Everton deducted 10 points for PSR breach (reduced to 6) | Deducted further 2 points for second breach

RedDevil@84

How do you quickly deal with over 100 charges that the club deny, opposed to two which the club confirm and accept?
You make it sound that the investigation started when we read the news in the papers that they were charged.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
So in order to comply with “Profit and Sustainability“ rules we should have accepted a £30M bid in June for Johnson and not the £47m we got in August!! Irony just doesn’t cover it.
So what's happens if after they rejected the 30m, no other bid was forthcoming? They'd be -30m? Took a gamble.

Not being a prick, actually curious.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
So what's happens if after they rejected the 30m, no other bid was forthcoming? They'd be -30m? Took a gamble.

Not being a prick, actually curious.
We were apparently in contact with Spurs already so not a gamble

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I know that 100+ charges is not the same as one or two and that it takes time but it is still "funny". Two clubs will maybe get relegated for few charges while City winning trebles.

RuudTom83

So in order to comply with “Profit and Sustainability“ rules we should have accepted a £30M bid in June for Johnson and not the £47m we got in August!! Irony just doesn’t cover it.
Was that the one and only deal Forest made?

I’ve heard this reasoning a lot today, but is it not the half a dozen deals Forest did prior to the sale of Johnson that caused the problem in the first place.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I know that 100+ charges is not the same as one or two and that it takes time but it is still "funny". Two clubs will maybe get relegated for few charges while City winning trebles.
City’s shit is so wide reaching that it’ll take years to untangle.

crossy1686

career ending
It’s been a year, not like they charged them a week ago, that’s after a 4 year investigation.
Seems like you’re starting to understand judicial process. You have to gather evidence to prove they did what you said they did. Would you rather them just rush it and totally feck it up? You know they only get one shot at charging them for these things right? They can’t do it again later when they’ve got their shit together better.

crossy1686

career ending
You make it sound that the investigation started when we read the news in the papers that they were charged.
Right now imagine you charge someone for doing something wrong and they say no. Now you have to prove they did something wrong, so you ask them to provide the documents you need to prove they did something wrong. They also say no. Now you have to go to court and get them to release said documents. Now imagine that 100+ times and you’ll start to understand why this process will take time.

Not only that, you think they can rock up to court with some jumped up charges on the back of a fag packet? City’s lawyers will destroy them, but if that’s what you want then feck it, let’s just rush it and have it over and done with.

Now imagine you charge Everton and they say, yeah we did that, and here the proof we did that, we want to comply. Okay, here’s your punishment for breaking the rules.

Quick that wasn’t it?

cyberman

Sorry that statement makes no sense - Ignoring whom?
You turned down a lower bid (ended up being a lower bid) for a higher one that came after the deadline even though you knew you’d be punished by waiting?
Thats a balls up from the club isn’t it?

crossy1686

career ending
Will make the disgracing all the sweeter. Imagine winning a treble and then being told it’s null and void? Heartbreaking.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Will make the disgracing all the sweeter. Imagine winning a treble and then being told it’s null and void? Heartbreaking.
That is the worst thing in all this shit. They will get a ban, probably get demoted in lower division BUT trophies will stay in their hands.
At the end we will have a thread here; "5 years in lower leagues vs 20 trophies. What do you pick?"

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Was that the one and only deal Forest made?

I’ve heard this reasoning a lot today, but is it not the half a dozen deals Forest did prior to the sale of Johnson that caused the problem in the first place.
The sale of Johnson brought us in compliance so the previous deals are irrelevent.
You turned down a lower bid (ended up being a lower bid) for a higher one that came after the deadline even though you knew you’d be punished by waiting?
Thats a balls up from the club isn’t it?
We were Communicating with the FA throughout the window about the Johnson sale. Presumably at no point in that conversation did the FA say sorry we will do you if you proceed with that plan so how is that a balls up?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Null to rival fans yes.
But they're only investigating the period at the start of City's run aren't they? Not the last few years.

crossy1686

career ending
Null to rival fans yes.
But they're only investigating the period at the start of City's run aren't they? Not the last few years.
I think they're doing up to 2018 but they want the recent docs also which City won't share with them, which is why part of the charges are due to an unwillingness to cooperate. Safe to say, they'll do the lot once they get their hands on everything. I doubt the under the table payments just stopped one summer in 2022.

RedRocket9908

Right now imagine you charge someone for doing something wrong and they say no. Now you have to prove they did something wrong, so you ask them to provide the documents you need to prove they did something wrong. They also say no. Now you have to go to court and get them to release said documents. Now imagine that 100+ times and you’ll start to understand why this process will take time.

Not only that, you think they can rock up to court with some jumped up charges on the back of a fag packet? City’s lawyers will destroy them, but if that’s what you want then feck it, let’s just rush it and have it over and done with.

Now imagine you charge Everton and they say, yeah we did that, and here the proof we did that, we want to comply. Okay, here’s your punishment for breaking the rules.

