Erling Håland

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If Ole was interested I would have thought we'd have made a move this past summer when it was evident Lukaku wanted to leave.

amolbhatia50k

Maybe we want a more experienced striker
Possibly. But then not much would change in that regard until he's 22/23. On the other hand, if he's like Lukaku, he may not believe that he's the right fit for us.

BarstoolProphet

If Ole was interested I would have thought we'd have made a move this past summer when it was evident Lukaku wanted to leave.

I think it's just a case of bad timing. Haaland had already been sold to RB at the time of Ole to United. Also he spent his first six months getting to know the club and team mates before really breaking through this season. It was Ole that brought him to Molde and gave him his debut and Erling has also said that he's been regularly in touch with Ole to get some advice. I bet no one is monitoring his situation more closely than Ole.

arthurka

I think it's just a case of bad timing. Haaland had already been sold to RB at the time of Ole to United. Also he spent his first six months getting to know the club and team mates before really breaking through this season. It was Ole that brought him to Molde and gave him his debut and Erling has also said that he's been regularly in touch with Ole to get some advice. I bet no one is monitoring his situation more closely than Ole.
We will have a chance with Ole as Haaland speaks really highly of Ole as a manager.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Because he wasn't available, he just joined Salzburg 6 month earlier. We were actually linked with him before though so the club must be keeping an eye on him

amolbhatia50k

We will have a chance with Ole as Haaland speaks really highly of Ole as a manager.
Surely we'd have a good chance regardless. United is a huge club and he's a 19 year old promosing striker.

Resch

United should buy him for 35 millions in January and send him back to Salzburg for a year. Waiting too long would be big mistake!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He seems a top talent but lets be honest Genk were bloody awful. This RBS team are flying right now and full of confidence, I wouldn't sign him just off the back of that.

Let's see how he does in the rest of the group. In the recent international matches for Norway he didn't look that special IMO.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
United should buy him for 35 millions in January and send him back to Salzburg for a year. Waiting too long would be big mistake!
You and I both know he's going to be "loaned" to Leipzig here shortly. RB has a well developed path here that they will follow now that they have their claws into him.

feck Red Bull. feck RB Salzburg and "RasenBall" and all their other nonsense. feck Servus TV. In general, a loathsome corporation that has hijacked Austrian football and sport in general.

Fosu-Mens

More impressed with that South Korean guy.

Haaland is for me atm limited, still a big potential talent. Can score goals but lacks other parts of the game to play as a striker that can contribute in the modern game. It is not that he does not have the technical ability to do it, like Lukaku lacks, it is the lack of experience and someone coaching him to become efficent in situations outside the 6 yeard box. Going to United would not help his developement, Rashford only "improvements" as a player since 2015 are muscles and tattoos, still limited.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Salzburg are an excellent team by the way. Possibly the best European team outside of the top leagues (England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Portugal and Netherlands).

Resch

You and I both know he's going to be "loaned" to Leipzig here shortly. RB has a well developed path here that they will follow now that they have their claws into him.

feck Red Bull. feck RB Salzburg and "RasenBall" and all their other nonsense. feck Servus TV. In general, a loathsome corporation that has hijacked Austrian football and sport in general.
Your words show the frustration of an Austria or Rapid fan. There is no idea, no plan left in the Austrian capital to win anything. Only the bitterness of mediocrity grows faster and faster in the shadow of football giants like LASK and WAC. Haland will be in the PL sooner than later, like Schlager joined Wolfsburg, Lainer followed Rose. Some players may join RBL, but it is the players choice not RBLs oder REd Bulls.

Handré1990

He looks like the real deal. I know a lot of posters will come out with the usual caveats of how bad Genk was etc, it doesn’t really matter. The kid just scored a hattrick om his CL debut. Incredible.

His touch looks good imo, usually a problem for this type of player, so it’ll be interesting to follow his development.

simplyared

After looking

There's video of the original incident. Keane had no chance at the ball and swipes out from behind trying to just hack Haaland down. It was a dirty attempt, and cosmic justice was served by his ACL snapping in response.
After looking at both incidents again I have
Uhm? This obviously? Don't care who the feck you are. This kind of shit is disgraceful.

I'm a Keane fan but seeing this again is fecking horrifying and nothing more than an act of violence. I'm sorry to say this but if Keane would have been banned for life it wouldn't have been an injustice.

