Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
And people think Greenwood's the better player. :lol:
In all seriousness, Greenwood would have made an absolute mockery of those defenders given the same space.

If you were scouting him for the first time you'd report back that the signs were very positive but you'd need to seem him play a game against an actual defence before you could give any sort of opinion.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yeah he'll get some Cardiff type player, amIrite?
I think that he will probably get the sack. The club will need a scapegoat at the end of the season and that won't be the guy who forced the manager to face the season with no midfield and RW.

Then the new manager will come in and he will be properly 'supported' but of course the year after as he will need to assess the squad first. Don't worry though Woodward will renew contracts to the likes of mata and lingard

el3mel

Greenwood is a pretty good talent, no point down rating him while talking about Haaland. It's Greenwood's first season with the first team, not playing regularly and actually has pretty good numbers despite the team being a hot mess.

Nickelodeon

That only sparks the hype. But let's all calm down. Nobody questions his talent and surely he'll be a success at Dortmund. He is the one who got away. No point blaming anyone especially Ole. If there's any area where we're actually doing okay, it's our strike force.

Andersonson

We are not that great though, are we? We "give chance" to fair few young players but we are basically throwing them to the wolves instead of slowly easing them in. Also, complete lack of good coaching doesn't help improve as players. All the young players we signed in the last few years have also not improved here at all so I would say yeah, we are bad at youth development at this moment. Borussia is a perfect club for him right now to improve as a player and if I was in his place, I would have done the same.

Not great? Name 5 teams in the top 4 leagues who are better?

Ban

I think that he will probably get the sack. The club will need a scapegoat at the end of the season and that won't be the guy who forced the manager to face the season with no midfield and RW.

Then the new manager will come in and he will be properly 'supported' but of course the year after as he will need to assess the squad first. Don't worry though Woodward will renew contracts to the likes of mata and lingard
I thought Ole is the biggest problem and once we solve that everything will be better.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You all saying it was purely because of the clause he didnt come here?
Not saying that at all. He may have preferred Dortmund anyway.

However if the £60m release fee in 2022 is true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, then it's for the best. He could have been taken off us by City or Liverpool. How would that have felt? Feck that. Dortmund are going to lose him for sure.

mu4c_20le

You all saying it was purely because of the clause he didnt come here?
Fergie didn't allow clauses like that, I would;ve been disappointed if Ole did. If he really didn't want to come here, he would have quashed those rumours early on, and his dad wouldn't have bothered to tour our facilities.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I just can't see him spending his whole career in the bundesliga like lewandowski.

Such an over done move from Hummels to gotze to lewandowski.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I thought Ole is the biggest problem and once we solve that everything will be better.
I never said that. Ole is out of depth but the real problem is the guy who gave him the job. The same guy who allowed him to start the season with promises of ample financial support but no cm

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The defense is absolutely horrible, but he was devastating with the opportunities he was given, like he usually seems to do. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does the rest of the season. If the release clause is true, I wonder if Dortmund will try or even manage/desire to sell early because the reported figure is low compared to some of the sales they've made for their best talents.

M16Red

He has a £60m release fee in his contract that is active from May 2022. People like you moaning now would have been even worse had we got him and then lost him after 2 years to Madrid, Barca or even City or Pool. We'd have been helpless to stop it too.
What a simple way of looking at it, it's like not chatin a girl up because your worried shell leave you before even approaching her. You never know she might like simple ugly looking blokes!

Classical Mechanic

I just can't see him spending his whole career in the bundesliga like lewandowski.

Such an over done move from Hummels to gotze to lewandowski.
I highly doubt that, his contract is setup to either make Dortmund sell him after 18 months for a crazy fee or sell him for peanuts after 30 months. If it’s the 30 month option then the fees to his Dad and Raiola will be astronomical. If he carries on like this then Bayern won’t be paying the fee it would take.

That said, I’ll reserve judgement on today’s game because the defending was absurd, he was just waiting on the half way line to get free run ins on goal.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This one is gonna hurt everytime he scores a goal isnt it? Hopefully every Greenwood goal feels like aloe vera on the burns

TheReligion

Abusive
Because.. it's a forum and I disagree?

