F1 2021 Season

Leg-End

That was very much unsportsmanlike from Lewis and Merc. Never said it's illegal. I'm sure everyone on here would be fuming if the tables were turned.

Anyway, I'm out of this thread. It's clear there is a bias to Hamilton here. Which I get with his nationality. No point in arguing further.
It really wasn’t, both cars could have overtaken him if they wanted to, Hamilton did a slower outlap on his pole lap, Bottas was exactly ahead of Hamilton at the final two corners on the warmup lap, Max made the line anyway, Perez should have made it but misjudged it, oh and the track moved away from everyone and nobody improved.

Horner doesn’t care about it, Max doesn’t. But yeah bias in here isn’t it.

pauldyson1uk

That was very much unsportsmanlike from Lewis and Merc. Never said it's illegal. I'm sure everyone on here would be fuming if the tables were turned.

Anyway, I'm out of this thread. It's clear there is a bias to Hamilton here. Which I get with his nationality. No point in arguing further.
HA HA maybe you should read the whole thread instead of just the since the last race, just as many dont like has like him.
Horner has just said , he maybe would have done the same, get over it.

MTF

It literally had no impact on the timings, but I’m sure everyone will moan for the next 24 hours :boring:
I don't think it would have made a difference in the order, because I don't think that Verstappen had a 15.4 in him, and the track seemed like it got slower maybe. Also Perez sure wasn't improving from 4th... but still as a spectator I do prefer watching everyone getting one last "clean" attempt are their best time.

pauldyson1uk

I don't think it would have made a difference in the order, because I don't think that Verstappen had a 15.4 in him, and the track seemed like it got slower maybe. Also Perez sure wasn't improving from 4th... but still as a spectator I do prefer watching everyone getting one last "clean" attempt are their best time.
This I can understand, last lap of Q3 should be all about speed.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Never ceases to amaze me that if you happen to have a different view of something to someone it must be because of bias or being a fan boy, I never came into this thread much and can see why now really, those who don’t like Hamilton are like a bunch of children.

I’ve never been a Hamilton fan but can appreciate what he’s done and laugh at his sportsmanship and what happened last weekend without bias or being a fanboy. Same as if roles were reversed with Verstappen, the most likeable drivers on the grid imo are Lando and Ricciardo, and then Vettel. Dare I have an opinion on the top of the grid!

Dan

Loved seeing Verstappen shut down that reporter in the press conference just then.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Above all else, it’s good for the sport that merc are looking faster again. Two races ago it looked as though max/RB were going to run away with it. We’ve got a real chance of a really competitive season between them both this year

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Anyone got a video of Max in the press conference? I turned it on just as he was finishing

pauldyson1uk

Never ceases to amaze me that if you happen to have a different view of something to someone it must be because of bias or being a fan boy, I never came into this thread much and can see why now really, those who don’t like Hamilton are like a bunch of children.

I’ve never been a Hamilton fan but can appreciate what he’s done and laugh at his sportsmanship and what happened last weekend without bias or being a fanboy. Same as if roles were reversed with Verstappen, the most likeable drivers on the grid imo are Lando and Ricciardo, and then Vettel. Dare I have an opinion on the top of the grid!
This season has been pretty bad I will agree, normally I find it pretty balanced.
Both Max and Lewis fan can be pretty vocal and that is good , after all its what the thread is for, but some of the comments have been a bit OTT since Sliverstone.
Please give us your thoughts.

Fridge chutney

It's about bloody time Max stopped complaining like an entitled clown.

Anyway, I don't think this forum is particularly biased towards Lewis. After all, Red Bull are led by an English guy and headquartered in England. Mercedes are a German team led by an Austrian.

Lewis gets a lot of hate and love, in large part because his views are progressive, anti-establishment, and controversial. He is plant-based/vegan, only owns electric vehicles and is a leading advocate for the shift away from gas combustion-engines, an advocate of equality and opportunity in the face of racism, and doing so in a systemically racist sport. He stands up for what he believes in and I respect him for that. I don't care where he was born or comes from. He's also the most talented driver I've seen in my lifetime, and possibly the greatest overall sportsman.

I will credit red bull and Verstappen. They are making it very interesting this year, which is great for F1. I hope it continues (minus the silly drama).

Rooney1987

You know you’ve lost a debate when your last argument is English bias. Especially in a thread like this when it’s 50/50 on Lewis.

