Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

No surprise about us not beng interested in Minamino. Only the smug LFC mouthpieces like Reddy and Maddock were claiming this.

*Riley*

100% not coming for my money.

Ole sounded like he knew where he would be off too.

Oles answer sounded to me like he tried but the player had made his mind up to move elsewhere.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
No surprise about us not beng interested in Minamino. Only the smug LFC mouthpieces like Reddy and Maddock were claiming this.
If we were interested there would be a thread about 1,000 pages long by now

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Reddy in particular is the definition of a propaganda machine. Yesterday she was claiming how she has talked to Salzburg directors and how they're desperate for Haaland to go to Leipzig/Dortmund because a move to United would halt his development. Irrational cretins like her are best avoided.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I haven't muppeted for a good while but signing strikers gets me going especially an exciting young prodigy. This is happening and I cannot fecking wait.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Club after January odds
United 3/1
BVB 4/1
Juve 10/1
RBL 12/1

What happened with Leipzig? They were right up there a couple of days ago.

Tarrou

Club after January odds
United 3/1
BVB 4/1
Juve 10/1
RBL 12/1

What happened with Leipzig? They were right up there a couple of days ago.
Probably as he met with Dortmund and United since then. 3/1 seems like decent odds actually.

RoyH1

I haven't muppeted for a good while but signing strikers gets me going especially an exciting young prodigy. This is happening and I cannot fecking wait.
The muppetry is still low level. I don't anyone has posted links to Flightradar24 yet.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Doesn't look it, but yeah Greenwood is certainly both footed and likely going to lose the ball less. But Haaland has a physicality and dribbling style that would likely power through a defence more, whereas Greenwood tends to glide his way out of trouble. They're both a bit different but which is a good thing.

I'm at least happy we are linked to a 6ft 4 striker. We might actually do well from corners for once!
Is he good in the air though?

Tarrou

He met with Leipzig representatives the same day he came to Dortmund.
Sure but the market is volume driven so the United and Dortmund fans betting will be the reason for the changes. It doesn’t take many bets to change these markets.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
@roonster09 this is the content I need fellow Muppeteer :devil:
This transfer is moving too slowly, no regular updates at all. Shame on our fellow Norwegian posters, who are not posting anything from their local papers.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Sure but the market is volume driven so the United and Dortmund fans betting will be the reason for the changes. It doesn’t take many bets to change these markets.
Sure, it isn't difficult to find reasons why the odds for Leipzig are low. You mentioning Haaland meeting with Dortmund and United while omitting that he also met with Leipzig is not one of them though in my opinion.

Tarrou

Sure, it isn't difficult to find reasons why the odds for Leipzig are low. You mentioning Haaland meeting with Dortmund and United while omitting that he also met with Leipzig is not one of them though in my opinion.
Sorry I don’t understand what you mean. Why do you think their odds aren’t as low as Uniteds then?

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Sorry I don’t understand what you mean. Why do you think their odds aren’t as low as Uniteds then?
Well as you mentioned, there are probably more United and Dortmund supporters betting influencing the odds. Additionally Leipzig really have no need for the player since they have four strikers already (Werner, Poulsen, Schick, da Cunha) while both Dortmund and United could do well with a man like Haaland.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ornstein>>>Bild
Ornstein did say that the presence of Raoila adds influence and he prefers Haaland to move to another club before somewhere like United. In the same article linking Haaland to us, Ornstein caveats this and adds that he's had talks with Dortmund.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Ornstein did say that the presence of Raoila adds influence and he prefers Haaland to move to another club before somewhere like United. In the same article linking Haaland to us, Ornstein caveats this and adds that he's had talks with Dortmund.
Yeah I think he visited Dortmund and Leipzig before we met him Friday

ArjenIsM3

Well as you mentioned, there are probably more United and Dortmund supporters betting influencing the odds. Additionally Leipzig really have no need for the player since they have four strikers already (Werner, Poulsen, Schick, da Cunha) while both Dortmund and United could do well with a man like Haaland.
Isn't Werner likely to leave though?

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I can’t see a scenario when Haaland Sr. tells Ole that they are not interested without somebody getting disappointed and has to save face. They have had a long term relationships and friends don’t do things like that to each other without making sure that the other part doesn’t get disappointed or hurt.

I doesn’t mean that he will go to United but I can’t see Ole after losing points against Everton sitting in a post game presser with a straight face telling the media that he knows the outcome without showing some sorts of emotions if the outcome is negative. My experience in general is that Norwegians take care of each other’s.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I can’t see a scenario when Haaland Sr. tells Ole that they are not interested without somebody getting disappointed and has to save face. They have had a long term relationships and friends don’t do things like that to each other without making sure that the other part doesn’t get disappointed or hurt.

I doesn’t mean that he will go to United but I can’t see Ole after losing points against Everton sitting in a post game presser with a straight face telling the media that he knows the outcome without showing some sorts of emotions if the outcome is negative. My experience in general is that Norwegians take care of each other’s.
Going by the posts on this thread, Haaland Sr and Ole are very good friends and Haaland's agent is also very good with Ole. Haaland Jr also has very good relationship with Ole.

We have good supporting points to go with "We will sign him" but there are points against us too when there are teams like Dortmund involved who have good track record with developing players and also player can play for 2-3 seasons before making bigger step.

Wilt

Sign him up Ole and you’ll be doing yourself and Utd a power of good !

dev1l

Maybe Ornstein is saying what United told him and Bild are basing their story on what s Borussia told them :)
A possible scenario is that the player wants to join us but his advisers are telling him to go elsewhere

enurs

Not sure if its been mention but Haaland is as fast as Daniel James. His been clocked to 36 km/h and as an example Gareth Bale and Kylian Mbappé has been clocked to 37 km/h.

Status
Not open for further replies.