Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Don’t be ridiculous.

Nothing petty about it. You don’t teach your kids to apologise because you’re on a power trip ffs.

It’s about respect and discipline. Something football has been losing for decades.
Sancho isn’t ETH’s kid though. He isn’t a kid at all. Adults don’t need ‘discipline’, they need guidance and management - something Erik is struggling to deliver at present.

ETH has every right to drop him, but if Erik can’t handle a player defending themselves publicly, he shouldn’t have made it public himself.

You’d do well to look into Erik’s track record with these kind of issues - Sancho may have previous but so does Erik, a lot of it.

When we were kids, and had a bad grade at school, parents would blame us and make us study to improve it.

Nowadays when kids get a bad grade, parents blame the teacher and say their kid is special and misunderstood.

Kinda explains why some peole would think Sancho is right. Generation of entitlement, people growing up feeling absolved of any blame or responsibility whatsoever.
:lol: This is just utter nonsense.

Kids are under more pressure than ever to perform at school and experience far more stress at a far earlier age than previous generations - this is well established.

ETH should not have spoken publicly about it. When asked he should have just said the reasons for his exclusion are between him and Jadon and not for public comment.

As manager he has final decision on who is selected for match day squads and who isn’t.

Turning the whole thing into a public battle looks badly on both sides.
Sancho is a dick that needs shipping out ASAP but this should not have been played out publicly.
It speaks volumes about Sancho’s mentality. Hopefully he’s gone in a few months. ETH should not have gone public with it though.
Great posting. Well said and I agree on all fronts.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Should absolutely have gone public with it. He wasn’t picked due to a lack of effort and the manager was asked.
What he said wasn’t abrasive and didn’t warrant the outburst from Sancho. I disagree with my managers at work all the time but anyone that has had a job will know that sometimes you have to accept their opinion.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Played out publicly?

Ten Hag was asked why he wasn't selected. Ten Hag said because others were better in training, a completely fair comment that most players would respond to by trying harder.

Sancho responded by saying this was a lie.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Even if we say ten hag could have kept it private. And that it wasn't the best thing to disclose publically.

You have to be sensitive, thin skinned and mentally weak to react the way sancho did.

Revaulx

There is a long list of trustworthy sources behind these reports (Romano, Ornstein etc, etc), so yes, it's probably true.
Fair enough.

It does have a rather theatrical feel; not so much that he’s expected to apologise for having called his manager a liar in public, but that the situation has (presumably) been briefed by the club.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Even if we say ten hag could have kept it private. And that it wasn't the best thing to disclose publically.

You have to be sensitive, thin skinned and mentally weak to react the way sancho did.
Keeps it private….drops Sancho from the match day squad and/or training on his own…like that would have played out any better.

Truth be told, one can assume the manager/management team is clearly just fed up after trying a host of other tactics (including 2-3 months off which is almost unheard of) and the player still not pulling his weight.

Worst yet….the manager didn’t even randomly “make anything public”. It was a throwaway comment.

So sick of all these type players we’ve signed post SAF and yet some still has some sort of sympathy for Sancho. Hope he’s sold asap.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Should absolutely have gone public with it. He wasn’t picked due to a lack of effort and the manager was asked.
What he said wasn’t abrasive and didn’t warrant the outburst from Sancho. I disagree with my managers at work all the time but anyone that has had a job will know that sometimes you have to accept their opinion.
Played out publicly?

Ten Hag was asked why he wasn't selected. Ten Hag said because others were better in training, a completely fair comment that most players would respond to by trying harder.

These two comments basically. It baffles me how some are still spinning the events and taking unreliable reports at face value because of their agenda.

Marcus

Never has a bigger mountain been made out of a smaller molehill (probably). Sancho being disciplined, painful and expensive as it is, is going to pay dividends in the future.

frostbite

Yes, Sancho is probably thin skinned and mentally weak. Which is exactly why ETH should have kept the whole thing private!

