Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Hmmm not getting too ahead of myself but this is shaping up for a United vs Arsenal final

Gerald G

Not going to lie, I'm a bit sick of playing Spanish teams this season. Give us a side from another country!

Kaos

On the plus side there do seem to be some potentially tricky teams that will definitely go out this round. Assuming we get through, we'll be avoiding either Roma/Sociedad, Arsenal/Sporting, Sevilla/Fenerbahce.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
are there any french sides left in the competition. Want them in future games to ensure Dick F@cking Turpin can't ref us again

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
On the plus side there do seem to be some potentially tricky teams that will definitely go out this round. Assuming we get through, we'll be avoiding either Roma/Sociedad, Arsenal/Sporting, Sevilla/Fenerbahce.
my bet, the way things are going, is if we get through, it'll be Juve

nemanjaa

Seems like they beat Sociedad back in october/november, but should be doable if the players continue to step up!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Then you can't get our end and there will be no spares due to the passport pick up rule. You'll have to look into home end.
Fair enough, cheers! Would I have to watch without loudly supporting Utd you reckon?

pacifictheme

Definitely need to play the kids in the fa Cup with another tough europa league tie in the near future.

PoTMS

Of course we get Betis. It is probably the hardest team we could've faced.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Every half decent team we've played this season is better than Betis, fecking infuriating to be drawn at home first leg though. We're essentially unbeaten against Spanish sides this season because that Sociedad penalty at OT was a crime against humanity so I don't include it. What we do need is for ten Hag to put pressure on the referees before the game, can't be doing with another 180 minutes of Spanish cheating.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Anyne notice the games we've got around the two ties: LIverpool before game one, then Southampton which should be OK, but Brighton away right after. Compare that with Arsenal who play Bournemouth (a), Fulham (a) and Palace (h)

stu_1992

Ugh so annoying to get yet another Spanish team. A decent side too so there will be room to rest players. My worry is our team will take them lightly as its not the glamour tie that Barca was, but Betis aren't shite enough for us to just coast by.

suheilsworld

Don’t understand the Negativity! Teams should be actually afraid of us and not the other way around. We shouldn’t have a problem getting past them

PoTMS

Anyne notice the games we've got around the two ties: LIverpool before game one, then Southampton which should be OK, but Brighton away right after. Compare that with Arsenal who play Bournemouth (a), Fulham (a) and Palace (h)
If we beat West Ham, the Brighton game will be postponed and there'll be a cup game instead.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Worst draw possible for Manchester United imho, Betis are a very decent side. I watched them against Roma early this season and they were the better team overall over the two matches.

Sylar

We can take on anybody. I think first leg at home might be a good thing for us. Put a strong team and try take a good lead into the second leg.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I know it would have been tough, but I quite wanted Union Berlin. they are being talked about a lot in Germany this year but I don't think I've ever seen them play and know exactly zero about them!

teague

How's Joaquin getting on?
I thought you were joking until I looked at their squad. I can't believe he's still going. 41 years old and he's made 15 appearances this season. 950 career matches!

I'm guessing he's not as quick as when he used to tear down the wing for Valencia 15 years ago.

AltiUn

Fixture list has been incredibly kind to Arsenal all season.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If we beat West Ham, the Brighton game will be postponed and there'll be a cup game instead.
might make it easer... might be horrendous. Fleetwood would. be nice, more likely to be at the blood Etihad

AltiUn

Worst draw possible for Manchester United imho, Betis are a very decent side. I watched them against Roma early this season and they were the better team overall over the two matches.
Worst possible draw was Barcelona in the last round, Betis will be a breeze comparatively. If we're going to win this trophy then looks like we're going to have to do it the hard way. Problem with Spanish teams is what they lack in talent they make up for with referee assistance so we'll need to be wary of that.

Bwuk

We just put out Barcelona ffs. We should feel confident with this draw.