Estêvão aka "Messinho" | 17 year old Palmeiras winger

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Paez, Palmer, Estevao, Nkunku front 4??
3 of them are left footed right wingers :lol:

But nah, Palmer and from what I’ve seen of Paez can both float around and play different positions. Estevao looks like a pure RW.

mu4c_20le

Can't see him making it with that name/nickname. Sorry, someone had to say it.

Alpha 1

I don't care how talented he is. He has to be putting up Neymar numbers in that league to be worth 65mil guaranteed.
Of all the wonder kids from Brazil in the last 20 years, only Neymar was truly special. Stupidity and bad luck with injuries prevented him from becoming the world beater that he should have become based on talent alone.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
Not too worried about Chelsea signing him.

Brazilians in England are hit or miss and Chelsea's transfer strategy is like a broken clock being right twice a day. For every 12 players you get a Cole Palmer by playing the numbers game.

Dr. StrangeHate

Not too worried about Chelsea signing him.

Brazilians in England are hit or miss and Chelsea's transfer strategy is like a broken clock being right twice a day. For every 12 players you get a Cole Palmer by playing the numbers game.
I think Fernandez is a good player too. So they have been right at least twice. While I think we have only got Bruno right.

Pickle85

I think Fernandez is a good player too. So they have been right at least twice. While I think we have only got Bruno right.
The poster did use the broken clock analogy, so pretty sure that holds...

Also, why bring us into it? Just because they've spent dreadfully.

marktan

Going to watch him on youtube and see if he's any good or not. But seen comments on reddit that he's rated higher than Endrick in Brazil. If so it's the sort of signing we should be looking at, emulating what Real have done with Vinicius.

Ekeke

Of all the wonder kids from Brazil in the last 20 years, only Neymar was truly special. Stupidity and bad luck with injuries prevented him from becoming the world beater that he should have become based on talent alone.
Whats your definition of special? Real Madrid are doing very well with their kids from Brazil

Dr. StrangeHate

The poster did use the broken clock analogy, so pretty sure that holds...

Also, why bring us into it? Just because they've spent dreadfully.
As the horsechoker wasn't worried about Chelsea (our rival) signing him. But I understand there are other threads to b**** about United.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Stupid Flo and his stupid obsession
It must be exhausting and upsetting being a Madridista, surely? "Oh no, we're not getting this one random player and instead we need to settle for *checks notes* Mbappe."

And then Laporta will lift his stomach flaps, yank on his final lever, and sign Ben Osborn.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It must be exhausting and upsetting being a Madridista, surely? "Oh no, we're not getting this one random player and instead we need to settle for *checks notes* Mbappe."

And then Laporta will lift his stomach flaps, yank on his final lever, and sign Ben Osborn.
Yes. Truly a curse. Winning all these Champions Leagues like they're candies. Now I don't even find it special anymore! It's like, it's Tuesday

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Going to watch him on youtube and see if he's any good or not. But seen comments on reddit that he's rated higher than Endrick in Brazil. If so it's the sort of signing we should be looking at, emulating what Real have done with Vinicius.
Signing the next Vini is the hope with this kind of move but even in that case it was about four-and-a-half to five years from when Real first signed him in May 2017 to when he figured it out and really became a decisive player during the 21-22 season. They had a lot of patience with him along the way too. Rodrygo is more of a middle-ground case in terms of success but the timeline was basically the same - signed summer 2018, doesn't really have a successful professional season until 2022-23. Then you have your Reinier, Gabigol, and perhaps (too early to tell but its not looking great so far) Vitor Roque type of moves that end up not really panning out at all.

In sum, these young Brazilian talents are really big dice rolls but even when you roll good its probably only really paying off 4-5 years in the future. And for whatever reason the top end Brazilian 16-17 year old commands a price that is far beyond the top end talents of any other country. Brazil is obviously a great footballing nation producing really good players but I think there's a lot of mystique built into this as well. Certainly if you offered me the chance to spend 50m on a Brazilian wonderkid who has barely played senior football versus spending the same money on 3-4 of the very best English or French 17 year old academy talents I would take the latter strategy.

Last edited:

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
This is an exaggeration. There was only a comment from Abel Ferreira(Palmeiras coach) saying that he had never seen anything like Estevão. It had some impact on the media, but Endrick still the most hyped player by far and even in U-20 football Estevão didn't receive the same level of attention(not even close).

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Like a clairvoyant when it comes to Chelsea’s transfer business.
Again feel free to respond with odds? Because you were definitely talking about a concrete bet you were going to make.