Look, I still think we're a really attractive proposition for players despite what some say, but I can see why, based on our (lack of) success with signing players of a similar age and reputation to Haaland in the last decade, that players like him would be reluctant to come here over say, Dortmund, who have done an incredible job with young players they buy, in contrast.
Out of interest who are all these young players Dortmund have developed? So I can compare.

Tragically Hip

We fcuked this one up.
How did United scew this up? I Genuinely wonder why this is a common sentiment. Is the narrative that United lowballed his wages? Wouldn't guarantee a starting spot? Its Ole's fault? I thought he chose Dortmund to develop further and move on fairly quickly to the next step.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We fcuked this one up.
How so? Bowing to the demands of Raiola would have been pretty crazy. Were we supposed to co-own him with Raiola and his dad, and allowing him to leave in 2-3 years time to earn them all another payday?

Bratt

We fcuked this one up.
No we didn’t.
The way I see it there’s two scenarios.
1. We refused to agree to Raiola’s crazy demands, which supposedly contained a release clause, and Raiola getting a big sum of the next transfer, or
2. Haaland chose Dortmund for professional reasons.

Either way, we didn’t feck this up. Too bad we didn’t get him though, but overpaying, or agreeing to silly demands should not be something we do.

Un4givableB

How so? Bowing to the demands of Raiola would have been pretty crazy. Were we supposed to co-own him with Raiola and his dad, and allowing him to leave in 2-3 years time to earn them all another payday?
I hope the clubs spin keeps you warm at night, he didn't come here because HE didn't want to not because we wouldn't agree with a release clause.

Is a player allowed to switch clubs two windows in a row?
Absolutely. It’s just a little odd that we so last minute decided ”this lad is good, but he’s already decided to go Dortmund, quick on plane to try and get him”.

Surely if Ole knew he was that good we should have wrapped this up in the Summer with no competition once Lukaku left.

Eriku

Can switch as many times as he wants, can play for two clubs in registered competitions.
Absolutely. It’s just a little odd that we so last minute decided ”this lad is good, but he’s already decided to go Dortmund, quick on plane to try and get him”.

Surely if Ole knew he was that good we should have wrapped this up in the Summer with no competition once Lukaku left.
Ok, wasn’t sure as I thought I’d heard that a player can only switch clubs once per calendar year, or season.

And Kostur, of course a player can play for two teams in a season, my question was pertaining to three clubs in a single year.

and RAB: hindsight is 20/20. Most were taken aback by how mental Haaland’s season has been. I imagine Ole wouldn’t bring him to the pressures and competition at United without knowing whether he was ready. For everybody’s sake. To make this out to be some fumble is stretching it.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The mind-blowing thing about this kid is how he has this Ronaldo habit of constantly forcing attacking decisions for his own team. Tirelessly creates angles and runs in between defenders which forces your own team to attack and more often than not results in a shot on goal.

He's going to be a goal machine. He's obsessed. He's got the same obsession that Ronaldo figured out in his mid twenties...

GledTheRed

How did United scew this up? I Genuinely wonder why this is a common sentiment. Is the narrative that United lowballed his wages? Wouldn't guarantee a starting spot? Its Ole's fault? I thought he chose Dortmund to develop further and move on fairly quickly to the next step.
We should have bent over for him, he's obviously very very good. Now he will never play for us as the next stop for him will be Bayern, Barca, Madrid.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We should have bent over for him, he's obviously very very good. Now he will never play for us as the next stop for him will be Bayern, Barca, Madrid.
Oh stop the frigging bleating. He wanted BD over us for his development, end of.

CM and a wide right player is what we need more than a CF. Get over it

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
He could have had 4 goals if Sancho had passed instead of passing the goalie to score himself (it was a low-risk move from Jadon so no complaints there). Talk about getting yourself into finishing positions.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
And he can happily go there as well and I still wont give a feck.

United should bend over for nobody, specifically that cnut Raiola. He's playing in a shit league against shit defenders however had he come to the PL and on the off chance he makes it at United, we should give others the opportunity to force a move at a cut price while he makes an astronomical name for himself off of our brand? feck off.

ArjenIsM3

And he can happily go there as well and I still wont give a feck.

United should bend over for nobody, specifically that cnut Raiola. He's playing in a shit league against shit defenders and on the off chance he makes it at United, we should give others the opportunity to force a move at a cut price while he makes an astronomical name for himself off of our brand? feck off.
Agreed. The meltdown in this thread is ridiculous.