Everton manager Ronald Koeman is Sacked | Koeman: "I'm not impressed"

DavidDeSchmikes

Sorry to you and others, but I can't, I just remember reading that the PL chairmen had agreed it. So the question is, have any PL managers changed clubs in the last few years mid-season, as opposed to at season-end?
Owen Coyle from Burnley to Bolton in 09/10

stepic

A shambles of a transfer window really, not replacing Lukaku and just creating a logjam in the attacking mid position.

Fitchett

Moyes - made Rooney the main man at United and gave him a ridiculous 5 year £300k pw contract - Sacked.
Van Gaal - made Rooney captain and repeatedly stated "My captain always plays" irrespective of how sh*te he is - Sacked.
Hodgson - persisted with Rooney as captain and main man - Resigned before he was sacked.
Koeman - re-signed Rooney and tried to shoehorn him into an ill balanced attack - Sacked.

Southgate - had the nous to phase Rooney out of the team, leading to the player's retirement from the England team - Still in post.
Mourinho - had the balls to phase Rooney out of the 1st team, leading to the player returning to Everton - Still in post.

Is there a connection, or is this just a mere coincidence?

Last edited:

Fitchett

Glad he's finally recieved his marching orders. 24 years too late but better late than never. Cheerio, Ronald.
:lol::lol::lol: I was absolutely furious that night. The only good thing that came out of it was that hilarious documentary featuring Graham Taylor and Phil Neal.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Moyes - made Rooney the main man at United and gave him a ridiculous 5 year £300k pw contract - Sacked.
Van Gaal - made Rooney captain and repeatedly stated "My captain always plays" irrespective of how sh*te he is - Sacked.
Hodgson - persisted with Rooney as captain and main man - Resigned before he was sacked.
Koeman - re-signed Rooney and tried to shoehorn him into an ill balance attack - Sacked.

Southgate - had the nous to phase Rooney out of the team, leading to the player's retirement from the England team - Still in post.
Mourinho - had the balls to phase Rooney out of the 1st team, leading to the player returning to Everton - Still in post.

spacegoat

M15 Red.

:lol::lol::lol: I was absolutely furious that night. The only good thing that came out of it was that hilarious documentary featuring Graham Taylor and Phil Neal.
Aye every cloud and that. Remember being nabbed on a (false) twok charge during USA 94. Got taken back to the Crescents for questioning. Was knocking out a bitta green at the time (allegedly) so had to explain away a debt list containing names in my possession. Told the desk sergeant I was taking bets on the outcome of the World Cup, to which he replied "Ders many betsh for the English yesh?".. Turned out in the end the dibble was Irish, not Dutch. Still stung though.

Needham

The toffee tv lads what Tuchel. Dunno how likely that would be.

Why would Tuchel go to Everton? What are Everton at a European level? They are no more and probably less than Lyon who beat them last week. Would Tuchel jump at the chance to manage Lyon? I think not. Then there's the romantic delusion about ex players "getting" the club, Unsworth suddenly being able to take on Mourinho, Pep and Pochetinho, let alone Wenger and Klopp. Delusion in two regards. Everton should do their level best to get Dyche.

moodyred

I have always liked Everton for the simple fact that they are local rivals of Liverpool, and for Rooney's sake. So I wish them well.

I think Everton made too many changes this summer and the team needs time to gel. Yes, I am not too impressed with him, but Koeman should have been given more time.

Edea

feck off you fraud of a manager. I never really understood why he'd constantly display a level of arrogance. Like he was a top coach.
This is completel deserved, about as clueless as a transfer window can get. The only good thing he did was buy Rooney from us.
:lol::lol::lol:

Halftrack

I have always liked Everton for the simple fact that they are local rivals of Liverpool, and for Rooney's sake. So I wish them well.

I think Everton made too many changes this summer and the team needs time to gel. Yes, I am not too impressed with him, but Koeman should have been given more time.
They didn't make too many changes, they made the wrong changes. They needed a pacy winger and a Lukaku replacement first and foremost (and could have done with a CB and an FB, but that's not as pressing). Instead, they spunked their money on a bunch of decidedly non-pacy #10s, like the name of the position was indicative of their quality on a scale, and then called it a day.

RooneyLegend

Genuinely shocked by how terrible he's done this season. Nothing about the Everton set up makes sense.

MoskvaRed

Why would Tuchel go to Everton? What are Everton at a European level? They are no more and probably less than Lyon who beat them last week. Would Tuchel jump at the chance to manage Lyon? I think not. Then there's the romantic delusion about ex players "getting" the club, Unsworth suddenly being able to take on Mourinho, Pep and Pochetinho, let alone Wenger and Klopp. Delusion in two regards. Everton should do their level best to get Dyche.
In football terms alone, I agree Everton are nothing special but wasn't Koeman reported to be on 6m a year? I doubt Lyon (or their equivalent in Germany) pay their manager half that amount.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
If Tuchel wants to manage a PL club, then Everton is an okay option right now. He can only improve them.

Kapardin

What makes Tuchel a level above Lyon or Everton who are big clubs in good league positions (current Everton position not withstanding)? Tuchel managed Dortmund, which is not a European giant at the moment, and he has only won a German cup during his tenure. Basically, he has done feck all so far to warrant a claim to managing the top 6 of the premier league (well, Liverpool maybe!), or the top 2 of the La Liga, or even Bayern.

