Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 616 48.4%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 658 51.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I didn't - I already expounded on that point - you lacking the comprehension or choosing to harp on it isn't my damage, it's yours. Even some of the stuff you claim to be your ultimate points - "his cards are worse" - were never being contested. Much like your erroneou assumption that I attributed all shortcomings to simply the manager, which has never been the case. This exchange has largely been you having circular and angry arguments with yourself - so you're free to stop doing so.

On the other hand, you've also failed to substantiate your claim that objectively any other manager would fail in these circumstances. You simply lack whatever is needed to admit it is a baseless and nonsensical claim.
Mate, don't quot me. You talk such nonsense and I've made it abundantly clear you're not worth my time reading them.

Amira

Eriksen has made a difference tonight. Not due to any tactics just by being a good player who can see passes.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You will realize next season that Martinez is not that good too. The most overrated player we have had in a very long time. An extremely average player that Caf claimed to be one of the best in the world.
Indeed. Man gets roasted fairly often but people forget about it due to how badly they took offence to the media picking him apart when he first started

Castia

Again - he won't be sacked so easily - not when he's built up a wall of nepo players around him.
Officially you’re probably right but we’re dropping off a cliff and there’s no coming back they’ll make their mind up for next season before long

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
His 1st mistake, arguably his most damaging one, was refusing to work with RR.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think there was merit in expecting more though from Ten Hag due to the Ajax side he built and how they were well tactically drilled so you could be forgiven in giving him another season to sort that aspect out and due to last season where tactically it wasn't great at times but there were moments of tenacity and superb attitude from both players and the manager. This season has been horrible for you in pretty much every respect.
I kind of agree that he should have gotten the second season, albeit it was worrying how shit we were after the World Cup.

However, I think it became quite clear in pre-season that he is a bit shit. He should have been sacked in September/October (probably after the defeat from Galatasaray).

Werd.

His 1st mistake, arguably his most damaging one, was refusing to work with RR.
It was a total cnut move. He came in acting all alpha but has shown himself to be just another fraud.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
You will realize next season that Martinez is not that good too. The most overrated player we have had in a very long time. An extremely average player that Caf claimed to be one of the best in the world.
Our best bet with him is the new manager finds some purpose for him playing at LB. Otherwise he is going straight to the bench and then on the Daley Blind plan.

crossy1686

career ending
Just a terrible manager all round. This is the worst it's been post Fergie. The match going fans have turned now, he's done regardless of what happens in the next couple of games.

Revan

Assumptionman
Indeed. Man gets roasted fairly often but people forget about it due to how badly they took offence to the media picking him apart when he first started
Caf was genuinely saying that he is good in the air despite him being in bottom 11 percentile at aerial duels.

fallengt

Firing Rangsnick is biggest mistake. WE've gone through another cycle where no one foresees the structure of our football. Rangsnick got the gist of it and was spot on with most of his criticism.
"No club concedes goals like United" sounded like a half joke at time but this is more true than ever

led_scholes

We are not playing that bad. But after 1 year, Emery has transformed this Villa defence to offside masters, while 18 months later under ETH, we still cant to do the basics as a team.

Revan

Assumptionman
Our best bet with him is the new manager finds some purpose for him playing at LB. Otherwise he is going straight to the bench and then on the Daley Blind plan.
Precisely. He is a Blind/Heinze player, not a Vidic.

Gordon S

Ajax side he built
My guess is that team came from the club. Like all strong Ajax sides.
The club has had a clear vision and strategy for decades. Most if not everyone pulls in the same direction.
We can see clearly that he is absolutely clueless outside of that club. We have never looked more lost than this season.

Skills

Snitch
Yep. There is no middle ground between a manager who does it all (including identifying targets and recruiting players) and a head coach with no autonomy.

Not like there's set ups like City, Liverpool, Newcastle or Real or Bayern or Ajax, where there's a footballing structure to support the manager.
Yes. The whole point of a structure is clearly defined accountabilities.

And you've completely got it wrong. At Real, Bayern and Ajax the footballing isn't there to support a manager or any single individual. It's there to ensure the success of the of the enterprise - and it minimises the risk/liability individuals (specifically the manager) pose to it.

Club > Manager

Yagami

Good post resistant
We're going to be stuck with his signings for a very long time. That by itself makes him worse than Moyes IMO. I didn't like the Fellaini signing, but at least he ended up being somewhat useful in the long run.
You're preaching to the choir, mate. I remember last year I was saying how horrible his transfers were and I got so much abuse before people accepted it this season.

We need strengthening in January, but I wouldn't trust him (or Murtough) with another penny.

crossy1686

career ending
Unless he agrees to play LB the next manager isn't going to fancy him.

Werd.

Squad was a mish mash of different profiles prior to coming in but he has made it even worse by adding more deadwood. His reign is going prolong our rebuild even more now.

Baneofthegame

Can’t wait for the inevitable:

“We know we must do better.” What the feck are we doing each week?

Aretak

Again - he won't be sacked so easily - not when he's built up a wall of nepo players around him.
I can't imagine Brexit Jim's team seeing any long-term future at the club for the likes of Onana and Antony, or that they'll be part of any return to success. A failing manager isn't going to be kept on the basis of his failing players. Just throwing 90% of the Ten Hag era in the bin and pretending it never happened would be a net positive at this point.

Atheist

No doubt he’ll will come in the post-match press conference and say we totally controlled the game and that we played really well, even if we lost 4-0, which is looking likely at this point.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The Rangnick thing was huge as was the cowardly way he changed his tactics after Brentford. People praised that but it effectively killed his authority.