Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We just put out Barcelona ffs. We should feel confident with this draw.
Nobody is saying we aren't, but a softer draw would always be appreciated.

We don't need the hardest run possible to a final if we can help it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just looking at their results this season and they seem to have got a red card every other week

massi83

Worst draw possible for Manchester United imho, Betis are a very decent side. I watched them against Roma early this season and they were the better team overall over the two matches.
Nah. Sociedad would have been much worse and more boring. And being better than Roma isn't a big deal at all, hardly any sort of a measuring stick. And Betis has really old team, they will not be able to keep up with United's tempo.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We have literally just shone massively against the Spanish team currently sitting clear at the top of La Liga, across 2 legs.

Not sure I agree that this is an insanely tough tie or that Arsenal have a ridiculously easy one. We're now favourites for this tournament are we not?
never believe that "favourites" nonsense. England are always favourites to win tournament with UK bookies because Brits back them more than any other teams. I think Arsenal have got a pretty easy tie, as I've said. And our record against Spanish teams in general is not great, despite yesterday

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Nah. Sociedad would have been much worse and more boring. And being better than Roma isn't a big deal at all, hardly any sort of a measuring stick. And Betis has really old team, they will not be able to keep up with United's tempo.
Didn't want to say it for fear of offending but pretty much this. If we up the tempo there's very few teams that can deal with us.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Fair enough, cheers! Would I have to watch without loudly supporting Utd you reckon?
Impossible to call - depends on where you end up in the stadium, match situation etc. One to judge yourself on context.

Kaos

Nobody is saying we aren't, but a softer draw would always be appreciated.

We don't need the hardest run possible to a final if we can help it.
It's not the easiest but certainly not the hardest either. Sociedad and I'd argue Feyenoord would be more difficult ties. Think we're just bored of playing Spanish shithouses.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Do we think this will be one of those 17:45pm kick offs?
Away leg will be for sure (if you're attending it will 18:45). Us and Arse won't play at the same time and and our home games are in different weeks. With the 1h time difference it always makes more sense to have the UK fixtures in the late slot.

Pintu

Worst draw possible for Manchester United imho, Betis are a very decent side. I watched them against Roma early this season and they were the better team overall over the two matches.
I don't know how you define the better team, but they won their group thanks to this game... 61% possession but not 1 big chance and 0 corners... And with Roma having 3 times the expected goals...

Josh 76

Definitely need to play the kids in the fa Cup with another tough europa league tie in the near future.
Maybe not kids, but definitely a team which includes, Maguire, Linderloff, Malacia, Mctomminy, Martial and the ones who don’t start on Sunday.

redshaw

Oh well. Another tiring Spanish encounter with soft penalties to overcome.

Was hoping our players could catch a break.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Real Betis have lost to both Barca and Real Madrid in the league by narrow 2-1 score lines. They will be hard to breakdown as they aren’t playing under the weight of any expectation.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Nice. Keep these Sunday/Thursday games going for a bit longer but without being able to use the youth team. :angel:

Mike Smalling

Man, seems like we have to play these Spanish teams every season. Already sort of expecting a slip up for no particular reason.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
I don't know how you define the better team, but they won their group thanks to this game... 61% possession but not 1 big chance and 0 corners... And with Roma having 3 times the expected goals...

Well I watched that game and I remember in the first half Roma barely passed the halfway line 4-5 times. Betis tiqui taca was impressive and every time they lost the ball committed a foul to stop Roma counter-attacks: a brilliant way to play.
Then in the 2nd half the spanish team were a bit tired and Roma created a couple of chances more to score but in my eyes Betis were the better team even if stats suggest otherwise..

massi83

Well Roma was extremely lucky with dodgy VAR decisions against HJK and lost to Ludogorets.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Worst possible draw we could have got. Still fancy us to knock them out, but will be two close games I reckon.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Well I watched that game and I remember in the first half Roma barely passed the halfway line 4-5 times. Betis tiqui taca was impressive and every time they lost the ball committed a foul to stop Roma counter-attacks: a brilliant way to play.
Then in the 2nd half the spanish team were a bit tired and Roma created a couple of chances more to score but in my eyes Betis were the better team even if stats suggest otherwise..
Some call it brilliant, I'd call it shameless.

GreatDane

Betis should be afraid of us, but I would have liked for us to have met a team from different country than Spain for a change.

DiceRoller

If it was Sociedad it might have been interesting, but Betis is going to be a dull tie, United through quite easily.
not saying we aren’t favorites, but the instant dismissal of teams by our fans is like they’ve never watched football and just pure arrogance.

These won’t be a walkover and have the 2nd game at home.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
not saying we aren’t favorites, but the instant dismissal of teams by our fans is like they’ve never watched football and just pure arrogance.

These won’t be a walkover and have the 2nd game at home.
I'm not an United-fan, i just think Betis will be a dull, uninteresting tie.

In fact, none of these draws looks all that interesting, hope for better in the next round i guess.

klayton88

Why are some making out Betis are prime Brazil and we aren't the Manchester reds? Get a grip!