ETH was Sancho's boss for a whole year, he should know about Sancho. That's why people are saying that ETH is not very good at man management. Sancho does not matter too much. What is more important is that ETH is not very good at his job (because man management is very important when you have to deal with top talent). Today it is Sancho, tomorrow it will be some other player, ETH will still not be very good at man management.

Mercurial

Yes, Sancho is probably thin skinned and mentally weak. Which is exactly why ETH should have kept the whole thing private!

ETH was Sancho's boss for a whole year, he should know about Sancho. That's why people are saying that ETH is not very good at man management. Sancho does not matter too much. What is more important is that ETH is not very good at his job (because man management is very important when you have to deal with top talent). Today it is Sancho, tomorrow it will be some other player, ETH will still not be very good at man management.
Media would pry and speculate and would never accept that version. There is no private with United. Sancho is an adult (I think?) and supposedly a PRO (on paper) guy need to grow up.

Marcus

Training well is a minimum requirement for this job as a footballer. What is the ambiguity? If Sancho keeps not getting selected (without reason), eventually something would have to give. Otherwise, EtH would be accused of arbitrary favouritism or something else. Already Sancho was given 3 months off without reason last season. Remember the speculation as to why? Is that not enough? Enough chances have been given. Should all other players do the same with no consequences? Rather than being a scapegoat, Sancho was treated with velvet gloves. Sancho is gone. And that's ok.

mk7

Played out publicly?

Sancho's entitled prick-behaviour made it into a public thing. If this is what sets him off, then I guess he is not built for being a pro-level footballer playing for a club that is under constant scrutiny.

ForeverRed1

Played out publicly?

Exactly and ETH has 0 reason to lie. He wants players to give their all and give him a selection headache. It is the only scenario that benefits him.

this situation does not help him in the slightest. He has no reason to lie about sancho in training. He has given a honest assessment of a player when asked, it’s up to the player how he responds. I’m sure ETH thought it’d be with his feet but here we are.

RedStarUnited

I get everything you are saying, I really do but I still wonder how Sancho thinks this is good for him?

What decent club is going to want a trouble making flop?

Basso

Sancho will 100% outlast ETH at Man Utd.
New manager will come in eventually and Sancho will be back in the squad.

BobFromParva

Supports
Whitchurch Alport FC
I doubt that very much but I hope that it will happen, for your sake, as it’ll make your purchase of a Sancho quilt & pillow set, Sancho pyjamas, Sancho life sized blow-up & man-huggable doll (and your my little pony bumper play set) suddenly have meaning for you again.

The very best of luck with your mission in life, please keep all the normal people posted.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I hope not because Sancho has shown very little in his time here. There's another player who could be brought back for footballing reasons but not moral ones.

sugar_kane

If Ten Hag goes and his replacement reinstates a player who publicly went against the manager he will instantly lose the respect of most of the fans and most of the dressing room.

I don't see any way back for Sancho unless he admits he was out of line.

suheilsworld

Did Sancho Say sorry? Because this is from the Press Conference just now

Erik ten Hag on injuries in the camp: “We hope [to have players back from injury]. [Jadon Sancho] got ill for Saturday so he was fit, trained all last week and yesterday he was back in training.

"Today he will train and we have to asses if he is ready and game-fit and if he can be involved in the squad. So we have to wait for that.”

Raulduke

Did Sancho Say sorry? Because this is from the Press Conference just now

Erik ten Hag on injuries in the camp: “We hope [to have players back from injury]. [Jadon Sancho] got ill for Saturday so he was fit, trained all last week and yesterday he was back in training.

"Today he will train and we have to asses if he is ready and game-fit and if he can be involved in the squad. So we have to wait for that.”

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Regardless of whether ETH gets through this season or beyond, Sancho has shown where his loyalties and interests lie and they aren't with the club.

