Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Why are people suggesting Liverpool? Doesn't seem like they have money.

Wilt

He‘s a game changer.

I genuinely would swop both Rashford and Martial for him.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
He‘s a game changer.

I genuinely would swop both Rashford and Martial for him.
Come on now. United through and through and on the verge of moving into elite tier.

Pure hyperbole

Wilt

Come on now. United through and through and on the verge of moving into elite tier.

Pure hyperbole
Not hyperbole.

Rashford is good, but Haaland is in a different league. I’m positive he’ll return double the goals if not more.

When Haaland becomes available every top club will want him.

Murray3007

a think every club will be after him, especially will the low RC i have read the agent is wanting 20m and the players is looking for 20m and will be looking at massive wages on 400k plus a week, which will surely rule a lot of teams out, not sure how accurate it was but seen it on twitter a week or so ago,

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Why are people saying Barca are broke ? They will let Messi go which will save them huge in wages. Already sold Suarez and Dembele/Greizmaan could also go.

Real will get Mbappe this year and will be ready in 2022.

City as a replacement for Aguero.

Thats all I am seeing.

Theo88

Retrospectively what raiola did was amazing for his player. He chose to bet on him. He moved him to dortmund where he gets to shine he got a fairly good salary (perhaps less than what he would get 2 years ago if he moved to utd) and now anywhere he goes he will sign a superstar contract. Is that assessment wrong? We can say whatever we want about the guy but he genuinely puts his clients future first.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Why are people saying Barca are broke ? They will let Messi go which will save them huge in wages. Already sold Suarez and Dembele/Greizmaan could also go.

Real will get Mbappe this year and will be ready in 2022.

City as a replacement for Aguero.

Thats all I am seeing.
Was reading they are in debt to tune of 800 mill. Player wages that was postponed due to pandemic are pending. There is additional costs from stadium development to be accounted for going forward. Only saving grace is perhaps their income would stabilize once fans get back next season.

The Irish Connection

If I'm honest, and while I do think if City want him he'll go there, I don't see him as a Pep player. His game strikes me of being the antithesis of Pep's way of playing the game.

Maybe they are looking to mould him into that as he is still young but I'd be careful of going there if I were him as so much of what makes him a great talent would have to be compromised if he had to play as the Pep type 9.
You’re right. I’m hoping city go for aging Messi and fill their team with tippy tappy lads as per peps vision.

CityBlue123

Supports
Man City
If I'm honest, and while I do think if City want him he'll go there, I don't see him as a Pep player. His game strikes me of being the antithesis of Pep's way of playing the game.

Maybe they are looking to mould him into that as he is still young but I'd be careful of going there if I were him as so much of what makes him a great talent would have to be compromised if he had to play as the Pep type 9.
This whole 'Pep player' thing is a myth imo. Alot of City fans, prior to his arrival, genuinely questioned the futures of Sterling, Aguero and KDB under Pep and whether they could fit in to his style of play. In reality, all three have flourished despite not being prototype Pep players. Pep has certain fundamentals, such as ability to press from the front and bring others into the game, which Haaland has. The fact some of the best City sources have stated Pep is a big fan definitely dispels that imo.

city-puma

We have one of the worst relationship with Raiola though...
I remember someone here said Raiola is only his advisor/helper during the transfer to Dortmund and his agent is still his father. Can somebody confirm that?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Pure hyperbole
Not sure that will ever happen. But Rashford is a very good player and plays in a completely different position to Halaand anyway.

city-puma

Not many,
Most of his goals are scored with his left foot
Just think of a style similar to Lukaku and you have Haaland.
I saw some highlights of Dortmund games. My impression is that he likes to run in behind. If he played against Burley with us, will it work at all? I am not sure.

mav_9me

I saw some highlights of Dortmund games. My impression is that he likes to run in behind. If he played against Burley with us, will it work at all? I am not sure.
He runs in behind but that's at all times looking for space behind even that little run in the box. Not just Rashford type runs into space. One of the fundamental things with him is he is so hungry for goals and will be there breaking his nose to get on the end of a cross, at the same type he can score a cracker from any angle. Just the complete striker.

CityBlue123

Supports
Man City
Besides his dad playing for them he has no ties to City. He looks at Ole as a mentor, and Haaland, his father and his othet agent has a very close relationship with Ole
I think you're underestimating the ties Haaland and his family have to City. Yes his father played for us but it goes further than that. Multiple pictures have emerged of Haaland wearing City kits, he and his father have gone to games years after leaving the club and his Twitter likes had about several dozen pro-City tweets such as 'Manchester is Blue', 'Agueroooooo' and 'Come on City' all the way up to 2018. Yes that probably doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, and he'll decide on sporting merit, but it's certainly clear that he's had an affinity with City for years.

city-puma

He runs in behind but that's at all times looking for space behind even that little run in the box. Not just Rashford type runs into space. One of the fundamental things with him is he is so hungry for goals and will be there breaking his nose to get on the end of a cross, at the same type he can score a cracker from any angle. Just the complete striker.
he definitely has explosive acceleration and a powerful shot, but if he plays in EPL I am not sure at the moment he can be as superb as he has been in Bundesliga.
He has already been a really really good player and no doubt we should try to land him here if Raiola is not his agent.

Bondi77

Spot on
I have huge doubts on him succeeding in England when coming up against a defensive minded team

city-puma

Spot on
I have huge doubts on him succeeding in England when coming up against a defensive minded team
True. That’s why I asked if he scores good amount of headers. I don’t remember I have seen a header from at least 10 plus highlights I had watched. But, he is so impressive when starting a run, truly explosive and shooting, really powerful.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
True. That’s why I asked if he scores good amount of headers. I don’t remember I have seen a header from at least 10 plus highlights I had watched. But, he is so impressive when starting a run, truly explosive and shooting, really powerful.
Of all the skills involved in playing upfront it's gotta be the easiest to learn though. It's not like Rooney or Ronaldo were any good in the air when we signed them but they learnt and scored plenty.

