Erling Håland

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's reportedly not a fan of United, I wouldn't get too excited about the kid.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
https://www.tv2.no/sport/10856154/

• His father bet £20 on him to score a hat trick @ 18.5
  • His father says it would be cool if he gets to play for Ole's United. Says there's a difference between being a supporter and being a professional

It's on lads :drool:

Resch

Haha, I support (and have a season card for) Wiener Sport-Club. We haven't had an "idea" since the 50s :lol:. At least in terms of winning football.

None of the Austrian clubs are going to win anything. RB Salzburg is just a feeder club for RB's bigger ambitions in Germany. There's no "plan" there beyond that.
I am sorry for comparing you to Rapid and Austria Vienna. WSC is some sort of special an unique and has my respect.
But dominating the Bundesliga, the Austrian Cup and playing international, while developing young players and selling their best ones. Sounds like a plan, a good one for a small country like Austria. Ralfs idea of using Salzburg as farm for RBL is over. Only one player is allowed to join RBL every transferwindow. Now Ralf is building RBL own little farm in Brazil.

GuyfromAustria

RB Salzburg is just a feeder club for RB's bigger ambitions in Germany. There's no "plan" there beyond that.
Well, of course they are a plastic club and I can't stand that whole thing with partner clubs in other countries, but it's not THAT bad - Salzburg have sold 15 players for more than € 10 Mio. and "only" 4 of them to Leipzig (Keita, Haidara, Wolf and Upamecano), so really isn't a guarantee that everyone will end up there, although possible.

BarstoolProphet

The problem is that hes a Leeds fan and is also the son of Alf Inge Haaland, the guy who Keane mauled :nervous:

Read the post above yours. His father basically confirmed that United is a serious option. If Ole is still at the wheel come winter or next summer, then I'm pretty sure we will be in a pole position to sign him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His Dad isn't stupid guys.

The United he had a rivalry with is very different to the modern day. He would never stop his Son being at a huge club and earning a shedload of cash just because he had a spat with Keane.

lysglimt

Scout
The problem is that hes a Leeds fan and is also the son of Alf Inge Haaland, the guy who Keane mauled :nervous:
There are some very strong argument for us, but I don't Think he should leave before next summer at the earliest.

Dve

After looking

After looking at both incidents again I have

I'm a Keane fan but seeing this again is fecking horrifying and nothing more than an act of violence. I'm sorry to say this but if Keane would have been banned for life it wouldn't have been an injustice.
If you could say Keane in a moment of madness just lost his head, I could perhaps have forgiven him for this. My impression though, is this was a planned act, and something he still does not regret. Tells a bit about him as a person, in my opinion, and that kind of person should never be a leder of any football team - or any team, for the sake of it.

simplyared

If you could say Keane in a moment of madness just lost his head, I could perhaps have forgiven him for this. My impression though, is this was a planned act, and something he still does not regret. Tells a bit about him as a person, in my opinion, and that kind of person should never be a leder of any football team - or any team, for the sake of it.
Yes no doubt it was blatant and planned. Also after looking at the 1st incident when Keane got the knee injury, which sparked the whole thing off, Keane tried to whack Håland off the ball. So I tend to agree with what you're saying. The retaliation from Keane on Håland is sick to watch.

Bulldog United

I'm fairly sure Keane admitted in his book that it was pre-planned and he was waiting for the opportunity to nail him in the match. I adore Roy Keane even to this day for all that he did for us, but that moment is still sickening to see and I wish he'd never done it. I also wish he could express geneuine regret for that mad moment, but he won't ever do that unless he really feels it.

lsd

The Oracle
Harland did an interview once where he posed by Munich graffiti concerning United.

He spat abuse on Keane as he lay injured after snapping his cruciate ligament .

I think any normal person would take the opportunity to have a pop at him if the chance ever arose

It also had nothing to do with ruining his career either

vanderpants

Looks a good prospect, no doubt his dad has filled his head with anti Utd shite, really hated his dad as a player for leeds and city

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Looks a good prospect, no doubt his dad has filled his head with anti Utd shite, really hated his dad as a player for leeds and city
You don't tend to do any research before posting, do you?
Multiple people in here have written about Alf Inge saying that his son's alternatives will not be limited by Alf Inges own career.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

I think any normal person would take the opportunity to have a pop at him if the chance ever arose
Again, Keane injured himself trying to take Haaland out - it wasn't some benign moment where Keane just got hurt and Haaland ran over. Any normal person would have done what Haaland did, give him a piece of his mind for being a piece of shit.

Dve

Again, Keane injured himself trying to take Haaland out - it wasn't some benign moment where Keane just got hurt and Haaland ran over. Any normal person would have done what Haaland did, give him a piece of his mind for being a piece of shit.
Also, I was inside the penalty area. Could it be that Alf I. Håland thought he was diving to get a penalty? For sure, he did not think he was seriously injured.