It would be embarrassing to bring him back in under any manager unless he admits his own shortcomings, which almost definitely won't happen.

TsuWave

If Ten Hag goes and his replacement reinstates a player who publicly went against the manager he will instantly lose the respect of most of the fans and most of the dressing room.

I don't see any way back for Sancho unless he admits he was out of line.
You guys are super dramatic. Manager created this mess, to be honest, but besides that - players usually get a new slate when a new manager comes in. Not that I think EtH will go anytime soon.

NLunited

It baffles me that you criticize a coach for demanding Sancho who gets 350k a week to be on time for training.

hobbers

You guys are super dramatic. Manager created this mess, to be honest, but besides that - players usually get a new slate when a new manager comes in. Not that I think EtH will go anytime soon.
He got a new slate with Ralf who by all accounts didnt like him. And then ETH who by all accounts doesnt like him.

buchansleftleg

Regardless of whether ETH gets through this season or beyond, Sancho has shown where his loyalties and interests lie and they aren't with the club.

It would be embarrassing to bring him back in under any manager unless he admits his own shortcomings, which almost definitely won't happen.
Unless our New Manager is also the commercial director of EA sports or Twitch he will be cast aside like all the other mediocre failures. Sadly now that the Glazers foul stench lingers on within the club he will have to be replaced from the bargain bin of Euro-sales...if at all.

TsuWave

He got a new slate with Ralf who by all accounts didnt like him. And then ETH who by all accounts doesnt like him.
Doesn’t change the fact that players usually get new skates when/if a new manager comes in.

No new manager “will lose the respect” of sane/reasonable people if they decide to give him another chance. Especially with United restricted by FFP.

Captmfla

ETH will most certainly outlast Sancho since every manager right after Moyes outlast his predecessor.

LuckyScout78

He got that question after a loss = then it's big chance something negative coming out from him.
After a loss you should be in a bad mood.

Alternative Ten Hag's answer could : "Today i picked the best squad from training performances and Sancho is not on that squad" = this will not mean Sancho was doing poor training. Others players was just doing better than him.

But again. In a bad mood after a loss/his mind. Answered quick. Yes, for some they will take it negative and for some not.

But just being boring. Today i picked the best squad. Then both Sancho and the journalist should have nothing to make a story or a contra answer and respond back.

Every players shall respect the manager always try to pick the best XI and squad.

And if you disagree with the manager. Go direct and talk one to one in his room.

Sancho as a human didn't like critise in public. Ten Hag or most human too. Getting criticise in public.

So i m not saying what is wrong and right. Like someone stand on the left side telling is a nr.6 , the other one saying it is a nr.9. Depend on where you stand at. Your view about things.

frostbite

I get everything you are saying, I really do but I still wonder how Sancho thinks this is good for him?

What decent club is going to want a trouble making flop?
Sancho is a 23 year old entitled multimillionaire. I don't give a fart about him, I don't care what Sancho thinks or what he doesn't think, he is just an immature footballer.

However, I believe that our bigger problem is that our 53-year old manager doesn't know how to handle these situations. He managed Sancho for a year, if he did not like him, he should have sold him quietly in the summer. Now ETH told everyone that Sancho is not training well ... obviously it will be much harder to sell Sancho in the future. Some people will say that nobody wanted to buy Sancho last summer, well, now ETH made sure that nobody will want to buy him in the future either! We'll have to keep Sancho for another 3 years. Thank you Erik!

Judas

Open to offers
Sancho is a 23 year old entitled multimillionaire. I don't give a fart about him, I don't care what Sancho thinks or what he doesn't think, he is just an immature footballer.

