Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 534 53.0%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 473 47.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
True. But we've such a weak mentality. Is that down to him or is it something more complex?
I think mentality is more down to the player.

I wouldn’t have credited Ten Hag too much for the 3-0 win had the score remained that way because it was just sensible line up etc. nor would I be calling him a tactical genius for subbing off two teens for Eriksen and Antony.

Stadjer

I dont think that taking off two teenagers who have played a lot of games when 3-0 ahead against a midtable Championship team is bad. I actually think it is good. One of the critisms people love to use against ETH (even before it became this sack the Pep Guardiola is my idol witch hunt we have now) is that he is running his players into the ground by playing them too much and not rotating. Taking off teenagers and bringing in internationals (or former in Antony his case) arent bad subs. I was happy with the subs although i would have prefered Amad instead of Antony at that stage. I want ETH to take care of Mainoo and Garnacho so they are fit for the final. Garnacho had a slight injury last week too.

Antony and Eriksen were dreadfull when they came on. Awb could have put a Coventry shirt on and he would have been their MOTM. That was the problem, not the subs.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
We really need the Saudi clowns to still be throwing insane wads around in the summer.
Otherwise Casemiro has 3 years left on insane wages and is only getting less mobile. Today was frightening, even at the "cigar" position at the back, against a lower league team.
Absolutely. He made maguire look like a prime Kyle Walker in comparison.

Here’s hoping we can get some return on our initial outlay for a few of them from the Saudis: Casemiro & Varane top of the list. Hopefully their names and reputations still ring loud over there. Get agent Ronaldo on the ringer :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Alonso, Amorim, or Zidane. Until any of these guys sign on the dotted line, they're still available and we can probably pay much better than most.
I dont think Alonso or Zidane want us to be fair.

Lee565

To be honest coaching was not the issue today. Even though ETH should go. Complacency and lack of discipline at 3-0 up was the issue. Players started doing their own thing.
I would have to disagree, we have been throwing away leads all season and even last season we were getting spanked by Liverpool, man City, Brighton when we had martinez and varane fit, we have been mess defensively far too much under ten hag

redshaw

He got the subs wrong but you'd expect to able to freshen things up at 3-0. He and the club are the reason we can't maneuver much in matches with all the huge spending for pretty much nothing for this past two summers and more.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I dont think Alonso or Zidane want us to be fair.
They certainly wouldn't want United run by the Glazers and Woodward, which is what most still perceive. Once Ashworth and everyone else are in place, that could change quickly.

stevoc

It is my opinion, but again you're trying to pass your opinion off as "objective events". I don't think you're being fair about the Sancho thing, for which you apportioned blame to Ten Hag. He gave a relatively tame answer in a press conference that amounted to Sancho not playing himself into the first team in training, after which Sancho went scorched earth. I'd have backed any manager in that situation every time.
Mate this shtick is tedious, give it a rest. Even without assinging blame my point is the fact it happened along with the Rashford incident are the objective events. They did happen didn't they? So in your opinion has stamped out disciplinary issues within this squad?

I didn't say there isn't any tangible benefit, I was explicit that there hopefully is, eventually. The benefit is that we'll eventually learn another system. No matter who comes in, we'll have to spend some time learning anything that isn't a mid block, which will come with pain and some drubbings. Whether Ten Hag's system, when he's got the players for it and it's sunk in, gives us enough control is up for debate and in fairness I'm starting to have doubts about that,
Well we all hope, but in that case we can't actually say that there will be a tangible benefit to him persisting with this system all season. Yeah we might eventually learn another system, but that will most likely be when we get a new manager in.

but "the system isn't working yet so stop trying" isn't a valid argument for me, as that means playing a mid block forever.
It doesn't at all. A new system can be implemented at any time. The fact he's stuck with this one will likely mean he won't get another season to implement fully whatever the hell it is he is trying to implement. It's ok to be pragmatic and change tactics to get results and see out the season especially with the injuries we've had. He's basically wrote off this season to dogmatically stick with a system that doesn't work and/or he doesn't have the players to make work. It's silly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Absolutely. He made maguire look like a prime Kyle Walker in comparison.