It is not though.
Uh yes it is? He was given the nickname when he was 10 years old. It's purely a media creation because he has done no marketing for it and has in fact been trying to shed it as a moniker

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
No idea how Chelsea are affording this. Also there’s no way he’s not flopping with a nickname like that.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Honestly, I don’t really see it when I watch his YouTube highlights. He’s clearly very talented but he doesn’t explode off the screen as some generational player.

His Palmeiras teammate Endrick is the one who looks truly special and they’re the same age.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Honestly, I don’t really see it when I watch his YouTube highlights. He’s clearly very talented but he doesn’t explode off the screen as some generational player.

His Palmeiras teammate Endrick is the one who looks truly special and they’re the same age.
I think he has a very limited number of televised games in his career so far, compared to say Endrick. I had the same problem when we were signing Kendry Paez. All of his highlights seemed to have been compiled from the same handful of games and it included a lot of meh stuff, but the more games he played the more impressive his comps became. Not that it's the be all end all of whether a player is good.

Rojofiam

3 of them are left footed right wingers :lol:

But nah, Palmer and from what I’ve seen of Paez can both float around and play different positions. Estevao looks like a pure RW.
Palmer should become a right-sided #8 in the future. I'd say he's more suited to that position than RW anyways, especially his passing abilities.

In Rainbows

His balance looks great. It's rare to see that kind of balance when dribbling.

JogaBonitoRooney

Yep Madrid fans are the biggest weirdos you'll find.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
For his sake I hope him and his agent can somehow stop the media from calling him Messinho. It doesnt do him any justice. Its one of them names synonymous to scams. Just like Soby Playstation, Nebus Smartphone, and Aisurix GPU you find on Alibaba.

Alpha 1

Whats your definition of special? Real Madrid are doing very well with their kids from Brazil
By special I mean a very high level of talent in the category of Neymar, Ronaldinho, R9. Interms of talent alone, Neymar is very special and imo only Messi is above him amongst currently active players.

Vinicius is very good and potentially a ballon d'or winner but not in that category of talent. And he improved his game to get to his current level. Rodrigo is good but not even as talented as Vinicius.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
No idea how Chelsea are affording this. Also there’s no way he’s not flopping with a nickname like that.
Afford what? The initial fee is £29M and I doubt his starting salary is anything too obscene either. To start out with he doesn't seem any more expensive than say a Gusto or a Madueke, though obviously if he's as good as they say then he'll get more expensive later on once the add-ons start getting triggered and the player's salary grows bigger.

But the thing is, even that initial cost will only be due when the lad actually joins in 2025 and the projected higher costs even later down the line and that's only if he's a success. Next year we'll have the Club World Cup money to help with the budgeting and I suppose there's a not too miniscule of a chance we could even qualify for the 25/26 UCL if going into next season we manage to keep up or even improve our form from this season's latter half.

On the financial side I can definitely see why this could be a gamble worth making but I'm just baffled what we're going to do with all these left-footed right wingers. :lol:

I thought these ridiculous contract lengths were banned?
Just the accounting side, not the actual contracts. The deal can be however long one wants to make it, it's just that the transfer fee can only be amortised over a maximum of five years.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Afford what? The initial fee is £29M and I doubt his starting salary is anything too obscene either. To start out with he doesn't seem any more expensive than say a Gusto or a Madueke, though obviously if he's as good as they say then he'll get more expensive later on once the add-ons start getting triggered and the player's salary grows bigger.

But the thing is, even that initial cost will only be due when the lad actually joins in 2025 and the projected higher costs even later down the line and that's only if he's a success. Next year we'll have the Club World Cup money to help with the budgeting and I suppose there's a not too miniscule of a chance we could even qualify for the 25/26 UCL if going into next season we manage to keep up or even improve our form from this season's latter half.

On the financial side I can definitely see why this could be a gamble worth making but I'm just baffled what we're going to do with all these left-footed right wingers. :lol:

Just the accounting side, not the actual contracts. The deal can be however long one wants to make it, it's just that the transfer fee can only be amortised over a maximum of five years.
Afford anything when they’ve just spent $1bn and are trying to sell buildings to themselves to make their finances look legit.

arthurka

How many times will he be loaned out before they finally sell him at the age of 23? Got to love Chelsea and their youth program.

FortunaUtd

Uh yes it is? He was given the nickname when he was 10 years old. It's purely a media creation because he has done no marketing for it and has in fact been trying to shed it as a moniker
Unless we are talking about a school newspaper I do not see the media handing out nicknames to 10 year olds. So no, not purely a media creation. In fact, not a media creation at all.