Eriksen states that the manager prefers a different playing style to his | UnitedSofa was lazy and didn’t read the article first

Judas

Open to offers
Boo fecking hoo. Fair enough every player should believe they should start, but only eleven can. Hate international break for all this shite.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Shit happens when you're not very good Sony. Back to Brentford you go.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I haven't read the full quotes yet but on the surface it's good for Eriksen and us. You always want players who are unhappy at not playing, it shows they have a hunger to prove they still have it.

Edit - just saw the quotes and don't think he's said anything wrong.

Woodzy

Our players love a whinge don’t they.

Maybe the club keep getting confused when the fans keep crying out for a proper winger.

tomaldinho1

This isn’t even a story, read the article.
We know ETH is trying to move to an 8 and we know the player who Mount replaced is Eriksen.

Bondi77

Good to see a player not happy with his game time so long as it is a positive and it means he is going to try harder to rectify that and not cry like a bitch to the media and try and cause unrest in the dressing room.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Our players love a whinge don’t they.

Maybe the club keep getting confused when the fans keep crying out for a proper winger.
Its not whinge. Read the article. I think he's also just answering questions asked to him.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
"Though we’ve conceded more goals than we’d like, my health is in top condition, and I wish to be on the field for every match. If you’ve been keeping tabs on our games, you’d notice that the manager [Ten Hag] prefers a player with a different style than mine.”

There is nothing to this story.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
He's 31, joined us on a free and we've signed central 3 midfielders + 1 loan since he arrived. Surely no one should be surprised by this?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We know the manager prefers other players to him, you can see it in the selection.

If he was happy with that, he'd be called Harry or Scott

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Coming from someone who has made quite a few drama threads recently, I don't see anything wrong with this.

Oranges038

Amazingly the headline doesn't really align with what he said. Who'd have known?

arthurka

So what's wrong with this? He wants to play more and believe he is good enough. Good for him but he isn't even close.

Big Andy

Bloke
Or someone who can Switch positions on the fly.
Disagree, they need to follow the managers Master System, but to do that they need to have a Mega Drive within them, which they don’t have.

If they can increase their output from first and second gear into Game Gear, then they’d have more chance of playing.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I read this a day or two ago and i didn't think once this was anything dramatic. He wants to play like anyone else, and he is right, ten hag has prefered another type than him.

True clickbait story.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Given all the comments on the article's heading being misleading, it would be helpful if you could update the thread title and OP accordingly. There's enough complaining on the site already. :)

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
How to complain about something that can't be complained about

foolsgold

Clickbait nonsense, the quotes are fine.

It's good he wants to play more, personally I don't think he deserves it but there's nothing to see here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Is this thread worthy? He is saying he wants to play more and ten hag obviously is looking for more legs in midfield. It's not a problem for Eriksen to say this nor is it a problem that ten hag does it

prateik

Don't think there is much in these comments... but he is also easily our most creative midfielder after Bruno.. Considering we are struggling to break teams down, I am surprised he isnt playing more.

Wont last 90 minutes.. but offers so much more than the others.

Pronewbie

Peep
Disagree, they need to follow the managers Master System, but to do that they need to have a Mega Drive within them, which they don’t have.

If they can increase their output from first and second gear into Game Gear, then they’d have more chance of playing.
I'm afraid you're just Dreamcast-ing.

Hal9000

This isn’t even a story, read the article.
We know ETH is trying to move to an 8 and we know the player who Mount replaced is Eriksen.
Written by sensationalist hacks "reduced playing time since Erik Ten Hag took over" forgetting that he took over last season and recruited Eriksen who played nearly all the time.

Wing Attack Plan R

Eriksen is never going to be starting every week, not sure even he would be expecting (or wanting) that. He's a great player but it's also clear Ten Hag is moving towards a faster system. I like Eriksen and think he's still a useful player.

garelo

our No. 10 should be either him or Bruno, IDK why ETH seem to have tendency of playing sub-standard player as no. 10, last season it was Weghorst this season seems to be Mount (i wont call Mount substandard just think hes inferior no. 10 to Bruno or Eriksen)

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
How many players from other top clubs leaks and gives this much of interviews and tweets like our players? I can't think of money. Baldy need to draw a line and decide what gets discussed at where. This is beyond ridiculous. Not happy with play time? Request transfer.

CallyRed

I'm not going to read the article but instead get infuriated by the headline.

Lyng

What he actually said is the following:

"I think you need to ask the manager what he thinks. We have been hit badly by injuries in the defence. And quite frankly we have let in too many goals.
I was Ill last week but feeling good now, no knocks now. The body is well and of course I would love to play every match. But if you have seen the matches yourself, you will see that Ten Hag prefers to play with players of a different type than me right now."

Thats it. In fact earlier in that interview he talks about how he enjoys that Rasmus is now there. There is zero indication that he wants to leave or is unhappy with Ten Hag.

pascell

First player we've bought and then sold for profit since Dan James? Can see him asking for a move in January with the Euros coming up. We're stacked in CM now if ten Hag is going to keep using Mejbri and eventually Mainoo.