Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 611 55.5%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 489 44.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Paul778

It was a total cnut move. He came in acting all alpha but has shown himself to be just another fraud.
Stubborn isn't a valuable trait with the manager. I really wish he was the guy but his team selection and in game management is appalling. He seems unable to get big names to play for him. Was he only ever playing young up and coming players at ajax.

Can he play any other way? Hell, Ole had more options in his playbook than ETH.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We are not playing that bad. But after 1 year, Emery has transformed this Villa defence to offside masters, while 18 months later under ETH, we still cant to do the basics as a team.
How do people sit there and come up with opinions like this?

What is it, most losses sinces 1931?

Humiliated in Europe.

Dumped out of the competition we won last season.

Second lowest scorers in the league.

"Yeah, not bad."

It is putrid.

gaffs

This is the absolute worst it has been since Fergie retired.

A new manager needs to come in and inject some life into these players.

The players are not playing for him. We are easy to beat.

We go two nil down and the players start playing. I think they throw out the slow passing out the back bs and just go off the cuff out of personal pride.

Malone_Post

But we just need Martinez & Shaw back and we’ll be brilliant according to some of the geniuses on here.

No goals, no style of play, no cohesion, no tactics, no clue. He has to go. This is as bad as it’s ever been in the post SAF era. This team is going nowhere.

tjb

This is spot on. I started to see as the season went on but hoped it just needed time. Liverpool loss last season was it for me, knew then he wasn't good enough
Think people were so focused on looking like anything modern in possession and pressing that they closed their eyes to other weaknesses that were quite evident.

Our defensive structure has been poor with him, which is why we had the Liverpool and City annihilations. His game-management is poor. He doesn't have a plan b and seems very static. His use of the squad isn't great either. He's also poor at defending transitions.

When you then take into account that in England, his plan of overloading the flanks and attacking areas just isn't working ( which may be why he tried to switch to a transition approach), we also don't have an attacking plan that has been able to work for our strikers. If fans weren't on his side, they might have noticed this with Ronaldo in the lineup.

I've never seen a team look poor because their striker wasn't the best presser, yet fans looked past that and blamed Ronaldo. Yet the same fans turned around and said that we should have gotten Kane. It wouldn't have worked for the same reasons. The system is reliant on every aspect working to even look a little bit decent. That shows a flawed system, rather than one which can be successful. That was my fear with him then. And with the nonsense of not being able to play without Licha/not being able to play Varane and Maguire together, this pretty much confirmed it for me. Massive inflexibility similar to LVG.

Fans wouldn't like to feel gullible, but IMO, they've helped serve some of his poorest strategies. The way Maguire was treated, with Ten Haag acting like he couldn't play with a player like him was a major flaw from Ten Haag. Fans accepted it and it backed some of the memes, but what it showed me was a manager unwilling to work with what he had. Like LVG, he made it seem like his system was to tactically complex to play a player like Maguire, which to me looking back, should have spelled problems. Maguire was essentially scapegoated for our poor start to last season. This is not me saying he's great, but given that his system has proven to be incredibly flawed, we've been very quick to throw players away to support this now clearly flawed tactical setup.

He may have used a system that seemed attractive prior to coming, but what's pretty clear is that when looking deeper, he's quite clearly out of his depth. As much as Moyes was.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The " we aren't playing that bad" brigade is the new excuse I see. Going back to those fantastic 20 minutes against Spurs soon I bet :lol:

evil_geko

No wonder his sack poll still has 46% support with standards like this
What standards? He just said we didn't play that bad looking at result, they had two shots and two goals while we wasted many chances and counters like usual. He reflected on this half of a game and you are talking about standards, wtf.

delerium

How horrid it has been for us post-SAF really. Rebuild after rebuild after rebuild after rebuild. No wonder people are booing at this at HT whistle.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Muck. Look Unorganised, cleared out alot of the so called troublemakers, but signings he’s made have been horrendous so far. Question marks over Onana, Antony, Hojlund et al - he’s decided who to spend 200-300mill on and he’s fecked it for himself there.

Based Adnan

He will go down as arguably the worst manager post Fergie imo. The damage he has done with his signings and their impact on FFP moving forward will hinder us for years.

The standard of football we've seen is the worst by some distance.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The " we aren't playing that bad" brigade is the new excuse I see. Going back to those fantastic 20 minutes against Spurs soon I bet :lol:
Always the case this season. A decent 10-20 minute spell at the beginning of the game becomes the prevailing memory, and the other 70-80 minutes aren't considered at all.

Jev

I’ve been ETH out for months (and still firmly am) but we have not been that bad offensively today. A little nuance isn’t a bad thing.

TsuWave

Funny enough this is the most threatening I think we have looked in weeks, but it's not good enough

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We haven’t scored for 7 hours, how is this even possible
Yeah but, we aren't playing that bad. Welcome to the new United, wins don't matter, just as long there's a few good counters, we are happy :drool:

Skills

Snitch
Once again, all this exposes to the rest of the footballing world is how clueless the majority of our fanbase actually is.

We must have the most clueless out of any top level sporting team? It's crazy, that this is the club that had the greatest manager ever for 26 years and the enthusiasts/fans who follow this club can't differentiate between a good and a bad manager :lol:

Based Adnan

The standards are on the floor. Playing like a league 2 side sitting back vs Villa and only beginning to play after going 2-0 down is 'playing okay' according to some. Baffling.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Worse than Neville at Valencia.

Gary Neville at Valencia - 28 games - 11 losses - 39 goals - 38 goals conceded

Ten Hag 23/24 - 27 games - 14 losses - 33 goals - 43 goals conceded

Just tragic.

The damage the Glazers and Ten Hag did to United will be very hard to surpass.

dhadz

If ETH has any sense his half time talk should be him writing a letter of resignation