Evra and VDS

Kelvin

How come people are not blaming them, they were both at fault for the WBA goals.....I am so angry with both of them right now.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Like I've just said in another thread, how can Evra be blamed for the deflection?

Agree about VDS though, that was beyond stupid.

Rahul

Can't believe VDS did that. He has the sun in his eyes for a majority of the first half. Dealt with it. Went to the other side of the pitch in the second half, in the shade. And only went and did a Carson.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Perhaps because they've been absolute rocks for us since they both signed. VDS could have a hattrick of own goals and i'd still not blaim him.

Evra's form/confidence since the World Cup fiasco has been hit pretty badly. But he's still miles ahead of anyone else we have at LB.

askabob

Evra has been off form this season but you can't blame him for the deflection. VDS is an amazing keeper but blunders happen to everyone. All players make mistakes and it's part of the game. Stop being a muppet

Name Changed

weso26
Evra at fault? are you retarded Kelvin?

I'll give you VDS.
Evra was badly at fault for the second goal also. It was he who lost the ball, not once but twice, during that sequence of play. First, he tried to dribble by two players which he is not able to do. He lost it. Then he had an easy chance to clear in and passed to a WBA player who was just outside the box. The goal resulted from that. Obvious VDS was awful for it, but Evra was awful also.

First goal was unlucky,

Kelvin

Evra at fault? are you retarded Kelvin?

I'll give you VDS.
no its a reality. have you seen how Evra he has been playing since the start of the season, he has been shocking and not doing his defensive duties properly, just because he isn't the usual scapegoat like O'Shea or Gibson does not mean he should escape from criticism

I'm always right

Evra was badly at fault for the second goal also. It was he who lost the ball, not once but twice, during that sequence of play. First, he tried to dribble by two players which he is not able to do. He lost it. Then he had an easy chance to clear in and passed to a WBA player who was just outside the box. The goal resulted from that. Obvious VDS was awful for it, but Evra was awful also.

First goal was unlucky,
ha ha, so it was Evra's fault that VDS did that? That's like saying Rooney missed an easy chance and that resulting counter attack ended up with VDS gifting a goal to their centre forward, Rooney is also at fault :lol:

The 2nd goal was the fault of ONE man, fair play to VDS though, he rarely makes mistakes.

Godfather

In contrast to the thread-opener, I thought that Evra had one of the best games he had in his last appearances for us.

That's not saying too much of course, as he wasn't the same since he came back from the world cup, but it was nevertheless a good performance. Caught out of position at times, but still.

Couldnt do anything for the goal, I thought the wall was suspicious again today.

Well, and VDS...fecking hell...

I'm always right

In contrast to the thread-opener, I thought that Evra had one of the best games he had in his last appearances for us.

That's not saying too much of course, as he wasn't the same since he came back from the world cup, but it was nevertheless a good performance. Caught out of position at times, but still.

Couldnt do anything for the goal, I thought the wall was suspicious again today.

Well, and VDS...fecking hell...
That's a good summary.

Justin

That's not much you can do about a deflection.

VDS on the other hand, I wouldn't expect that from an amateur.

Name Changed

weso26
ha ha, so it was Evra's fault that VDS did that? That's like saying Rooney missed an easy chance and that resulting counter attack ended up with VDS gifting a goal to their centre forward, Rooney is also at fault :lol:

The 2nd goal was the fault of ONE man, fair play to VDS though, he rarely makes mistakes.
So you think it can only be one person's fault for a goal? It was bad defending, horrendous defending in fact by Evra which led to the goal. I can't believe that you think that Evra not doing his job properly had no effect on the goal.

ciderman9000000

I think you can only 'blame' keepers for mistakes if they make them regularly. VDS doesn't. We can blame the fact that he's a human being susceptible to the laws of averages; kick enough balls at a man and sooner or later he's gonna drop one. VDS isn't error-prone, but he's not error-proof either, in fact he's very consistently great at what he does; we should praise him for his qualities rather than blame him when the time comes that he eventually makes a mistake.

