Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 648 44.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 795 55.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

parmenio

There's an opening at Barcelona and Liverpool coming up, possibly Bayern soon as well and Real Madrid within the next 1-2 years.
On what planet does ETH get any of those jobs? He out his depth and not good enough for us. This was his big chance and he’s made a pigs ear of it. I’d love him to goto Barca tbh he’d but the sure fire option to take them under. The best we can hope for is a big drop off in form of those above us most likely Spurs and Villa Who are pretty much over achieving but well managed unlike us. Let’s see how Sunday goes it’s a huge game for both us and Villa. Problem is in what big games have we performed this season ?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
There's an opening at Barcelona and Liverpool coming up, possibly Bayern soon as well and Real Madrid within the next 1-2 years.
He’s lucky to still have the United job, those clubs wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot barge pole.

TsuWave

I’m just not convinced by his stewardship, at all. Awful since the goal. I just don’t see it.

Hopefully we can hang on and bag the three points. CL next season would be ace

Irwin99

We started well but since the goal we’ve looked nervous and could have easily conceded but for Maguire and Onana.

Malone_Post

Another game against a team who look well coached, well drilled, with a clear plan & obvious patterns of play. All while we’re still playing off the cuff, hoping the front 3 will produce something and relying on set pieces.

We might get lucky and win today. But it’s not sustainable and it’s not good enough. Nearly two years in and ETH hasn’t been able to create a team with any kind of identity or plan.

I’m sure plenty will bury their heads in the sand because we’re winning and convince themselves that all is okay. But we’re not going to get anywhere near the levels we want to be at continuing on like this. And that’s on the manager.

DSG

So… It’s clear that Villa is overloading the left side (our right with Garnacho and Dalot). Ramsey is playing further forward in that channel. There are a lot of 3v2s as Watkins tilts over there as well.

we are defending in a 4-4-2 and very compact. There really isn’t a high press to speak of.

We are having real problems with Villa’s high press.But we look dangerous when we break.

Let’s see what kind of adjustments Ten Hag is going to make. I fear because we are ahead, he won’t change anything. At the moment, Unai Emery is proving to be a much better tactician.

DSG

So… It’s clear that Villa is overloading the left side (our right with Garnacho and Dalot). Ramsey is playing further forward in that channel. There are a lot of 3v2s as Watkins tilts over there as well.

we are defending in a 4-4-2 and very compact. There really isn’t a high press to speak of.

We are having real problems with Villa’s high press.But we look dangerous when we break.

Let’s see what kind of adjustments Ten Hag is going to make. I fear because we are ahead, he won’t change anything. At the moment, Unai Emery is proving to be a much better tactician.
He’s pulled Dalot more central to deal with Ramsey. Garnacho has to track back on Moreno. Tilting Mainoo to that area.

L1nk

I just don't see it any more, we look clueless, we really should get an entirely new coaching staff in the summer to go along with all the other changes. This just isn't good enough

hobbers

Let him cook lads. Give him another 20 minutes watching his team get hammered and he might take Hojlund off for McTominay.

lsd

The Oracle
He is just taught inept. He sits there and watches opposing coaches change things and get the better of him while he comes up with nothing

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
No control. Even when we get the ball, it's jus wild scrambles upfield before the ball comes back at us threefold.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
No idea why we let Reguilon go when we had no fit LB to deputise for Shaw.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No control. Even when we get the ball, it's jus wild scrambles upfield before the ball comes back at us threefold.
The amount of times we just lump it straight to Martinez to collect is ridiculous. You actually have to try and play some buildup stuff.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We are currently getting a good result at a tough away ground.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This is a fairly standard performance for us. Not surprised by the lack of control or composure in possession.

Irwin99

He’s got to do better than this when plan A fails or the match changes. It’s very like Ole in that respect.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The amount of times we just lump it straight to Martinez to collect is ridiculous. You actually have to try and play some buildup stuff.
If not for the quality of the attack, then for your midfield to catch their breath and regain their bearings.

It's not sustainable playing basketball back and forth like this.

DSG

Unbelievable that his instructions are to walk the ball up from goal kicks with no movement by Casemiro and Mainoo, static positioning by the fullbacks. Just awful. I am genuinely mystified with the logic here. We keep giving away the ball.

Pretty poor.

mikeyt

For me the biggest failing in ETH since his arrival has been his inability to react, change the flow of the game and make positive changes. We're on our arses here against Villa with 20 minutes to go in a game we basically need to win. He should have changed it 15 minutes ago and when he finally does, he takes off probably our biggest threat for someone who can't keep the ball for shite! I really hope Ineos get rid.

LARulz

I have 0 faith he knows how to set up this team or change the game for the better (for us)