Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Every country has their own journalist saying he's close to join them.

Let's just see what happens.
Not that I see it as anything definitive, but it's more like everyone but the English think he will go to Germany?!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He has also said Gündogan would join Dortmund last summer and his ITK information about Brandt was not 100% his because a real Leverkusen ITK (Friend of the Bender's) has said weeks before on Twitter that Brandt would join Dortmund.
I brought that guy up solely because the "coincidental" timing of Fjortofts tweet.
I don't trust any of these guys on twitter, even if they are trying to be genuinely informative you don't know their source and how close it is to the inner workings or how reliable it is, so I usually don't see the point in bringing their claims to the caf.
That being said as far as I know the person in question wasn't the one who claimed Gündogan was a done deal - that was another supposed ITK and not knowing about this Bender leak I gave him some credit for committing to Brandt so early.

OL29

Haaland would only be the end of Martial if Martial chooses it to be, if he sulks and decides he wants to move elsewhere then fair enough. You'd hope it would spur him on, but I have major doubts.
Doesn’t all evidence point to him fighting for his place? I mean, he did that numerous times under Mourinho. Seems to be w growing myth that Martial sulks at any sign of adversity.

United Hobbit

I'm not sure we will get him but if we were to sign him how would his signing affect Greenwood? Obviously Greenwood is very young still so would take a bit of pressure off him but I not sure how I'd feel if it meant him being frozen out back into the under 23's?

Obviously we hardly have a surplus of strikers but I cant see Rashy or Martial being dropped and surely Haaland will expect to play so that leaves James and Greenwood being at best bench players?

It would be good though if we are able to use all of them throughout a game as each offers something different and may suit different games

Know they are different ages/ levels of experience but who do people feel has the higher ceiling Greenwood or Haaland?

SAFMUTD

Haaland would only be the end of Martial if Martial chooses it to be, if he sulks and decides he wants to move elsewhere then fair enough. You'd hope it would spur him on, but I have major doubts.
Then so be it, the stories about how Martial needs all love and support in the world are nonsense. No player has a nailed starting place, the myths about how Martial went south because Lukaku took his number, pure bullshit if another player takes his place is because he's best than him.

Fuller10

Apparently a charter from Salzburg landed in Dortmund at 10:43 + And Aki was not present at the draw earlier today.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He has also said Gündogan would join Dortmund last summer and his ITK information about Brandt was not 100% his because a real Leverkusen ITK (Friend of the Bender's) has said weeks before on Twitter that Brandt would join Dortmund.
Friend of the Bender’s !!! :lol: :lol:

GledTheRed

I dont agree with that interpretation considering who is loud from Germany compared to here. Very few credible journalists in UK appear to have any information.
He knows OGS well and he knows his old man, OGS went to see him on Friday. I reckon it's in the bag and i'll be surprised if it's not us.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I was positive until I read that Woodward also was on the Salzburg trip. Complete dealbreaker if ever there was one.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He knows OGS well and he knows his old man, OGS went to see him on Friday. I reckon it's in the bag and i'll be surprised if it's not us.
But his dad wants to do what is best for his son. To him, it is irrelevant that he knows OGS if he dont trust that Man Utd represent the best option for his son development. And they decided to visit Dortmund and Leipzig despite knowing OGS is interested.

In my opinion, you meet someone face to face when they need convincing. Not to seal anything. Why would OGS have to meet him to «seal» anything? I dont see it working that way.

But I hope you are right. Oles smile at the press conference when touching upon the topic made me positive. But he is so difficult to read sometimes..

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I dont agree with that interpretation considering who is loud from Germany compared to here. Very few credible journalists in UK appear to have any information.
ornstein is one of the most credible UK journos and he’s said we’ve been given encouragement from him?

arthurka

With Ole at the wheel we will have as good of a chance as any top team, or probably even better. If Ole really goes for him we will probably get him. He will get all the time and games here to succeed.

GledTheRed

But his dad wants to do what is best for his son. To him, it is irrelevant that he knows OGS if he dont trust that Man Utd represent the best option for his son development. And they decided to visit Dortmund and Leipzig despite knowing OGS is interested.

In my opinion, you meet someone face to face when they need convincing. Not to seal anything. Why would OGS have to meet him to «seal» anything? I dont see it working that way.

But I hope you are right. Oles smile at the press conference when touching upon the topic made me positive. But he is so difficult to read sometimes..
He would go to meet him as it's the right thing to do for a potential new signing, if he had told us to do one we would not have trekked over.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
ornstein is one of the most credible UK journos and he’s said we’ve been given encouragement from him?
Is he a good source for Man Utd news? For Haaland/Salzburg?

And his wording was very weak;

«It is believed United have been given encouragement from the 19-year-old»

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Is he a good source for Man Utd news? For Haaland/Salzburg?

And his wording was very weak;

«It is believed United have been given encouragement from the 19-year-old»
Only to let us down at the lady like Robben eh?

soapythecat

I’m not feeling this one. It seems all to obvious that Ole has clinched the deal, I’m waiting for reality to bite..
The lad looks a real talent and perhaps our only punt this transfer window, so I’ll be gutted if we don’t get him - we need to competition and Martial needs a boot up the ass.
I stand by that we need CM/AM reinforcements first and foremost though.

peridigm

Back to Ole's post match comments. It's easy to fit the narrative one way or the other. His comments and expressions were kind of passive on one hand but very telling on the other. It would be easy for him to dismiss if we didn't have a great chance of singing the kid. Who knows, he may still be trying to convince Woodward.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Takumi Minamino to Liverpool for £7.5m when the window opens is all agreed.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
With Ole at the wheel we will have as good of a chance as any top team, or probably even better. If Ole really goes for him we will probably get him. He will get all the time and games here to succeed.
How secure is his job though? Do you sign a long term contract because of a coach who could easily be gone in 6 months? And the Solskjaer factor is entirely subjective. It could be a big asset in this matter that Haaland already has a good relationship with his potential future coach, but there are also people who would say that Ole already taught him all he has to give when they were both at Molde and thus it would be better for his development if he joined a new coach for a new perspective.

RedDevil-85

By Oles comments Haaland has decided which club he wants to join,hard to tell if it is us or not.Although if its not us then Ole could have said that yesterday and ended the story there.

Anyway,hope he comes here and i hope we get an answer soon!

arthurka

How secure is his job though? Do you sign a long term contract because of a coach who could easily be gone in 6 months? And the Solskjaer factor is entirely subjective. It could be a big asset in this matter that Haaland already has a good relationship with his potential future coach, but there are also people who would say that Ole already taught him all he has to give when they were both at Molde and thus it would be better for his development if he joined a new coach for a new perspective.
Ole isnt going anywhere soon you can bet on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.