Evra accuses Suarez of racist remarks | Suarez guilty of racial abuse

Dave89

Suarez told Cormolli and Kuyt about the incident (in different languages) after the game. They both reported what he said to the ref. Suarez changed his story (relating to him saying "Because you are Black") and claimed that both Cormolli and Kuyt must have misunderstood him. Odd that they both came up with the same phrase in different languages and in both cases this was a mistake of some sort. When subsequently asked about what they were told both said that they were sure they must have misheard.

Obvious bullshit and a fatal wound to Suarez's case IMO. Suarez made fools of them and they were stupid enough to go along.
They spoke to Suarez after the match, Comolli in Spanish, Kuyt in Dutch. Both understood him to have said a phrase which translates in both languages as 'because you're black.' This is what they initially reported when asked to provide their story.

The phrase in question corroborated the most damning part of Evra's evidence and also killed the conciliatory defence which Suarez would later rely on so, presumably under instruction from LFC's lawyer, they changed their account to say they had both misunderstood Suarez, Comolli in Spanish and Kuyt in his native tongue Dutch.

Strange that Evra, Comolli and Kuyt all misunderstood Suarez to have said 'because you're black' from three separate conversations, including one in Dutch. LFC were between a rock and hard place after that. The phrase 'Because you're black' can't be palmed away as non-racist, so they had to conduct this embarrassing 'misunderstanding' u-turn and hope for the best. Thankfully the panel weren't born yesterday.
Thanks. Pre-empting the reply I'll get, have we a source for that?

Skywarden

Thanks. Pre-empting the reply I'll get, have we a source for that?
138. Mr Comolli said in his witness statement that Mr Suarez told him nothing happened. He
said that there was one incident where he said sorry to Mr Evra and Mr Evra told him
"Don't touch me, South American" to which Mr Comolli thought Mr Suarez said he had
replied "Por que, tu eres negro?". Mr Suarez was emphatic that he had not said anything
that could be classified as racial abuse. Mr Comolli confirmed under cross-examination
that he believed that what he was told by Mr Suarez in this meeting was that the words he
had used to Mr Evra translated as "Why, because you are black".
..and onwards.

Rednails

Commenting on Suarez yesterday, the Ajax coach Frank de Boer said that the Uruguayan had proved his liability to do stupid things by refusing to shake Evra's hand. "We know Luis does everything to win" De Boer said "but sometimes he does some stupid things like he did here in Holland".

From today's D Telegraph, Mark Ogden.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't think a "Racial Cloud" hangs over their club, it's drawn out a few racist fans but every club has them. I think it's the "Victim Cloud" which hangs darkly over Anfield. The fact they have once again blamed everyone but themselves and failed to take any responsibility for their actions while turning the whole thing around and presenting themselves to be the victim of a hate campaign when in reality they are supporting a man guilty of racist abuse who shows no regret for any of his actions. They're not a racist club and we need to move on from this race thing now if Football is to move forward.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
From Suarez's Facebook account:

"I want to say thanks for the great support that the Liverpool's fans have given me in these last days. I would like to say thanks again to fans of Ajax for what did today. As you know I am Uruguayan, and I defend the selection team, so I want to say thanks too the fans, players and managers of NACIONAL for their great support today! A million THANKS for everybody!"

More shameless twats here:

Uruguay are going mental right now for Luis Suarez

Laphroaig

From Suarez's Facebook account:

"I want to say thanks for the great support that the Liverpool's fans have given me in these last days. I would like to say thanks again to fans of Ajax for what did today. As you know I am Uruguayan, and I defend the selection team, so I want to say thanks too the fans, players and managers of NACIONAL for their great support today! A million THANKS for everybody!"

More shameless twats here:

Uruguay are going mental right now for Luis Suarez
1. Translation please? 2. What did the Ajax fans do today?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
So the only people that support Suarez are:

1. His current club
2. His former club
3. His countrymen

That's me convinced. He's entirely innocent.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I wish everyone defending Suarez would just sit the feck down and get over it, he's been charged and served his ban, deal with it. They've pushed this story far past it's sell by date and Suarez hasn't done himself any favours either.

Liam147

On Probation
Suprising Evra never get that much support from his French team mates and friends:confused:
Evra: Leads national side out of world cup, revolts against manager and staff as captain.