JustABall

After looking

After looking at both incidents again I have

I'm a Keane fan but seeing this again is fecking horrifying and nothing more than an act of violence. I'm sorry to say this but if Keane would have been banned for life it wouldn't have been an injustice.
Would have been knighted had he been English.

John Blund

If he manages to make an impact against Liverpool and Napoli, we should throw whatever money RB Salzburg desire for him. Are we looking at £30-45M? Looks like he has a decent first touch, a better natural finisher than most of our striker (haven't seen too much of Greenwood), and quite strong, even at 19. I'm guessing most of our strikers got more pace.

Cantonaaa!

Though Noggies had more common sense.
I think Jim Solbakken is his agent and advisor. Ole's best friend.
Comment from a journalist in Norwegian paper Dagbladet today, making a case for why Haaland to United is bound to happen. Some bullet points from said article:

• 1) Ole Gunnar Solskjær vant norgeskampen om Haaland og hentet spilleren til Molde som 16-åring.
  • 2) Han utviklet spilleren, ga gutten tillit og gjorde ham til en salgsvare som kunne velge og brake i tilbud, før han klokelig tok det korte steget opp og gikk til Salzburg.
  • 3) Jim Solbakken er Erling Braut Haalands agent og rådgiver.
  • 4) Jim Solbakken er Ole Gunnar Solskjærs beste venn.
  • 5) Pappa Alf Inge Haaland, tidligere Leeds- og landslagsspiller, har et profesjonelt, tillitsfullt og meget godt forhold til Jim Solbakken og Ole Gunnar Solskjær.
  • 6) Erling Braut Haaland har aldri lagt skjul på hvor glad han er for at han kom under Ole Gunnar Solskjærs vinger.
Feel free to translate caftarfs. I have to make dinner. :D

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I think Jim Solbakken is his agent and advisor. Ole's best friend.
Comment from a journalist in Norwegian paper Dagbladet today, making a case for why Haaland to United is bound to happen. Some bullet points from said article:

• 1) Ole Gunnar Solskjær vant norgeskampen om Haaland og hentet spilleren til Molde som 16-åring.
  • 2) Han utviklet spilleren, ga gutten tillit og gjorde ham til en salgsvare som kunne velge og brake i tilbud, før han klokelig tok det korte steget opp og gikk til Salzburg.
  • 3) Jim Solbakken er Erling Braut Haalands agent og rådgiver.
  • 4) Jim Solbakken er Ole Gunnar Solskjærs beste venn.
  • 5) Pappa Alf Inge Haaland, tidligere Leeds- og landslagsspiller, har et profesjonelt, tillitsfullt og meget godt forhold til Jim Solbakken og Ole Gunnar Solskjær.
  • 6) Erling Braut Haaland har aldri lagt skjul på hvor glad han er for at han kom under Ole Gunnar Solskjærs vinger.
Feel free to translate caftarfs. I have to make dinner. :D
1. Ole won the battle in Norway for Hålands signature as a 16-year old.
2. He developed the player, trusted the kid and made him a sought after player so he could choose which team he thought could develop him the best.
3. Jim Solbakken is Hålands agent and counselor.
4. Jim Solbakken is one of Ole's closest friends, and his former agent.
5. Alf Inge Håland, Erlings father and former Leeds and national team player as a professional and trusting relationship to Jim Solbakken & Ole Gunnar Solskjær.
6. Erling has never hidden that he is very happy with his time with Ole Gunnar as his manager.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
1. Ole won the battle in Norway for Hålands signature as a 16-year old.
2. He developed the player, trusted the kid and made him a sought after player so he could choose which team he thought could develop him the best.
3. Jim Solbakken is Hålands agent and counselor.
4. Jim Solbakken is one of Ole's closest friends, and his former agent.
5. Alf Inge Håland, Erlings father and former Leeds and national team player as a professional and trusting relationship to Jim Solbakken & Ole Gunnar Solskjær.
6. Erling has never hidden that he is very happy with his time with Ole Gunnar as his manager.
Takk så mye!

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Raw skills but an absurd amount of desire and work ethic. It’s almost as if Ole created his ideal striker. Should also note he’s a feckin nutter. Would love a character like that in the dressing room. Drives around listening to the Champions league anthem (who doesn’t?) and just watch his interview after his hat trick game :lol:

Last edited: