g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What's the point? He might play well for the next 6 months with no competition for his place then he'll revert to his normal shitness once he's under pressure again, by at which point we'll be in two minds about selling him because he has great 'talent' that needs 'unlocking' in the right system or with 5 new players around him to get the best out of him. Players like these get managers sacked and are best being moved on ASAP.
The trouble is with selling him is getting enough money to replace him, especially if we let him go in January, they’ll be no suitable replacement on the market. If we wait until the summer then we’re stuck with an unhappy player that could cause unrest in the locker room and then that’s another season wasted. He ain’t the first player we’ve signed that as been quality for a previous club and then turned into shite for us. I don’t know if that’s down to pressure, the environment, the league being tougher.

chocolate cloud

Hope he's dropped from the squad for the foreseeable future.

Did anyone actually miss him last season when he was out from November to February in Holland? The answer is No.

Get rid of this overpaid snowflake.

crossy1686

career ending
It depends. Is it an inherent problem that can't be solved? Then I would agree.

But if it is caused by for example someone close dying or something, then it should be fair to give him time and space to recover from such a blow.
Of course, and I'm not saying people who are having a hard time due to a bereavement or something like that don't deserve time and support. I'm saying people like Sancho who doesn't have the required mentality to make it at United (and that's what's causing him mental health issues) need to move on instead of blaming everyone around him for making him a "scapegoat" when absolutely no one is.

RuudTom83

I think he's used the wrong term or he's under some false impression either people at the club or fans are blaming him when he's been a peripheral figure or given up on. There's so many other things going on at the club and other players and manager taking the blame.
Yeah I was thinking he or someone in his team/management has read a few tweets/articles and jumped to the conclusion everyone is blaming Sancho.

When reality is most fans are passed blaming him and have moved on to accepting he is just average.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Or a relaiable source? Reactions like this are immature
Not really sure if you have seen his IG post where he openly called out the manager for lying in the press conference? Apparently it has been taken down but it was there for everyone to see.

Last edited:

ManUtd1999

I wouldn’t have hired either of them, but both deserve a chance to prove themselves at Manchester United.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I hope that Erik will start him next game on right wing. Perfect chance to for both to resolve this issue.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Like DeGea and others, Sancho will soon find nobody is willing to pay him anything like what United do when he tries to get out. Wonder if his behaviour will be any different to Donny's or Maguire's then.

ForeverRed1

Like DeGea and others, Sancho will soon find nobody is willing to pay him anything like what United do when he tries to get out. Wonder if his behaviour will be any different to Donny's or Maguire's then.
Saudi might. Hopefully he doesn’t go on some loan deal where we pick up part of the bill. 50mil for him or he sits on bench.

dugilrath

Supports
Forest
Say what you like about Sancho - and it's obvious that he's not some titan in terms of his mentality - it's not smart management from Ten Hag to alienate a right winger when in the space of two weeks you've already lost 2 players in that position.

In fact it's appalling management. I honestly think he threw him under the bus after the Arsenal game to distract from United's poor start to the season, and alleviate the pressure on himself by blaming the players, and that's what wound Sancho up. It's just not clever management whether it's true or not that he was poor in training. Really makes me question Ten Hag's judgement.

RuudTom83

Plenty more rounds to go with this story.

But one of the reasons why I think the club should stick with a manager, is it means there is no more of this clean-slate bollocks every time a new manager comes in.

Sancho belongs in a Villa shirt or a move back to his level aka the Bundesliga.

He has failed miserable for 3 managers.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
We have really managed to amass a shower of shite these past few seasons, at an epic cost. He always struck me as the ultimate luxury player. Stick him in a ticking team, great, but simply not up to the fight here.

As with so many of our big money signings, feck him off sharpish. Dan James was a better player for us.

saivet

Ropey source but imagine we'll have clarity on how things are by this weekend.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

If that story is true, he is a huge idiot and confirms the kind of personality we have seen since Dortmund. Waste of talent and we better get rid and reinvest

parmenio

We have really managed to amass a shower of shite these past few seasons, at an epic cost. He always struck me as the ultimate luxury player. Stick him in a ticking team, great, but simply not up to the fight here.

As with so many of our big money signings, feck him off sharpish. Dan James was a better player for us.
Our research into background of prospective signings have been terrible. Sancho has not exactly been reliable over the years but he’s not alone in this respect with a lot of our signings. Very poor research. We need get rid asap.

wolvored

People really need to get over the supposed 'mental health issues' Sancho had/has. If he mentally can't handle playing for United then he needs to leave ASAP. He can't handle the scrutiny of playing for a club of this size, that's where any of his issues stem from, and having 'issues' doesn't mean you can be an absolute dick, not run, not train right and publically call your boss a liar. United are in a results based business and you can't carry passengers in this environment because they don't like being told what to do because it makes them 'feel bad'.