Suarez: Hero of the world cup with a handball on the line, sending them through to a semi final, up there with Forlan as their MVP.

Who's the hero and who's the villain in this piece?

That said, France need to say nothing, for some reason, Uruguay have decided to break out. Neither country should have said a thing, it involves neither of them.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Nacional tonight during Copa Lib

"Fergie, Wash your mouth before you speak of Sir Suarez" on the right, can't tell what's on the left. But it's "Suarez is of Nacional, Evra should _______" Can't figure out what the last word is.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
'Fergie' and 'sir suarez' :lol:

Must have been some sight for these losers to watch their hero walk off the pitch with his tail between his legs and have to apologize like a scolded child.

Red Panda

The Ajax fan's chanting was crap last night...even needed some joker with a microphone into the PA to prompt them; 'Ehhhh Ohhhh Ooooo Ehhhh"...crowd thinks 'Yeah I know that one...' and start blurting out 'Ehhhh Ohhhh Ooooo Ehhhh'. How shit is that! :) I was proper laughing at it.

I couldn't care less what Ajax/Uraguay fans think of Suarez TBH, he's by a country mile the Ballon D'Or winner of Top Dickhead in Football, apart from Blatter of course.

lynchie

Article critical of Luis Suarez: "Oh, stop going on about it! We just want to move on. Why are you so obsessed??"

Article supportive of Luis Suarez: "Woo! YAWN! Evra should be banned forever!!!!!"

decorativeed

The Ajax fan's chanting was crap last night...even needed some joker with a microphone into the PA to prompt them; 'Ehhhh Ohhhh Ooooo Ehhhh"...crowd thinks 'Yeah I know that one...' and start blurting out 'Ehhhh Ohhhh Ooooo Ehhhh'. How shit is that! :) I was proper laughing at it.

I couldn't care less what Ajax/Uraguay fans think of Suarez TBH, he's by a country mile the Ballon D'Or winner of Top Dickhead in Football, apart from Blatter of course.
Ballonsac D'Or?

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Speaking exclusively to FourFourTwo in a preview of his monthly column, legendary former Real Madrid defender Salgado - currently with Blackburn Rovers - believes Suarez's conduct only exacerbated matters.

"When the case was brought against him, he denied wrongdoing and was determined to fight it, yet he lost the case and got an eight-game ban," says Salgado.
"But his actions forced his coach and his club to defend him to the death, leaving them in a difficult and unpleasant situation. Against Manchester United, Suarez had the chance to put it all behind him and he didn’t."

The following day, Suarez released a statement apologising to Kenny Dalglish, the club and the fans for not shaking Evra’s hand, yet seemingly failed to acknowledge Evra himself.
While welcoming the apology, Salgado suspects Suarez may have been forced into making it, especially given his staunch defence of his innocence.

"We all make mistakes – all of us. But you have to step forward and say sorry," says Salgado. "You apologise for what happened in the heat of the moment and it ends there. But you must apologise.

"In the end Suarez did apologise, but it felt forced. The apology has to be sincere. The apology also has to be directed to Evra, and it wasn't. You have to be man enough to step up, swallow your pride and apologise properly."

Skywarden

I have heard little to no reactions from France or French people.

How are you/they viewing this whole episode?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Why do they feel the need to defend him ? I mean it's not like the whole of Uruguay is getting linked to racism or something
People find the whole thing was a bit harsh on him and are worried how it will affect his game.

Most don't give a rats about the incident, all they know is an important national team player is in trouble. The media at first were more balanced, now they have turned into fecking RAWK.

When the whole handshake thing happened they were showing it in still and arguing Evra pulled his hand :lol:

It is really shocking stuff.

A lot of people have the sense to come up to me and ask "so, what's the deal with this whole Suarez thing?" and when I explain they get it. Sort of... they understand it was the wrong thing to do in England, and conclude you are all basket cases.

The funny thing is the President now jumped on the bandwagon when it is all the more disagreeable. Not everyone "gets" the racism thing, they see it as someone getting suspended for a windup, which would have half the players in the world suspended in their minds.

As far as the handshake is concerned, the moment Liverpool said he had told his manager he would shake hands the average person went "Oh well mate, you fecked up there alright". Again, no one cares about shaking or not, what they do understand is if you tell your coach you'll do something you should.