Dve

I'm fairly sure Keane admitted in his book that it was pre-planned and he was waiting for the opportunity to nail him in the match. I adore Roy Keane even to this day for all that he did for us, but that moment is still sickening to see and I wish he'd never done it. I also wish he could express geneuine regret for that mad moment, but he won't ever do that unless he really feels it.
I haven´t read his book, but this is also how I remember he was quoted in the media.

vanderpants

You don't tend to do any research before posting, do you?
Multiple people in here have written about Alf Inge saying that his son's alternatives will not be limited by Alf Inges own career.
Nope (can't be arsed reading through countless posts) and we will see

johanovic

Erling Haland is a player we should be signing right now. This guy has some serious talent and his scoring record is very impressive at all levels. He´s a good presser in his defensive work, good at running with the ball at his feet,good movement in finding space in attacking positions, remarkably fast for a guy standing 1,91 cm. On top of that he can use both feet and is a strong header of the ball, is intelligent in his overall movement on the field and clearly has a strong mentality and that perhaps should be of no surprise. Him and Sancho in + 2 very strong midfielders and we would be starting to look a very impressive team/squad again.

passing-wind

It's not so much his record which is worth praise it's the manner in which he's putting the ball behind the net. He thus far seems like a composed, clinical finisher. To me the only clinical player in the squad is Martial it wouldn't hurt to add more steel behind the attack. It largely depends on how Ole intends to utilize the attacking players moving forward, if we sign a striker are we stuck at having three (James, Martial, Rashford) competing for a wide forward role again.

Zlatattack

How does he play football? Is he a target man type, or more well rounded? Which type of striker would you compare him too?

The goals sounds impressive, but stats alone don't tell you everything.

Lentwood

This is why we were right not to spunk the Lukaku money on a quick fix like Icardi or Dybala

I’m not saying Haaland is the right player, I had never even heard of him before yesterday

However, what I am saying, and said at the time, is that two or three top quality young strikers will emerge this season. We want to be in a position to buy one of those players, not some expensive cast-off

Resch

How does he play football? Is he a target man type, or more well rounded? Which type of striker would you compare him too?

The goals sounds impressive, but stats alone don't tell you everything.
Big and fast, uses his body and speed to break threw defences. Good first touch for his size. Great teamplayer, knows where his teammates are (5 assits) . After all a clinical finisher! Does not have the best header, but is still useful in the air. He knows how to press and defend.
To compare him is not easy, because not too players with a big body are used to pressing and gegenpressing.
Newest gossip is Barca and Dortmund are interested. But every big club will be sniffing around.

Dozer

Big and fast, uses his body and speed to break threw defences. Good first touch for his size. Great teamplayer, knows where his teammates are (5 assits) . After all a clinical finisher! Does not have the best header, but is still useful in the air. He knows how to press and defend.
To compare him is not easy, because not too players with a big body are used to pressing and gegenpressing.
Newest gossip is Barca and Dortmund are interested. But every big club will be sniffing around.
I haven't seen much of him, but based on that description Mario Mandzukic is the best comparison that springs to mind.

Handré1990

I haven't seen much of him, but based on that description Mario Mandzukic is the best comparison that springs to mind.
Is it though? He just described him as really fast and good in high pressing systems, something Mandzukic never had. It’s that, on top of his other considerable skills which marks him as a top prospect in the modern game.

simplyared

Harland did an interview once where he posed by Munich graffiti concerning United.

It also had nothing to do with ruining his career either
Have a pop at him is one thing. Kean's tackle could have maimed him for life ffs.

lysglimt

Scout
I haven´t read his book, but this is also how I remember he was quoted in the media.
Not only that but he was banned by FA for admitting to it...3 or 4 matches, I can't recall

Dozer

Is it though? He just described him as really fast and good in high pressing systems, something Mandzukic never had. It’s that, on top of his other considerable skills which marks him as a top prospect in the modern game.
Mandzukic is a pressing forward. Have you seen his work rate? And he's not quick over 5 yards nowadays, but certainly still has considerable top speed.

lysglimt

Scout
Absolutely not - he is not particularly good in the air like Mandzukic is. He is built like an ox, good speed and a deadly left foot. I can't help thinking of a bigger more powerful version of an early Alan Shearer.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Håland is not Lukaku. They are both big and strong, but being big and strong should never disqualify you from being a United player, should it.
Being technicaly mediocre should though. No idea if this lad is of course. But somebody (and Ole apparently) compared him to Lukaku so there's that.

Handré1990

:lol:

Yeah, hard to explain, but he definitely doesn't strike me as a Mandzukic.
Not even the same category of player. I really haven’t seen enough of him to be confident in my assessment of his techincal ability, but the little I’ve seen puts him way above Lukaku in that respect. Quite often he has a brilliant first touch, which doesn’t really sound like Lukaku at all @amolbhatia50k He’s not elegant in his use of the ball, but effective I’d say.

Eriku

Not even the same category of player. I really haven’t seen enough of him to be confident in my assessment of his techincal ability, but the little I’ve seen puts him way above Lukaku in that respect. Quite often he has a brilliant first touch, which doesn’t really sound like Lukaku at all @amolbhatia50k He’s not elegant in his use of the ball, but effective I’d say.
Yeah, he's really good at scooping the ball into space and running past everybody. And cold as fecking ice in front of goal.

His temperament is quite something too, seems totally unfazed.

Hansa

Can't really think of any player that resembles him, so for now I'll describe him as one of those big dogs that love running and playing in the garden, but will always knock you over in order to fetch the ball.