klopp finished 8th in his first season.

Bad coaches, couldn't get a tune out of shite players.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He played McTominay and Bruno together. Again.
Thought it was just a mainoo thing :lol:

To be honest the way we played up to the goal, it's hard to crticisie the starting XI. I'm just wondering how our attack can be so so so bad, and he takes a lot of heat for that.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm now wondering does the club not sack the manager at the expense of clearly nuking a season so that the job is a little more attractive to potential successors.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
My biggest tactical gripe

How hard can it be to just put Amrabat next to Mainoo and have a midfield that's going to attempt to play football?

It's happened once, at Anfield, when he was forced to by Bruno's suspension. I don't understand how he hasn't even otherwise tried it.

yamo123x

Is he a poor coach with no idea?

Or is this bunch of players not good enough or not playing for him?

Either way it's disgraceful

spiriticon

At least they didn't feck up their transfer windows while transitioning the team.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

Cop out argument. ETH finished 3rd with a league cup and has now regressed to 8th. Does he deserve more time?

Valencia Shin Crosses

None of his previous teams player how Ajax played. We also dont have the players to play how Ajax played. He also was NOT given full control over recruitment
He wasn’t hired off of what his previous teams did. He was hired off of his success and football at Ajax.

And I have no fecking clue how you gather that he’s not the clear driving force of our recruitment choices. Antony, Malacia, Martinez, Mount, Onana, Eriksen, and the countless targets we were interested in as well with links to him.

But hey none of it’s his fault right? He’s just getting screwed by those rotten Glazers!

SteveCoppellFan

You just cannot turn up for games literally EVERY week and play in first gear and expect the opposition to just do the same.

We just go through the motions in every game.

Just absolutely unacceptable again.

The players have no desire at all, firstly that comes from the players but if the manager just keeps on picking them regardless then the manager has to start taking the blame.

gaffs

I said a month ago at what point do you get rid of this fraud?

10 defeats, 11, 12 or 13 because now this complete fraud has lost 13 and he’s won 11 drawing 1 for me has to go tonight.

The team is bereft of ideas has no elite penetration, players like Garnaucho, Pellistri and Mainoo all show promise but they should be out on loan or at best eased in gently to the first team.

Here we sit 8th, out of the carabo cup, out of Europe and negative 5 goal difference, why is this even a debate. I’m sure ETH will turn up at Dortmund but he won’t win the Bunderliga year in year out, I doubt he’ll ever win it, he found is level in Dutch Football and needs to be dismissed before Xmas.

We don’t score goals we don’t win games convincingly, but what we do with this Fraud is never play attractive football and lose 50% of our games, give him the full season and 38 games in the PL equals 11 more defeats and 19 defeats overall that’s what will happen if we keep Eric the Fraud !
Agree. There are no signs of life.

The number of players injured is tough, especially at center back, but Willy and Evans were hardly tested anyway.

The midfield is rotten and forwards are inept.

It is the same old story. We can just about beat relegation fodder like Luton, Sheff United and Burnley. but play a team in the top half and we lose.

Under Ten Hag we have found our level - mid table.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
How hard can it be to just put Amrabat next to Mainoo and have a midfield that's going to attempt to play football?

It's happened once, at Anfield, when he was forced to by Bruno's suspension. I don't understand how he hasn't even otherwise tried it.
We played some good football against Palace in the LC. Tactic abandoned in the next PL game.

Had a solid performance at the hardest away venue in the league, changed in the next game.

And we wonder why there's no consistency. fecking braindead manager.

erikcred

Arsenal and Liverpool fans will piss themselves laughing at this on the way to their potential title deciding clash today.

0le

He will be gone as part of the restructure when Sir Jim officially completes the part-takeover, I have no doubts about it.

gaffs

You just cannot turn up for games literally EVERY week and play in first gear and expect the opposition to just do the same.

We just go through the motions in every game.

Just absolutely unacceptable again.

The players have no desire at all, firstly that comes from the players but if the manager just keeps on picking them regardless then the manager has to start taking the blame.
I agree with this. We start the game at such a slow pace. We try and play out through Onana at a snails pace.

When you do that, it feels like it is hard to step up the pace. I knew that if West Ham scored, we wouldn't be able to respond.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Ten Hag's tactical set up and substitutions have gone to pot. Whatever philosophy he had, the only traces of it seem to be our sterile possession: Endlessly holding the ball while slowly getting forward, as opponents set up to defend and counter or press us into errors.

He's done. I think he knows it too. It's all very Van Gaal circa winter 2015. He may get until next summer. However, there's very little sense that this is as enduring project.

Basically, this season is a write off now.
We're all just spinning wheels until it ends and INEOS picks it's footballing people. It might suit everyone if he jump ship to Dortmund as rumoured.