Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 620 47.1%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 696 52.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

LARulz

Not just that. His subs are shocking. He doesn't know what the team or game needs.
It's so odd. Wasn't there a point last season where we had the most points/goals off the bench or something?

Clearly it was just fluke

Based Adnan

Probably recency bias, but I think he tracks only slightly ahead of Ragnick of all our managers since Ferguson.

This is soul destroying
Rangnicks tenure won't hinder us for years to come. Ten Hags will, especially with his signings and their impact on FFP.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He needs to go. He is useless, stubborn moron who thinks playing McT in the midfield and taking Mainoo off is OK. Nobody is asking him to be a genius, he can't even see the obvious - McT in the midfield means us playing with 10 men. Goddamned invisible McT doesn't pick up midfield runners, which is how we conceded both goals today.

Sick and tired of this bullshit. When it's not McT, it's his Onana who is somehow undroppable, and if it isn't Onana, it is McT. We have no chance.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Ya, this ain’t it.

Antony has been in the worst form of his career, hasn’t scored or assisted in 30 games?

Mc feckin T Jesus fecking Christ I can’t even

All of our best players are playing 2/3 levels below their best.

I can’t stand by this anymore. It’s a process sure but he keeps making the same stupid mistakes and we look clueless in attack and while defending.

I’m done with him. This is the worst we’ve been. This and Ralf. Yuck

I really want some fecking answers to this absolute crap he keeps serving up and the same mistakes over and over

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm starting to come around to the idea that he's the worst manager since SAF. He's genuinely clueless

redshaw

We've looked so easy to play against with McJoginay on in midfield. I think with Mainoo on he's covering the first scorer.

All we've done tactically is speed up Forest and allowed free shots square on goal from around 18 yard box. 2 very similar goals that McTom has no brain to see unfolding.

Blood Mage

The injuries we get alone draw suspicion as to the effectiveness of his training sessions. Their needs to be a thorough evaluation of the work being done on the training ground by the new regime, because we're shockingly unfit and injury prone.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Even if this isn't his actual level and there are other factors at play .. you gotta ask yourself is this guy capable of eventually turning us into a top team again? And what his contribution to that will be? Whatever about anything else, I think he's just too scarred at this point, had too many embarassing losses in a short period of time and there's no coming back from this for him. It's a matter of when he gets sacked I think

Revan

Assumptionman
This manager sold Anthony Elanga for £17 mil. Forest pay him £25,000 a week.

Bought Antony for £85mil and gave him £200,000 a week.

This is a sackable offense.
Diallo has played 30 minutes this season, not particularly well and has still been better than Antony has been this season.

Signing Antony for that amount and giving that contact is a shootable offense by itself.

JTRI

it’s getting really hard to defend him, we look as bad now as we have at any point since Sir Alex retired. Multiple experienced managers and zero progression in a decade is on the club though, god knows where we go from here.

PlayerOne

Forest are a good explain of a uplift after sacking their manager. We're just here writing a season off when top 4 is up for grabs. It's insane

Castia

That McTominay sub at HT is just inexcusable

Top 4 is already gone. 9 behind Arsenal and they have an extra game.

Good 45 mins against Villa is completely overshadowed by shit performances and results every week

Leg-End

I just know if we replaced him we would end up with another manager fancying McT and going around in circles.

14 losses before January is a genuine disgrace.

SAFMUTD

That fecking McTominay sub ffs is Ten Hag seeing something nobody else does? Its cost us time and time again yet he persists with it. Fecking bullshit stubborn fecker

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Sacking him now isn't a good idea.

The league is over. Nothing to play for.

Europe is finished.

League Cup done.

FA Cup, may go on a run or may lose 2-1 to Wigan. Who knows.

But if we do sack him now, then we get a replacement who has to endure another 5 months of shit results and players not being arsed.

Ciddy

If we don’t fluke a comeback against Villa and this result went the same way, I think that would have been it. Aston Villa result has given him another game.
I don’t think the Wigan result will affect things either way so he’s brought himself essentially another few weeks.

I don’t think we make any ins/outs decisions early in Jan in case he goes, in which case the likes of Sancho get another chance.
It’s just a mess with absolutely zero sign that he can train these players to improve things.
Regardless of whether we think the players are good enough, does anyone honestly think he’s capable of turning things around? He’s already had a lot of money and I’m not sure giving him another £200+M solves anything.
Someone said above, but the type of football is some of the worst I’ve seen in the last 4-5 managers.

ScholesyTheWise

There's not much of a chance that Ratcliffe (sp?) sacks the manager within a couple of days of his new ownership.
ETH will stay for a while longer, sadly.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Wonder if those same posters gloating and goading after beating villa will be doing the same in here tonight

el3mel

That's why I decided to enjoy the Villa win as much as possible. Because it's a one off and we all know we will be back to business soon.

STYLOISRED

We are barely controlling the midfield in the first half so what does he do?? He takes out one of the few good midfielders we have for a fecking ghost in Mctominay. So many times the players take extra touches and look totally clueless on the ball.

When a squad looks worse than the sum of it's parts that's a clear indication that the coaching is below par.

sammyhol

This guy is an awful awful manager.

Garnacho has his game of the season of the right. Moves him back left.

Rashford finally looks decent on the left, puts him through the centre.

McT, who everyone and their dog knows can only ever be justifiably on the pitch in attacking positions, gets subbed on at dm for no reason in a game where we are desperate for presence up top, and we concede 2 goals from unchallenged shots on the edge of the box.

We could have literally just swapped Hojlund for McT from the Villa line up…. It makes no sense.

I want him gone. His decisions have cost us so many games.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Forest another team that have a better attack than us. Embarrassing.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Yeah feck it, sack him. Just don't forget to fix the entire squad in the process. Don't give new chances again to overrated players like Rashford, Sancho, Martial, past it players like Eriksen, injury plagued players like Varane, and relegation quality players like Dalot, McTominay, etc.

I thought he'd be it, but spending all that money of Anthony ffs, and a keeper who seemingly can play great passes but can't save the simple shots. And a midfielder who I still have no idea how he fits into our team and whom I've always found overrated in the first place.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Please get this man out of this club. Starting Antony is criminal and getting McTominay to play CM is another stupid move. Does he know Antony is useless? Does he knows that McTominay is a super sub for goals? McTominay doesn't track runners, everyone knows. Antony has 0 goal and assist yet Erik likes what he brings. I can only say we hire a lousy manager who is brainless.

PlayerOne

The league is over. Nothing to play for.

Europe is finished.

League Cup done.

FA Cup, may go on a run or may lose 2-1 to Wigan. Who knows.

But if we do sack him now, then we get a replacement who has to endure another 5 months of shit results and players not being arsed.
How is the league over? Why are giving up on a top 4 spot so quickly?

It will impact the summer spending and having to play Europa will ruin our season. Also helps with attracting players and FFP

el3mel

Happy new year folks. Already 9 points away from top 4 playing one game more. 9 losses out of first 20 games.

TsuWave

There's no evidence that the players aren't arsed. In fact, I'd argue otherwise.

There's an upside to sacking him now though - even if you don't believe in "new manager" bounce - a new manager will try/instil something new - whatever Ten Hag's doing clearly doesn't work. It also allows to reintegrate banished players (that could then be sold or otherwise)

Lastly, if we go with a new manager he'll have the rest of the season to start incorporating their principles etc