Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

ManRed

United fans doing a tour of spain this season. Sociedad-Barcelona-Betis where next? Would have preferred a non spanish side so we could play with Harry and Lindelof in the games.

MoskvaRed

Not the kindest draw (again). We should win but, unless we run riot at OT, there’s not much scope for resting key players. If we win on Sunday, Erik should seriously think about sending out a much weakened side against West Ham. Otherwise our main players will be on a three month treadmill of 3 games every 8-9 days.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
United vs Betis - 9 March 20:00
Betis vs United - 16 March 17:45

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Betis aren't an easy out and are a worse match up than barcelona stylistically since Pellegrini will have zero problems parking the bus at OT, and at home they will have a seriois home field advantage

And they have enough quality to be dangerous. United should win, but it probably won't be easy. Definitely could have had better luck with the draw

Lee565

Why don't they just have us join la liga already, I bet next season in ucl we will get real sociedad in group stages and either barca, real or atletico in knockouts

lysglimt

Scout
There were 7 teams we could draw - 2 were Spanish.

Sociedad the toughest draw together with Freiburg - who I feel is a stronger team than Betis based on what they have done in this seasons Bundesliga.

So IMO opinion - we got the third toughest draw out of 7

But I would rather we got Betis than a trip to Fenerbahce

RopersReturn

What is it with us always drawing LaLiga teams, should be a little easier but I still wouldn’t want to underestimate them!

RopersReturn

There were 7 teams we could draw - 2 were Spanish.

Sociedad the toughest draw together with Freiburg - who I feel is a stronger team than Betis based on what they have done in this seasons Bundesliga.

So IMO opinion - we got the third toughest draw out of 7

But I would rather we got Betis than a trip to Fenerbahce
Wished we’d drawn Feyenoord or better still, Roma.

Bertie Wooster

Wished we’d drawn Feyenoord or better still, Roma.
We obviously couldn't have drawn Roma in this round. But, yeah, had we won the group we'd have had them like Sociedad have. I'm glad we're not playing them, and I'm hoping we can avoid the likes of Roma, Juventus, Sevilla and Arsenal for as long as possible.

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

We have been fortunate in the FA CUP./Carabao Cup to be fair
I wouldn't really say we've been 'fortunate' in the FA Cup. Yes, we keep being drawn at home which is fortunate, but I'd say that's balanced out by two out of three draws being against PL sides and us not drawing a team below the championship.

I'd say 'fortunate' in the FA Cup is drawing lower league teams home or away, that allows for comfortable wins while resting players - not drawing the likes of Everton and West Ham at home. I'd put those draws into the Betis category - could be worse, but could be better and are tricky ties that don't allow for much rotation.

al tuna

Elche v Betis tonght in LaLiga.. so it could well be televised on one of the sports channels. Maybe worth watching just to see what we're up against first hand :devil:
Lovely, didn't realize. Have nothing better to do, will probably sit and watch. On ESPN+ in the States.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I wouldn't really say we've been 'fortunate' in the FA Cup. Yes, we keep being drawn at home which is fortunate, but I'd say that's balanced out by two out of three draws being against PL sides and us not drawing a team below the championship.

I'd say 'fortunate' in the FA Cup is drawing lower league teams home or away, that allows for comfortable wins while resting players - not drawing the likes of Everton and West Ham at home. I'd put those draws into the Betis category - could be worse, but could be better and are tricky ties that don't allow for much rotation.
Playing at home is what I meant tbh

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
We should be able to easily expose a midfield of Guardado and Carvalho.

Also didn't realise Ayoze Perez was playing for them.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Worried about a team 22 points behind a team we just beat! Classic CAF :D

U99ted

They're currently losing 2-0 to Elche. We've got this...
Even if they win vs bottom of the league Elche (now 2-1) they would have needed a two man advantage to do so.

EDIT: 2-2 in a game that bottom of the league Elche imploded with 2 red cards.

ti vu

United fans doing a tour of spain this season. Sociedad-Barcelona-Betis where next? Would have preferred a non spanish side so we could play with Harry and Lindelof in the games.
Sevilla.

Next season UEFA Super Cup against Real Madrid to cap on it.

nainaisson

The guy at UEFA who picks the draw results really hates us. I'm assuming he would have picked Real Sociedad if we hadn't played them twice already. Now Roma are stuck with them instead. That'll make an interesting tie.

vodrake

Hopefully our games against them are a bit less chaotic than their match today. 4 penalties and 3 red cards!

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
We only really worry about those Spanish mobs when it's a tight match.
Score a few and their antics can be laughed at instead of giving us anxiety.