However, I believe that our bigger problem is that our 53-year old manager doesn't know how to handle these situations. He managed Sancho for a year, if he did not like him, he should have sold him quietly in the summer. Now ETH told everyone that Sancho is not training well ... obviously it will be much harder to sell Sancho in the future. Some people will say that nobody wanted to buy Sancho last summer, well, now ETH made sure that nobody will want to buy him in the future either! We'll have to keep Sancho for another 3 years. Thank you Erik!
Going by many reports Sancho was up for sale, no one was interested enough.

soapythecat

If Sancho comes back under ETH then there has been a climb down on his part to please ETH. I’m happy with this.
Should, and this will be horrific, that he outlasts ETH and comes back into the team under a new manager, he will be the first player I will happily boo at OT. He should never grace the shirt again in my opinion, but I’d happily let it ride if ETH brought him back

frostbite

Going by many reports Sancho was up for sale, no one was interested enough.
Do you think that ETH telling everyone in public that Sancho does not train well will bring more potential buyers? Did this increase our ability to sell him? Obviously no.

So what was the point of telling anyone about this? If ETH wanted to sideline him, or make him train with the reserves, or send him on loan, or just buy his contract and release him, he could do all that without telling the journalists that Sancho does not train well. It was a mistake by ETH. He had a problem, he made the problem worse for no reason at all.

Judas

Open to offers
Do you think that ETH telling everyone in public that Sancho does not train well will bring more potential buyers? Did this increase our ability to sell him? Obviously no.

So what was the point of telling anyone about this? If ETH wanted to sideline him, or make him train with the reserves, or send him on loan, or just buy his contract and release him, he could do all that without telling the journalists that Sancho does not train well. It was a mistake by ETH. He had a problem, he made the problem worse for no reason at all.
Ten Hag has played this all perfectly. I’m still baffled some still don’t agree, but it is what it is. Ten Hag is far from perfect, but this? No issue.

FerociousCorgis

poor sancho. Ten hag should never say anything remotely .001percent critical of him without taking him into a special little room with nobody else around. Maybe give him another 3-4 months off this season too to go get his head right. Then just play him no matter what. Also if he doesnt do anything right on the field make sure to never say anything at the stadium where it could be overheard telling sancho he is doing anything wrong.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
People seem to be miles away from reality here. There’s no drama.

“We have lots of forward options and he didn’t train as well as the others this week”

That’s literally it. It’s paraphrased but accurate. Everything since then has been public petulance from Sancho, and nonsense media responses in the aftermath.

Lots to criticise ETH for. This is a complete irrelevance.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Don't know about you guys but I mostly already forgot he is even with the club anymore. Everyone (well, not everyone)...but most people deserve a second chance but you d have to think he's had more than that with us now. The fact the club gave him all that time to deal with his personal health issue is admirable but at some point this is still a business. And in that business it's easy to be forgotten if you put yourself in a position where you're getting sidelined.

For a lot of players it's "downhill" after United. Only those who left us to go to a place like Real historically could argue the opposite. And lets face it - Real wont be knocking on the door for him. So im still not sure how he thought this would play out well for him.

9 Stone Elvis

Ten Hag was asked a question about not selecting Sancho in other words he was being called out on his team selection. he said Sancho didnt train as well as others so wasn't picked. Thats not a public dressing down. Sancho's response on social media was completely disproportionate and called his manager a liar about a subjective question. Given that Sancho has done NOTHING in a United shirt his was an extraordinary statement and either he's trying to work his ticket out of the club or he is a complete moron. The jury is out for me on which it is.

mu4c_20le

Ten Hag was asked a question about not selecting Sancho in other words he was being called out on his team selection. he said Sancho didnt train as well as others so wasn't picked. Thats not a public dressing down. Sancho's response on social media was completely disproportionate and called his manager a liar about a subjective question. Given that Sancho has done NOTHING in a United shirt his was an extraordinary statement and either he's trying to work his ticket out of the club or he is a complete moron. The jury is out for me on which it is.
To be fair, Sancho wasn't completely wrong either, as he basically insinuated that others have been getting away with it for the same things. He had more goal contributions than Antony soto be completely dropped from the team warranted a question from the media.