I'd put him in the same bracket as Emery, and the latter atleast is a multiple EL winner. It's true Emery is in a more high profile job at PSG, but at that time, circumstances favored him as no-one else was available for them to appoint. Else, Emery would have ended up at Everton or a similar club.

Robbie Boy

His signings are being absolutely lambasted over on GrandOldTeam. The fans seem to want rid of Rooney, Sigurdsson and Klassen already :lol:

Loon

:lol:
Can't say I'm sorry the orange Easter Island-headed big gob has gone. Look a twat now, don't you, Ron?

I Believe

everything Nigel Farage told me
Hasn’t big Sam already said that he has no interest in returning to the PL. I think he’s got half an eye on the US job
He may well have done, just thought with Sam's notorious 'get out of the relegation zone free' card he might be tempted, but certainly the US job would give him a whole new 'ball game' to consider (excuse the pun).

It's B Rubble

The dutch philosophy has failed in this league, bigtime.

van Gaal, van Mclaren, De boer, Koeman, Gullit, Martin Jol.
Their systems usually require players who are more technical. It's why Gullit , van Gaal, and De boer have had success abroad, but not in England. Southhampton are a good technical team from their roots. Dont think Koeman did anything to further them any more than Poch.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What makes Tuchel a level above Lyon or Everton who are big clubs in good league positions (current Everton position not withstanding)? Tuchel managed Dortmund, which is not a European giant at the moment, and he has only won a German cup during his tenure. Basically, he has done feck all so far to warrant a claim to managing the top 6 of the premier league (well, Liverpool maybe!), or the top 2 of the La Liga, or even Bayern.

I'd put him in the same bracket as Emery, and the latter atleast is a multiple EL winner. It's true Emery is in a more high profile job at PSG, but at that time, circumstances favored him as no-one else was available for them to appoint. Else, Emery would have ended up at Everton or a similar club.
Money in the premier league should be tempting as it can set you up for life.

EyeInTheSky

We haven't and anyone saying that don't watch football.
what do you expect when you see the same posters with varying degrees from disdain to hate against Jose when the rumours started that he was a candidate for the Job, those very same melts were pining over Klopp and when Jose Joined us and Klopp joined pool they had a meltdown. Do you think they would still openly say the would prefer Klop right now? You can't please everybody all of the time and if you don't like someone then irrespective of what happens you will find an excuse to have a dig at them They will lie in wait with their insults getting more and more frustrated when we are winning because they have all this animosity pent up until God forbid a draw or a loss until then the will crawl back under the rocks from whence they came.

They are easy to spot because when someone gives them a counterpoint or disagrees with them they come out with "were not allowed to criticize Jose" or words to that effect when no one has ever said that. What they need to realises is that if they are going to come up with an emotional or bias opinion or any opinion for that matter they had better be able to back it up or not throw a tantrum because someone disagrees or differs with them.

me personally I don't like what I see from certain players and certain games and that is clearly down to the fact we lack a good number of top-level players in key positions. However I thought this at various times under SAF and Big Ron, I won't just throw out the old tired rhetoric about ultra-defensive manager and "coward" and "can't coach attacking blah blah.

If people want a particular style of football irrespective of the results then they will always take the opportunity to have a dig or insult whoever they support and whoever the manager is.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Koeman - re-signed Rooney and tried to shoehorn him into an ill balanced attack - Sacked.

Top class post. Also since rooney decline trump has been elected and brexit has materialized.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
@EyeInTheSky, I haven't actually seen anyone suggesting Utd play the worst football in the league, and if they did they haven't seen much football. Agree with the rest of your post.

Baby Groot

Shocked that Koeman didn't make Rooney the captain.
Next manager better convince Rooney to retire altogether or face the sack probably only 1 or 2 seasons into his term at Everton.

Solo Toure

I would have thought when Rooney departed people would remember the good times and respect his achievements and records, hell to the no.

It's the guys birthday, at least give the man one day without a roasting.

AlBor

Supports
Red Star, Belgrade
Our top secret evil master plan "How to play shitty defensive footbal and win Pl by making sure that other teams are managed by idiots " is finally unfolding.

Project status report
1) Liverpool (done) - Klopp
2) Arsenal ( done ) - Wenger
3) Chelsea (done) - its Chelsea, just let them do their thing . For fun, send the Bid for Matic.

Remaining :

4) Tottenhem - convince Levy that Koeman is better and cheaper than Pochettino.
5) Man City - hope that Catalonia declares independence and calls up Pep to become first head coach of the national team.

EyeInTheSky

@EyeInTheSky, I haven't actually seen anyone suggesting Utd play the worst football in the league, and if they did they haven't seen much football. Agree with the rest of your post.
Thing is they don't say it verbatim but they say it in other words like "Embarrassing", "Dog shite", "garbage"

so I can't imagine they are proclaiming it anything other than the worst or thereabouts.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
For all the posts slating Rooney, you're right. I have many arguments with mates who defend him, especially since he's our top scorer but overall in games he's been terrible apart from the first few where the team as whole looked okay. He's capable of little moments of magic still but 90% of the time he's really bad and not worth the time nor effort. It felt like a move which was to make the fans/sponsors happy in a "look, we can attract a huge name" rather than looking at it in a purely footballing basis.

We should be starting with Davies, Gueye, Vlasic, Gylfi, Lookman and
Calvert Lewin. The fact that lookman and Davies have hardly been played is very unfair when they've shown signs of ability when playing compared to the trash that people like Schneiderlin, Rooney and even Siggy have shown this season.