Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

criticalanalysis

3 opponents sent off and given 3 penalties (4 in the game overall), one which was missed and then another one in the 95th to win them the game :lol:

kaku06

Vulgarian
Ffs another Spanish team. I was hoping we avoid Sevilla at all costs. If it’s not Sevilla then it’s another club from Seville. Joaquin,Borja iglesias and all them men.

Lee565

In the past I hated drawing Spanish sides as they seem to always have our number due to their superior ability in possession of the ball but with what we have seen under ten hag against the best side in la liga this season both home and away (when they had a very strong line up), he has finally got united caught up with being able to go toe to toe with the best sides on the ball.

Chairman Steve

Aren’t Betis known for not being your traditional Spanish team of shithousery and dark arts? Don’t they actually attempt to beat you in a football match?

Lee565

Massive blow for Betis.

Good news considering I'm sure he would have ended up producing a rare performance against us where he ends up performing like the potential that was expected of him when he was at Lyon

BorisManUtd

Good thing is if we beat Betis and draw Sevilla - they are awful this season, 14th in La Liga (don't remember them being that low in the table) and could have worst league finish since 2003. However they have biggest expierence in Europa and the competition could save their season.

AshRK

If we want we can actually win this competition as well. Juve Arsenal Roma and Sevilla are the trickiest opponents remaining. I think on our day we can beat any of them.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If we want we can actually win this competition as well. Juve Arsenal Roma and Sevilla are the trickiest opponents remaining. I think on our day we can beat any of them.
Arsenal are the best side in it this season and we're a close 2nd, the rest aren't close

AshRK

Arsenal are the best side in it this season and we're a close 2nd, the rest aren't close
Yes I agree but I feel with no CL spot through serie A, Juve will give their everything to win it and get to CL. Same can be said for Sevilla but I think they are not that good.

bosnian_red

Yes I agree but I feel with no CL spot through serie A, Juve will give their everything to win it and get to CL. Same can be said for Sevilla but I think they are not that good.
Juve is pretty shit these days. They aren't a bigger worry than Roma/Sociedad/Leverkusen/Freiburg/Sevilla/Betis/Sporting.

Pintu

Juve is pretty shit these days. They aren't a bigger worry than Roma/Sociedad/Leverkusen/Freiburg/Sevilla/Betis/Sporting.
Juventus probably has better players than the teams you named. I actually think they potentially have one of the strongest attacking lines in the competition, with Chiesa, Vlahovic, DiMaria up front + Kostic & Cuadrado for the wings. In my opinion, both Leverkusen and Juventus are way better than the other clubs in this regard. Both are closer to Arsenal and United than to the rest in terms of attacking talent. However, as a team, Juve is clearly shit this season. Moreover, as far as modern football goes, most coaches in the competition are miles better than Allegri...

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Betis play Real at home on 5 March and Villarreal away between the EL matches on March 12. Not the easiest set of games even if Villarreal has not been as good as in previous seasons.

bosnian_red

Juventus probably has better players than the teams you named. I actually think they potentially have one of the strongest attacking lines in the competition, with Chiesa, Vlahovic, DiMaria up front + Kostic & Cuadrado for the wings. In my opinion, both Leverkusen and Juventus are way better than the other clubs in this regard. Both are closer to Arsenal and United than to the rest in terms of attacking talent. However, as a team, Juve is clearly shit this season. Moreover, as far as modern football goes, most coaches in the competition are miles better than Allegri...
Yeah definitely not a player issue, more how they play as a team. They're similar to United last season, just really need a proper manager who can develop guys like Chiesa properly who have huge potential but are wasted/not used fully.

Gasolin

I have a small dream that somehow we meet Juventus in the final and we beat them while Pogba is playing there, and of course, Di Maria. Petty, I know, but I feel like this time, we could make it happen.

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Seville
by Federico García Lorca

Seville is a tower
full of fine archers.

Seville to wound.
Cordoba to die in.

A city that lurks
for long rhythms,
and twists them
like labyrinths.
Like tendrils of a vine
burning.

Seville to wound!

Under the arch of the sky,
across the clear plain,
she shoots the constant
arrow of her river.

Cordoba to die in!

And mad with horizons,
she mixes in her wine
the bitterness of Don Juan
and the perfection of Dionysus.

Seville to wound.
Always Seville to wound!

Seville
by Robert William Service

My Pa and Ma their honeymoon
Passed in an Andulasian June,
And though produced in Drury Lane,
I must have been conceived in Spain.
Now having lapsed from fair estate,
A coster's is my sorry fate;
Yet on my barrow lo! I wheel
The golden harvest of Saville.

"Sweet Spanish oranges!" I cry.
Ah! People deem not as they buy,
That in a dream a steel guitar
I strum beside the Alcázar,
And at the Miralda I meet
A signorita honey sweet,
And stroll beneath the silver moon
Like Pa and Ma that magic June.

Alack-a-day! I fear I'll never
Behold the golden Guadalquivir;
Yet here in Brixton how I feel
My spiritual home's Saville;
And hold the hope that some day I
Will visit there, if just to die;
Feeling I have not lived in vain
To crown my days in sunny Spain.

Seville
by Trumpeter Whydah

Lorca one,
Service two.

Bogga

Besides Fekir being gone for the rest of the season, they seem to have lots of injured players atm, players who seems to be regular starters... Rui Silva (GK), Luiz Felipe (D), Edgar Gonzales (M) and Sergio Canales (M)... no idea on the possible return dates on them though.

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
Don't understand why people are worried, only way you don't go through is if you are complacent, which won't happen. I'd imagine it could be pretty much over after the 1st leg.

bosskeano

spanish teams are never easy b/c you know at some point over the two legs they'll be given a penalty and trying to get a guy sent off

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
17:45 Leverkusen vs Ferencváros
17:45 Roma vs Real Sociedad
17:45 Sporting vs Arsenal
17:45 Union Berlin vs Union St.Gilloise

20:00 Juventus vs Freiburg
20:00 United vs Betis
20:00 Sevilla vs Fenerbahçe
20:00 Shakhtar vs Feyenoord

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Besides Fekir being gone for the rest of the season, they seem to have lots of injured players atm, players who seems to be regular starters... Rui Silva (GK), Luiz Felipe (D), Edgar Gonzales (M) and Sergio Canales (M)... no idea on the possible return dates on them though.
Blast from the past. Wasn't some sort of youth prodigy at one point?