Here’s hoping we can get some return on our initial outlay for a few of them from the Saudis: Casemiro & Varane top of the list. Hopefully their names and reputations still ring loud over there. Get agent Ronaldo on the ringer :lol:
The really annoying thing with Ronaldo was there was talk of selling him to the Saudis for a decent fee, yet he ended up going there for free.

Varane would be a free transfer, but you'd hope there's some sort of fee for Casemiro.

We again need real surgery in the summer though. Strength, pace, mobility and mental fortitude are hugely needed. We don't have many players who show all 4.

gaffs

He has to go. We need a rebuild and we will hopefully get a decent amount of money to spend in the summer.

You just couldn't trust this guy to be the one to be in charge of those new players going forward.

He wont be in charge of recruitment like the last two seasons, but if he cant get anything out of the players that he personally wanted to bring in, then why would anyone think he can do better with players that have been bought for him?

The players don't believe in him, which will soon rub off onto anyone coming in.

saivet

Neville trying his best to defend keeping ETH. He's consistent to be fair but recognises the big problems.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
His star boy Antony and all time favourite Rashy are going to take him down.
And I bet they'll survive him, the feckers.

AndySmith1990

Why can't he just come out and say we're nowhere near good enough and he got it wrong? Doesn't matter how bad we are he never takes responsibility or tells it like it is. Just pure delusion every time. Can't stand him

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The really annoying thing with Ronaldo was there was talk of selling him to the Saudis for a decent fee, yet he ended up going there for free.

Varane would be a free transfer, but you'd hope there's some sort of fee for Casemiro.

We again need real surgery in the summer though. Strength, pace, mobility and mental fortitude are hugely needed. We don't have many players who show all 4.
Damn. Hopefully we can generate some good money with sales (don’t bet on it) to perform that surgery on the squad.

DSG

I dont think that taking off two teenagers who have played a lot of games when 3-0 ahead against a midtable Championship team is bad. I actually think it is good. One of the critisms people love to use against ETH (even before it became this sack the Pep Guardiola is my idol witch hunt we have now) is that he is running his players into the ground by playing them too much and not rotating. Taking off teenagers and bringing in internationals (or former in Antony his case) arent bad subs. I was happy with the subs although i would have prefered Amad instead of Antony at that stage. I want ETH to take care of Mainoo and Garnacho so they are fit for the final. Garnacho had a slight injury last week too.

Antony and Eriksen were dreadfull when they came on. Awb could have put a Coventry shirt on and he would have been their MOTM. That was the problem, not the subs.
I think you go with a formation change and possibly and extra CB. At 3-0 you just need to see the match out

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I would have to disagree, we have been throwing away leads all season and even last season we were getting spanked by Liverpool, man City, Brighton when we had martinez and varane fit, we have been mess defensively far too much under ten hag
Getting spanked by pool and City and losing a 3-0 lead are not the same thing.

ETH has to go but today was not a coaching issue. Players thought the game was won and started doing their own thing

And of course today is not the only day its happened. Alot of these players need to go along with ETH. We lost plenty of leads under Ole for the same reason

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If you think this isn’t the worst served up post-Fergie, you must have severe memory loss.

This is our worst season of the lot. Biggest difference is this manager, via fortuitous circumstance, is allowed to mess up again and again and again whilst others were fired out of a cannon much sooner.

Jim looked like death watching that. I should think it’s sealed his fate, if there was any doubt prior to the game.

soapythecat

He’s useless and we won’t do anything of note whilst he is still here. Even with all the luck he has in getting undeserved results, there’s no way on earth a team of his will be Pep’s City. No way.
Sack him after a defeat this weekend and let’s hope for a decent manager for the final.
I see the usual suspects are defending him tonight and saying the players should do better, but it’s 100% ETH who dictates the way we play. It’s his fault the team lack passion and confidence. It’s his fault the team invite pressure after pressure every game by leaving areas exposed to the most simplistic football to walk right through us. He’s killing United and some of you want more of it….you’re off your tits man!