Music Eurovision 2018 | We have a winner...

Captain Obvious

The idea that eating disorders are about overweight people.
Oh right that person has an eating disorder aka anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa? Then thats a legit disorder and one that i never make fun of. binge-eating disorder i dont take seriously because neither do the NHS.

not at all
you'd never do that right
wow you're so brave
theres a difference between making a fat joke and actually hating/judging fat people. By your "logic" just making any sort of joke about anything instantly means youre judging that whole group of people.

Call someone stupid because they failed to answer an easy question and youre instantly judging all mentally disabled or dyslexic people everywhere? Ok kiddo

Captain Obvious

theres a difference between making a fat joke and actually hating/judging fat people. By your "logic" just making any sort of joke about anything instantly means youre judging that whole group of people? A jokes a joke, that eurovision winner was a fat slob.

Call someone stupid because they failed to answer an easy question and youre instantly judging all mentally disabled or dyslexic people everywhere? Ok kiddo

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Oh right that person has an eating disorder aka anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa? Then thats a legit disorder and one that i never make fun of. binge-eating disorder i dont take seriously because neither do the NHS.

theres a difference between making a fat joke and actually hating/judging fat people. By your "logic" just making any sort of joke about anything instantly means youre judging that whole group of people.

Then why does their website have a section on it, saying you should go to your GP if you think you or someone you know may have it, and giving examples of treatments? Why does it explicitly state it's an eating disorder, saying that the causes of these are hard to pin down and can include family history and bullying?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/binge-eating/

Captain Obvious

you're the only defending it, everyone else has done the decent thing and crawled under a rock
Calling me a bad person for making fat jokes. Fat jokes. I'm not defending anything other than you know, being able to actually make a joke on here without being crucified? Have you seen the insults posters on here swing at each other on a daily basis?

Captain Obvious

What makes you anti Israel is more the:
I apologized right after that post for implying they should be nuked (In a thread about Israel killing Iranian soldiers then being surprised they fought back) but yeah i am anti-Israel in regards to their foreign policy and treatment of Palestenians but not when it comes to them winning a song contest. If you'd included my other post where i also called Australia a bunch of cnuts for being in a contest called EUROVision. There's a difference between being Anti-Israeli and an Anti-Semite/Jew (which i am 100% not) though and that distinction should be made clear. That's what i meant.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A poster who doesn't want to get involved but feels like telling some of you to get fecked asked me to post this rhetorical question.

Ive just spent an hour and half typing out a reply to this, but when I started reading it back it looked like a power leveling woe is me check list.

So in short, yes some of us do, some of us have had to undergo psychiatric and hospital treatment for it (that was a while ago when i was younger) and it still doesnt change anything.

And I still dont hate women, i love them, hence the two marriages.

Last edited:

Roosney

I thought last year's winner was a bad joke but this isn't far from it. Well, it is because I get furious when I see the wimpy groan that piece of shite song.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Did yer man really get shit (and end up banned) for making an “enough on her plate” joke about the fat Israeli singer? Feck me...
That's what I thought when I first came into the thread. Not the case though. Go back and have a read.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's what I thought when I first came into the thread. Not the case though. Go back and have a read.
Just did that. He’s the only person who followed up a fat joke by getting into a silly argument about whether or not it’s ok to crack a fat joke. Still not seeing the issue here? The only really nasty one-liner was the gynaecologist “joke” anyway (IMHO)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This wouldn't have escalated if Europe did the sensible thing and voted Cyprus instead.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
If you'd included my other post where i also called Australia a bunch of cnuts for being in a contest called EUROVision
Should apply to Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia too, they're technically not in Europe. It's being extremely generous to count Kazakhstan and Turkey as well.

(Edit): just seen he's banned.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He was a gobshite, a wum and very probably a returnee/duplicate account in my esteemed opinion. Was only a matter of time before the cock got banned anyway. Can never understand those that fight the corner of obvious wankers
I get that he’s probably a returnee and definitely a tool. So he won’t be missed. Still, though, piling on someone for cracking a fairly mild fat joke does seem like we’re crossing a line in the sand. What about bald men? Is “slap-head” a form of scalp shaming?

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I just read som of the Guardian's coverage of yesterday night, and the few-word-recaps of all songs cracked me up, especially 'Germany - Aldi Sheeran' :lol:

brewlio

A prince among poopers
I get that he’s probably a returnee and definitely a tool. So he won’t be missed. Still, though, piling on someone for cracking a fairly mild fat joke does seem like we’re crossing a line in the sand. What about bald men? Is “slap-head” a form of scalp shaming?
Aye fair point. Was more about him being a cock in general than his supposed Eurovision crimes for me.

Snafu17

Seems a bit unfair to Luke Shaw if anything :lol:

Spoony

The People's President

Yeah, I have to agree. That said making fun of people's appearances is a bit sad. Anyway, I'm about to get my big arse off this chair and make some breakfast.