Europa League / Conference League 23/24

Pintu

If Scotland didn't have Rangers they would be ranked something like 35th in the UEFA coefficient.
Nit the best week to be pushing this agenda… Rangers just got beaten by some nobodies from Cyprus… While Celtic got very close to defeating Lazio in the UCL.

Oranges038

More proof he suits clubs such as West Ham and Everton.
Yeah, I was just joking.

I actually don't mind him, he's a good manager for those clubs just outside the top bracket. Same as Emery. Both got their chance and couldn't meet the expectations required at a top club.

Gandalf

Never change madman, never change.

Former Manchester United defender Eric Bailly scored a last-minute own goal as his Besiktas side blew a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 at home to Lugano in the Europa Conference League.

Josh 76

EL looks so depressing. I hate this completion. So glad Utd are not in it.... until Feb!

always_hoping

Never change madman, never change.

Former Manchester United defender Eric Bailly scored a last-minute own goal as his Besiktas side blew a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 at home to Lugano in the Europa Conference League.
That's Bailly for you, never knew what you would get, could be the MOTM one game and do as he did tonight in the next game. Jose saw something in him but never reached the consistent levels of the best centre backs he managed over the years.

Santos J

Villa win it in the 94th minute. Been coming, they've been throwing everything at the goal for about half hour.

miked99

That's Bailly for you, never knew what you would get, could be the MOTM one game and do as he did tonight in the next game. Jose saw something in him but never reached the consistent levels of the best centre backs he managed over the years.
You pretty much did really :lol:

1. Returns from injury
  2. Has a surprisingly good game. Sometimes two. Looks a bit classy almost, even when doing his signature "clear the ball by kicking it 40m straight up in the air" move
  3. Does Something Mad
  4. Does Something Else Mad
  5. Gets injured
  6. Goto 1

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Happy with Union's performance. Just 2 years ago they were in second Belgian division. Crazy tbf.
Don't want to put down a team with a fraction of PL teams' budgets but Union are poor. Most players' first touch is unacceptable. Even our second goal came from a promising 2-on-1 cross chance that the first player let bounce off his legs in our penalty area. We broke and scored.

The EL standard is so poor in the early stages. Again not holding my nose up at it, but right now I have no idea what we're doing there. Probably will get knocked out in the quarters or semis but that's ok.

always_hoping

It would have been 0-0 result but for two gifts of goals from Union. Klopp Liverpool must have the record for scoring gift of goals meanwhile over the last few years United seem to gift more goals to the opposition with silly errors than any other team when you add the two together it's easy to see why United have received trimmings off Liverpool.

onemanarmy

Don't want to put down a team with a fraction of PL teams' budgets but Union are poor. Most players' first touch is unacceptable. Even our second goal came from a promising 2-on-1 cross chance that the first player let bounce off his legs in our penalty area. We broke and scored.

The EL standard is so poor in the early stages. Again not holding my nose up at it, but right now I have no idea what we're doing there. Probably will get knocked out in the quarters or semis but that's ok.
It's by far the biggest game they played in their recent history, in a packed Anfield. Of course they didn't play their best game, but all things considered... They topped their EL group last year, got beaten in the quarters by Leverkusen. They lost 10 players during summer, to put things in context. An operational budget of 10m €, you don't expect them to compete. That's 1 Liverpool players' wages, they run the entire club on it.

EL is brilliant for us, smaller countries, fans of smaller clubs. Can you imagine how it feels for them? They have players on the field that played second division in Belgium 2 years ago, now facing Liverpool in Europe.

English football fans are spoiled :)

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It's by far the biggest game they played in their recent history, in a packed Anfield. Of course they didn't play their best game, but all things considered... They topped their EL group last year, got beaten in the quarters by Leverkusen. They lost 10 players during summer, to put things in context. An operational budget of 10m €, you don't expect them to compete. That's 1 Liverpool players' wages, they run the entire club on it.

EL is brilliant for us, smaller countries, fans of smaller clubs. Can you imagine how it feels for them? They have players on the field that played second division in Belgium 2 years ago, now facing Liverpool in Europe.

English football fans are spoiled :)
And all respect to them.

zaafi

You know why you're there.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Villa win it in the 94th minute. Been coming, they've been throwing everything at the goal for about half hour.
Mostar is a nice looking city, especially the area around the old bridge, went there last Summer and now rooting for Zrinjski to do well in EL.

Messy scenes in Alkmaar as Legia's owner was attacked by the Dutch police while trying to get on the bus after AZ game, it seemed unprovoked too. Two Legia players who joined the melee got arrested are still in police custody as the rest of the team has already left the country.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button

Explains why we scored a lot of goals in the groups last year.

PoTMS

Leon Bailey is on another level to Antony. How do we manage to keep signing the worst Brazilians?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm convinced that Arsenal would have won more stuff if they had stuck with Emery. I wouldn't say no if anything was to happen to Ten Hag.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
I'm so surprised at Ajax fans being involved in trouble...

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Leon Bailey is on another level to Antony. How do we manage to keep signing the worst Brazilians?
Bailey is Jamaican. He hasn't been a success in Villa though, doesn't start often and is more an impact sub player right?

Last edited:

didz

Christ how many passes in that sequence from Brighton?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ajax doing Mourinho proud today. Or at least trying. Their bus isnt parked very tightly.

always_hoping

Ajax doing Mourinho proud today. Or at least trying. Their bus isnt parked very tightly.
Just noticed how poorly Ajax are doing this season.

As it stands bottom of the Europa league table and in the relegation zone in their own domestic league. Before tonight no win in 8 games (3 draws and 5 defeats)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bailey is Jamaican. He hasn't been a success in Villa though, doesn't start often and is not an impact sub player right?
Yes first season ruined by injured and last season he scored a few goals at home but massively underwhelmed.

Doing o.k this season more as impact player but still a fair way off what he was doing at Leverkusen for a couple of seasons.

Diaby would be a better fit for Man. United.