As for Evra i'm not sure what he's supposed to have done wrong.

Name Changed

weso26
As for Evra i'm not sure what he's supposed to have done wrong.
Gave the ball away originally by running needlessly into a WBA player which started the attack. Then, during that attack, the ball came to him and he had an easy chance to clear it, but kicked it about ten yards to a WBA player just outside the box. They subsequently scored a few seconds afterwards. That's what he did wrong.

RedLars

First goal, if anything, was the fault of the wall. Why the hell jump there?

Saliph

The cause of todays defeated though? Not by a long shot. Van Der Sar should take the full brunt of the criticism.
I wouldn't blame Gibson for todays tie, no.

But he's not good enough. Far from it.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Evra and VDS are generally reliable. They're not super-human who never make mistakes, but their mistakes are few. I'm not even sure Evra did make a mistake anyway.

You can't pick out two players and blame the result on a lack of concentration or a fluke - what about the rest of the game and the rest of the performances.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Evra is seriously out of form.

He looks ok going forward but seems disinterested when defending. His positioning on numerous occasions in the second half was very worrying. The sort of stuff that Rafael is guilty of....but not from an international captain of his class.

Something is up but not sure what....

Commadus

We are conceding poor goals - sloppy goals. Some due to individual errors others due to sheer bad luck - multiple deflections.

We are not playing bad going forward -it seems we just take our foot off the gas. Now why is that?

Laphroaig

He looks ok going forward but seems disinterested when defending. His positioning on numerous occasions in the second half was very worrying. The sort of stuff that Rafael is guilty of....but not from an international captain of his class.

Something is up but not sure what....
Exhaustion, I would guess. He played 58 games for club and country last season (and 57 in 08/09), before going to the WC, and I'm sure the aftermath has not helped.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

Agreed, and I've thought the same for a while now, there has been a few occasions of late where I've thought he'd looked a bit dodgy at the back.

Ok you cant blame him for a deflection but they got down our left far too easy to get the free kick.

finneh

To be honest a finger could be pointed at around five people. VDS, Evra, Gibson for being shit, Berbatov for missing an absolute sitter (3-0 = game over) or Fergie for waiting so long to change it/dodgy subs.

Alex

Evra was poor from the get go yesterday. Can't really blame for the goal though

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Evra needs to walk the talk. He's been coming out after every game saying the team needs to step up and tighten the defence, but he's not showing it yet. He looks ordinary and not like the player we know and love. Once he's back on form, it'll be a great boost to our attack and our defence.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Aye, I said the same last season when he was giving the "I have a dream" speech after every bad result but was not doing anything about it, and it has carried on to this season as well.
Think the bullshit with France has carried over and affected his form for us so far.

Uncle Junior

Think the bullshit with France has carried over and affected his form for us so far.
Yeah, I agree. But I still think that he doesn't need to give an interview after nearly every bad result and unnecessarily get involved with the media. He's passionate about the club and it shows in the interviews and on the field but I think we can do without them.

Stretch

VDS cost us 2 points on Saturday but there's been manier occasion where he gained us 2 points or even 1 point. Yeah, yeah, we're not ruthless but we're by no means out of it yet. Look on the bright side, we can only get better.

Denis' cuff

maybe it's karma after all the OGs last season

but really, I'd be more worried if we weren't creating - Carlos Queiroz is at a loose end - get him back, at least temporarily

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
How come people are not blaming them, they were both at fault for the WBA goals.....I am so angry with both of them right now.
Because the the cafe has the unspoken rule than only the young and learning get blamed. :D

Any way. On a more serious note, the entire back 5 was to blame for the first goal. They didn't organise the wall properly, didn't direct it and they didn't cover the near post. It was piss poor defending all round. The second goal was just a one in a while goalie gaffe.