Europa League 2019/20

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't really want to see Maguire start in the early Europa games. Just wrap him in bubble wrap for a while :nervous:

That travel to Kazakhstan doesn't look fun.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Odds with Bet365:

Manchester United 6.50
Arsenal 8.50
Sevilla 15.00
Wolverhampton Wanderers 17.00
AS Roma 21.00
Vfl Wolfsburg 34.00
SS Lazio 41.00
Celtic 101.00
Rangers 151.00
AZ Alkmaar 151.00
Partizan Belgrade 201.00
FC Astana 751.00

izec

They do have a quality attack in Alkmaar. Stengs and Boadu are expected to make their first appearance for the Netherlands somewhere this season, both very young, but promising. The rest of the team isn't very familiar to me..
Yeah they might have some decent talents, but nothing to be scared of or someone that would make our squad currently. We should be beating them comfortably, they finished between Vitesse and Feyenoord last season, and they are quite a way off Ajax or PSV. Depends on our team and motivation of course, but i think we should show up because they probably will.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Our EL group (which isn't too bad) looks stronger than City's CL group. Hahahaha

Now we know where their money is going. Easier cup runs over last few years. FA cup route last year was a disgrace. That's never been an CL quality group in memory of man.

Raw

Our EL group (which isn't too bad) looks stronger than City's CL group. Hahahaha

Now we know where their money is going. Easier cup runs over last few years. FA cup route last year was a disgrace. That's never been an CL quality group in memory of man.
It really doesn't :lol:

Eriku

Aaaah, finally we have names tied to the prospect of glamorous, star-studded fixtures in Europe ^_^

Nick7

Why would they? Is the team financed by the state?
I assumed they were named after the city, which changed it's name to Nur Sultan earlier this year.

Oh and yeah they're funded by a state run wealth fund. Hence why they've been so successful in their short history.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Group L: Manchester United, FC Astana, Partizan Belgrade, AJ Alkmaar.

All winnable games. Can't say I'm thrilled about a trip to Astana

R'hllor

Actually @Ban, there might be empty stadium vs United, they have one match left on punishment, so depends on schedule

Devil may care

I was hoping we'd get Rennes and one of the Scottish clubs at least, the teams we've drawn are all boring and even worse the travelling for the team is a nightmare.

El Zoido

Probably one of the worst draws we could have had. Horrible travelling.

R'hllor

If we bring PL team for away games, regardless of them playing or not, we are morons.

Devil81

Send the kids to Astana and win the remainder of the games with the first team.

We will get through that group anyway.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A trip to Kazakhstan will certainly be character building for the young lads :lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

What? The best team in our group is much worse than the worst in theirs.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What? The best team in our group is much worse than the worst in theirs.
Dinamo Zagreb and Atalanta would probably struggle in our group. Since when are they CL teams? They are EL quality at best.

Shahktar fair enough. I might have gone a bit overboard with the comparison but that's a piss easy CL group they got.

Dodgy twats.

stu_1992

Not exactly glamorous is it? I guess that's life in the Europa League though. Hopefully we'll get a chance to give some youngsters a chance and we really should looking at those games. Could have done without the team having such long trips though.

U4E

I don't think we should underestimate Astana away. European games at home in their short history:

35 games
20 wins
9 draws
6 losses

Losses against Bulgarian side Botev, 2 times against Villarreal, Sporting, Zagreb and Kiev.
Took points against teams like Benfica, Atlético, Galatasaray, APOEL, Young Boys and Celtic.

Nick7

Dinamo Zagreb and Atalanta would probably struggle in our group. Since when are they CL teams? They are EL quality at best.

Shahktar fair enough. I might have gone a bit overboard with the comparison but that's a piss easy CL group they got.

Dodgy twats.
Since they qualified for the CL.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Was hoping we'd get Rangers.

We should be sailing through that group. But I also thought that when LVG got us back in to the CL and we choked against Wolfsburg, so who knows.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Dodgy twats.
They are far, far better than Astana, Partizan and Alkmaar, that's for sure.

I take it you haven't really watched Atalanta too. They'd spank us.

JohnnyKills

When are the fixtures announced?

Hopefully they give us the trip to Astana last so we can qualify and send a team of academy players.