Bondi77

Same as Lukaku

RobertoBaggio99

We used to say "But can he do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke?" but this issue is now concerning the likes of Luton Town.

But on a serious note we're talking about a guy who, as a teenager, went from averaging a goal per game in the Austrian league to doing the exact same in Bundesliga and CL like it was nothing. I'm confident that he would adapt to Burnley's deep block as well. My biggest concern is the lack of heading in his game but that will improve with time. other than that he's pretty much the complete striker.

We agree then :D
we don’t.

I wouldn’t be swapping Rashford for anyone. That’s not to say there aren’t better players or more promising youngsters.

If you start getting rid of fantastic home grown players who have been at the club since they were 10 years old, who are United through and through, who are one of the first names on the team sheet for anyone. Then you lose your soul as a football club.

Buy Haaland, yes, sell/swap Rashford - you are off your rocker.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
You think the keeper would have a chance if it were him instead of Martial on that one-on-one. He's bigger and stronger than most defenders.

Mercurial Beckham

Not sure that will ever happen. But Rashford is a very good player and plays in a completely different position to Halaand anyway.
Is there a reason why you feel this may not happen? Genuinely curious. He’s just turned 23 in October and to this point has continued to improve. Assuming he continues this progression(big assumption to make, but not SO big since he’s only 23) I don’t see why he won’t make that leap within the next 2-3 years. He has his moments where his decision making could be better, but even that has improved and will continue to improve with time & experience. The progress he has made working with Bruno alone is pretty significant. It’s not something you’ll see on the stat sheet, but it jumps out at you when watching him. His play-making is starting to mature more, becoming more nuanced. The vision to pick out that pass to Pogba in the Burnley game. He doesn’t look to be forcing things as much. Sorry, not trying to get off topic, just curious since this seems to be the consensus when it comes to Rashford. Really good, but not likely to reach elite. I say, why not?

Reactions: Sultan

RobertoBaggio99

just curious since this seems to be the consensus when it comes to Rashford. Really good, but not likely to reach elite. I say, why not?
Agreed. He's among the best wingers in the league at 23 yo, when Salah was 23 he got loaned out from Chelsea. I expect him to be world class within a few years.

Le Red

This whole 'Pep player' thing is a myth imo. Alot of City fans, prior to his arrival, genuinely questioned the futures of Sterling, Aguero and KDB under Pep and whether they could fit in to his style of play. In reality, all three have flourished despite not being prototype Pep players. Pep has certain fundamentals, such as ability to press from the front and bring others into the game, which Haaland has. The fact some of the best City sources have stated Pep is a big fan definitely dispels that imo.
Pep usually avoids the tall center forward, that much is known.
Under his command, Ibrahimovic was unremarkable. Lewandowski was good, but we've only seen the best of him when Pep left.
At City, they always had a tall striker to partner Aguero (Dzeko, Balotelli, Negredo). Pep completely binned that option and put all his chips on another small, nimble striker in Gabriel Jesus.
Based on this observation, if Haaland were to join City, it would be a desire of the board, not the manager. I don't think Pep would accept that nowadays, and I don't think Haaland would want to play for a manager who frowns on the type of player he is.
That might end up being our luck.

Judas

Open to offers
People wondering how he'd do against teams like Burnley, just put him in the box for the 5 or so chances we spaffed the other day and we'd have won comfortably. It's not like they're an impossible team to create chances against. Plus his movement moves around the defence, which makes further space for others.

Is there a reason why you feel this may not happen? Genuinely curious. He’s just turned 23 in October and to this point has continued to improve. Assuming he continues this progression(big assumption to make, but not SO big since he’s only 23) I don’t see why he won’t make that leap within the next 2-3 years. He has his moments where his decision making could be better, but even that has improved and will continue to improve with time & experience. The progress he has made working with Bruno alone is pretty significant. It’s not something you’ll see on the stat sheet, but it jumps out at you when watching him. His play-making is starting to mature more, becoming more nuanced. The vision to pick out that pass to Pogba in the Burnley game. He doesn’t look to be forcing things as much. Sorry, not trying to get off topic, just curious since this seems to be the consensus when it comes to Rashford. Really good, but not likely to reach elite. I say, why not?
it’s because fans are impatient, many of whom think of you aren’t world class at 21 then you will never be.

not saying Rashford will be, but he has more than enough time to become one of the best players in the world, and had the potential to be so - but needs luck, no injuries and some improvements.

Ronaldo and Messi have skewed how footballers are judged.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't think he's technically that good (while still being good). But it depends on what one means by elite. For me, that's your handful of best players on the planet. But you never know sometimes with players

GoldTrafford99

Not hyperbole.

Rashford is good, but Haaland is in a different league. I’m positive he’ll return double the goals if not more.

When Haaland becomes available every top club will want him.

Why on earth would you want to bring in Haaland at the expense of Rashford?

What planet are you on?

Haaland will move at least three more times in his career. A plan is already in place for that.

If he signed for United next summer - he'll be gone three years from now - probably to Spain.

Marcus Rashford is a Manchester lad... A Manchester United fan. A guy who would never leave our club.

If Haaland signs for us next summer - he'll probably score 60-80 goals for us over 3/4 seasons, then he's off to Madrid.

Marcus Rashford will likely score four or five times that amount during his entire career with United and will likely end up as our greatest ever goalscorer.

Your opinion here is about as awful as it gets. Who would think this way? I swear some fans don't see past the next match. They're incapable of looking at the long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.