Quick that wasn’t it?
The Premier League already have the evidence that they believe prooves City committed the offences thats why they were charged, its now up to City to proove their innocence by producing evidence in their defence.

The reason this is taking so long is because City are apparently using every tactic in the book to delay it as much as possible including trying to get it blocked by the courts despite claiming they have evidence that prooves their innocence.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Quick that wasn’t it?
That is not how things usually work. You charge someone if and when you have evidence to back that. And then it is up to them to bring evidence that they are not guilty.

RuudTom83

The sale of Johnson brought us in compliance so the previous deals are irrelevent.
It was outside of the required time frame right?

Might be harsh, but for example if 2 clubs in 17th and 18th in the table. The club in 17th complies with all the regulations and stays within FFP rules.

But the club in 18th spunks a load they don’t have and survives the drop in place of the other club…only to give the excuse, don’t worry about it we’re gonna sell a load of players in the next window.

Is that fair?

Last edited:

AlexUTD

Wait a minute, are you trying to say Kaveh whathischops isn't the definitive voice on all happenings in the modern football landscape? That he might just be talking shite and making half of this stuff up?!

God forbid.
You mean "Mr.Let me stop in mid sentence to emphasize everything i am saying" is full of shite?

I for one, am shocked sir! :wenger:

Robertd0803

My thoughts exactly. Spurs may have paid 17 million more (or whatever it was) in the end in September after the deadline had passed but they could have at any point decided to bugger off and buy someone else and Forest remain over the limits.

Anyway anyone nice enough to explain what period Everton are being charged for now and which period they were charged for that resulted in the points deduction?

OleGunnar20

You mean "Mr.Let me stop in mid sentence to emphasize everything i am saying" is full of shite?

I for one, am shocked sir! :wenger:
Oh don't get me started on journalist voice! Ornsteins meandering nonsense in particular brings me out in hives.

Last edited:

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
That is the worst thing in all this shit. They will get a ban, probably get demoted in lower division BUT trophies will stay in their hands.
At the end we will have a thread here; "5 years in lower leagues vs 20 trophies. What do you pick?"
They could probably dock Man C 50 points and they still wouldn't be relegated.

MegadrivePerson

City’s shit is so wide reaching that it’ll take years to untangle.
Yeah this is the problem.

Everton and Forest are openly perhaps unwittingly admitting that they have fecked up whereas City knew theyd fecked up so hid all their failings behind fake crypto currency sponsors and completely over inflated deals.

Himannv

We were Communicating with the FA throughout the window about the Johnson sale. Presumably at no point in that conversation did the FA say sorry we will do you if you proceed with that plan so how is that a balls up?
I doubt they'd go to that level of granularity. I presume it'll be more like "this is the rule and you need to adhere to it". The club are culpable if they do not comply unless they have it in writing that the rule will not apply to them if the deal is done after the compliance deadline.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I doubt they'd go to that level of granularity. I presume it'll be more like "this is the rule and you need to adhere to it". The club are culpable if they do not comply unless they have it in writing that the rule will not apply to them if the deal is done after the compliance deadline.
It just seems weird to me that they'd be financially monitoring certain clubs and then allow them to do business that would mean they are breaking rules - it damages the integrity of the competition to let people break rules and then charge them.

cyberman

It just seems weird to me that they'd be financially monitoring certain clubs and then allow them to do business that would mean they are breaking rules - it damages the integrity of the competition to let people break rules and then charge them.
If they stopped your club from breaking rules while you knew you were about tj break rules then the crying from your fanbase would be 100x worse than it is now. But we haven’t even broken rules how can they do this while City etc etc

Himannv

Preventing a club from doing business is a stretch I reckon. They just monitor and check for compliance during a specified time period (which is where I think Everton may have an argument in their favour having been already charged previously for what I think is an overlapping timeframe).

Santos J

It sounds like things could get really bad for Forest

It's just Keegan jumping on the bandwagon after they've been charged, they had a "story" about it months ago saying they owed players millions and they weren't even due to be paid yet, when they were due they were paid as normal. The FA charge is obviously an issue for them but this from Keegan is just a load of shite.

MegadrivePerson

You realise that the vast majority of football clubs don't need babysitting and have to be spoon fed information around rule breaking?

It damages the integrity of the competition for clubs like Leicester who sold good players before the start of last season and ended up getting relegated because clubs like Everton didn't comply with the rules.

Castia

It sounds like things could get really bad for Forest

Hard to feel for Forrest when they signed 500 players last summer. You know other clubs got relegated by spending within their means whilst these lot spent a complete fortune which the clearly don’t have

cyberman

How do you know they didn’t? Did the club not know what situation they were in? Since you’ve being punished it’s a pretty safe fecking bet that the FA didn’t say go on ahead and wait, it’s acceptable.
Meanwhile you went out and spent 120 fecking million odd last summer. This is one hundred percent on your club