Sancho has been given every opportunity to succeed at United and he has failed to take any of the chances given to him. Let's not forget that this manager gave him 5 months away from the pressure of playing for United to get himself right, if he still isn't right then what do we do now? Give him a full season away? Maybe 2 full seasons away?
Well said. The fact he was called out at Dortmund and England for his attitude as well. I any other walk of life he would have been on an improvement program last season and sacked in the summer. As for the amount of money the morons at the club decided to pay him as well at his age, there is no incentive to work hard.

crossy1686

career ending
Ropey source but imagine we'll have clarity on how things are by this weekend.
Yeah the sauce isn’t a good one but if people were expecting anything more from this bloke other than him to run away with his tail between his legs because someone asked him to put a shift in, then they were probably kidding themselves.

You know when you go for a job interview and they ask you to explain any short term roles? They’re looking for this guy. The guy that goes somewhere, refuses to do what’s necessary to be a good team player and then fecks off when the bosses come down on him with an improvement plan.

astracrazy

Hope he's dropped from the squad for the foreseeable future.

Did anyone actually miss him last season when he was out from November to February in Holland? The answer is No.

Get rid of this overpaid snowflake.
Missed in terms of another set of legs we could have used with all the games. In terms of ability, not at all.

To be honest I didn't even notice he wasn't in the squad for the Arsenal game.

Mike Smalling

Maybe not the greatest source, but that outcome is not unbelievable. Shows he doesn't have the right mentality and attitude, and I think it's time to cut our losses. A shame for sure, but the player we have now is not nearly worth what we paid anyway.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
A really bizarre state of affairs, you'd hope he'd want to win his place with Antony out, let's hope that article is wrong.

foolsgold

Always thought it was strange that no one else seemed to be interested in him when he was tearing up the league in Germany. You'd have thought we'd have face competition for his signature but instead we had a clear run both summers.

I'm over the prima donnas and the drama they bring. We'd get as much value in the team by bringing Jessie Lingered back on a free as by persisting with Sancho, i.e. basically nothing. His return over 2 seasons hasn't been remotely good enough for someone being hyped as a generational talent, even Southgate has wised up to him and wants nothing to do with him. Get him gone, some harsh treat here "pour encourager les autres"

AndySmith1990

Hope we never see the lazy workshy little tosser play for the club again. He should feel ashamed of himself

Castia

You almost feel that he’d prefer this just so he can sit home and not have to play. Like I’m being serious his character is that if a player who has zero interest in the game.

Put him in the reserves and make him train away from the main squad until he finds a move in January feck him

TrueRed79

You almost feel that he’d prefer this just so he can sit home and not have to play. Like I’m being serious his character is that if a player who has zero interest in the game.

Put him in the reserves and make him train away from the main squad until he finds a move in January feck him
You're not far off with that post. He's not up for a fight. He's not the right fit for where we are as a team. Complete waste of money. A nothing player for me. Be absolutely amazing if we got anywhere near 50M for him. We are so bad at selling that i think 45 max including add ons is where it'll end up. What a plonker he is. It's mad we continually sign these duds for massive money. We are such a laughing stock. Can only laugh at this stage.

philippexyz

I think he might be interested playing in in Saudi Arabia. He doesn't strike me as a competitive footballer who likes competing for the top honors and improving himself.

He's a lazy slacker who's in football for the money and fame and luxurious lifestyle, not because he really enjoys playing it.

I hope Saudis bails us out here like they did with Chelsea and Liverpool multiple times.

Last edited:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You're not far off with that post. He's not up for a fight. He's not the right fit for where we are as a team. Complete waste of money. A nothing player for me. Be absolutely amazing if we got anywhere near 50M for him. We are so bad at selling that i think 45 max including add ons is where it'll end up. What a plonker he is. It's mad we continually sign these duds for massive money. We are such a laughing stock. Can only laugh at this stage.
He's reportedly on over £300k a week. Even if that is the value with all the bonuses added in, who is going to want to offer us serious money for him and meet his wage expectations? It's Alexis Sanchez all over again.

phenry

Apparently he's refusing to take down the post because he believes it to be true. Very immature on top of everything else

hobbers

All things considered, probably our worst ever big money signing? Gutted what a massive disappointment he was, and I was so excited and hopeful.
Pretty much. Maguire had a decent first season. Pogba had good seasons and big moments. Even Antony produced more goals/assists and big game moments last season than either of Sancho's.

And unlike Antony, Woodward and his clownshow scouted Sancho for years.