Evan Ferguson - Top Irish Prospect

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
The only way we can get him is with qatar onboard.

100m minimum.

Hammondo

I think you’re missing the point, it’s not how difficult the finish was; it’s the anticipation to be in the right place, coming back to make sure he’s onside. We don’t have anyone like that, you can be sure Martial would have been on his heels.
We don't have anyone like that (maybe the new striker will be), but it's a very standard thing for a striker.

Drizzle

Dippers will likely use their Salah money next year.
That was my thinking... Although it would necessitate a complete change of tactics for Klopp. Not impossible.

The other obvious candidate is Chelsea of course.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Don't understand the logic behind statements of £100m. It wouldn't even be acknowledged as a starting point.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Don't understand the logic behind statements of £100m. It wouldn't even be acknowledged as a starting point.
Because it’s Brighton and the market is crazy. People are just predicting what will happen if the kid carries this on and ends the season with 15-20 goals.

Idxomer

Because it’s Brighton and the market is crazy. People are just predicting what will happen if the kid carries this on and ends the season with 15-20 goals.
He means 100m won't be enough.

If this kid scores 20 goals in the league this season, he won't be sold for less than 150m.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

If this kid scores 20 goals in the league this season, he won't be sold for less than 150m.
My bad. I just re read it. But yeah he’s right, Brighton will laugh a £100M bid out of the room if he has a season like that.

Remember the geese

I can see Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal being interested next year.

Man City and Man United each already have their own young, big money beefy strikers.
We shouldn't allow him to move to one of our rivals. I get the feeling that it would be something we would hugely regret.

Von Mistelroum

If you're Evan Ferguson and you develop into an elite player then you want to play for a team who can genuinely challenge for honours for the next ten years. Manchester United would be the perfect place for you... Back when SAF was around. These days you wouldn't look twice in our direction surely? Top six challenger with no money and owners who are more than happy to keep it that way as long as they get their dividends?

He'll be looking at top level teams like City, Madrid, Barca, Bayern and maybe even Liverpool or Arsenal if they can keep up their current trajectory.

marktan

£100m is wild. The kid is potential, not a sure bet. You pay that sort of fee for someone like Kane or Osimhen who are actually elite at various aspects of being a striker.

WelshManc

£100m is wild. The kid is potential, not a sure bet. You pay that sort of fee for someone like Kane or Osimhen who are actually elite at various aspects of being a striker.
If he bangs in 15-20 goals this season then Brighton will easily get £100m next summer. Hopefully the reports of the Glazer's staying are false and we get Qatar.

To have him and Højlund, two United fans, rotating would be insane. I don't think it'll happen and he'll go to one of the other top 7.

CM

He looks destined for the top. It's a shame we couldn't get in on him before he exploded, it doesn't really feel viable for us to sign Ferguson for however much Brighton will want when we've already bought another young striker in Hojlund for big money. I'm interested to watch his development over the next couple of years, exciting player.

marktan

how is 2018 doing?
See

Yeah he's good for an 18 year old but there's nothing special to his game yet. Second goal also was very nicely placed but he had no pressure on him at all during the whole run. People comparing him to Kane or as an alternative to Kane are a mile off. And yes I know Kane was nowhere at 18 but very few strikers have his trajectory.

I'm not the biggest fan of Hojlund at the price we paid but I think Hojlund is on a similar level / potentially has more to his game, but is weaker with his finishing.

What people need to always remember is that players playing for a highly attacking team that create a lot of chances will always get more goals then say an attacker playing for Bournemouth. We made the same mistake with Sancho. Even Antony to an extent.

Tarrou

well I agree it's absurd but that's the market we're in now

he's younger than Hojlund, has a better goalscoring record than him playing in a stronger league. Getting him for under 100m is a pipe dream at this point.

marktan

well I agree it's absurd but that's the market we're in now

he's younger than Hojlund, has a better goalscoring record than him playing in a stronger league. Getting him for under 100m is a pipe dream at this point.
True it's the market I'm sure someone (probably Chelsea) will pay that I just hope it isn't us. Someone like Osimhen is way better value for money. Kid may develop into something great but the football is littered with the likes of Solanke and very few Kane's. Players like Toney are ahead of him atm

Stacks

The only way we can get him is with qatar onboard.

100m minimum.
He's worth it, how much would Rooney have cost in this market? You don't often find kids that can do serious damage in the PL and when you do you have to move mountains to sign them.
Why is he worth it? What have you seen him do at any high level to be worth 100m? do you know how many forwards I have seen have a great season (he hasn't yet) and not go anywhere? He has what 10 top flight goals and isn't even a guaranteed starter. You are talking like he is Mbappe or something. Rooney had special talent. He was creative, intelligent and a physical beast (very fast and strong) technically gifted plus the Euros boosted his value as he was the best player in the tournament.

If he bangs in 15-20 goals this season then Brighton will easily get £100m next summer. Hopefully the reports of the Glazer's staying are false and we get Qatar.

To have him and Højlund, two United fans, rotating would be insane. I don't think it'll happen and he'll go to one of the other top 7.
Ivan Tony and Wilson scored damn near 20 goals. I know they are older but 20 goals isn't exceptional anymore. If we are comparing him to other forwards, what are his stand out skills than make him a 150 mill striker? Like what is he better at at football? He looks a bit clunky and slow when he turns and dribbles. Not too fast or skillful or creative like I just dont see £150 million worth of potential talent there. Think he is being overhyped. I would understand if he looked like R9 but he looks like a typical old school British premier league forward except he is Irish