Anyway I do wish Sky kept Rosberg who is a superior pundit to likes of Button and Di Resta. Seriously how does Di Resta get a pundit job, he’s so mundane.

ArjenIsM3

As I suspected the Mercs are faster again with the Silverstone update. Unless RB manage to turn it around again that'll be #8 for Hamilton I think.

Jev

How is he dirty?
I think he was pushing it in the last race. Don't know whether he should have had a penalty but he certainly had very, very broad elbows. The over-the-top celebrations considering the circumstances didn't put him in a good light. Today was pretty clearly a dirty attempt at cheating within the laws in my view. His generally entitled and arrogant behaviour doesn't endeer himself to people either.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The idea this forum is biased toward Lewis because he’s English is so absurd - especially after the glee many felt on here after the euros final. I was neutral, they’re both unbelievable drivers and I just wanted to see a close battle. Then Horner insinuated Hamilton deliberately crashed into Verstappen and claimed he celebrated when he was injured in hospital which helped feed a torrent of racist abuse Hamilton’s way - some of which from red bull employees. As such they can now quite frankly go get fecked.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What do we make of Gasly? He has absolutely shone this year. But can’t help but feel he might not get another shot in a faster car.
good driver but in the perez bracket IMO. will be a solid lead driver at Alpline in the future I think.

Got a bit lucky today as people that could have gone faster than him couldn’t due to the track evolution.

If Norris had a fresh set of tyres in his first Q3 run he would have been 4th IMO

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can't say I'm Horner's biggest fan and he definitely fanned the flames on this to an embarrassing point but let's not act like hateful and disgusting social media comments is something new. This was arguably the biggest and potentially most decisive incident in F1 in a very long time and there are countless idiots out there who will abuse anyone who gets in the way of their favorite driver, especially if the WC is on the line.

Athletes and celebreties in general recieve hate for dating the wrong person or changing their opinion on which fast food chain is the best, so that both Max and Lewis were abused after last weekend is about as surprising as the sun rising. I'm positive that Horner contributed to it, but it would've been really, really bad even if he hadn't.
and what about the red bull team member racially abusing hamilton? you think he’d do that unless he was fired up from his team bosses? not a chance.

Horner needs to be more responsible.

Fully Fledged

I think he was pushing it in the last race. Don't know whether he should have had a penalty but he certainly had very, very broad elbows. The over-the-top celebrations considering the circumstances didn't put him in a good light. Today was pretty clearly a dirty attempt at cheating within the laws in my view. His generally entitled and arrogant behaviour doesn't endeer himself to people either.
:lol:
You can't cheat within the rules. Cheating is by definition breaking the rules.

Hephaestus

Hamilton was 4 seconds quicker on that final outlap than on his previous one, as @hellhunter pointed out on the previous page it was a 2:10 compared to a 2:14 earlier in Q3 (and a 2:17 in Q2) and yet it was "clearly a dirty attempt at cheating within the laws"? That makes less than zero sense.

Fluctuation0161

1) last race has been reviewed by most drivers to be a racing incident. The FIA said.predominatly Hamiltons fault, so 60/40 maybe 70/30 but not much in it. Max has done exactly the same on the inside line of corners before.

2) the celebrations line is absolutely ridiculous. He won his home GP. Max got out of the car fine and the had some precautionary hospital tests. He is fine.

3) today his outlap was faster the second time round and he was behind Bottas so couldn't go much faster. Horner said he would do the same. Actually RB should've got Max put quicker.

So none of your comments point to Hamilton being "dirty".

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
1) last race has been reviewed by most drivers to be a racing incident. The FIA said.predominatly Hamiltons fault, so 60/40 maybe 70/30 but not much in it. Max has done exactly the same on the inside line of corners before.

2) the celebrations line is absolutely ridiculous. He won his home GP. Max got out of the car fine and the had some precautionary hospital tests. He is fine.

3) today his outlap was faster the second time round and he was behind Bottas so couldn't go much faster. Horner said he would do the same. Actually RB should've got Max put quicker.

So none of your comments point to Hamilton being "dirty".
Logic v unbridled bias.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
You’re welcome to your opinions but please, in forming them base them on facts.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Going to be really interesting into T1 tomorrow. Max with the soft tyres and slip stream, has a real shot into T1/2. Bottas getting away well will be quite important in this respect for Hamilton too.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Looks like Mercs are faster and have them covered on strategy so outside of the start probably a boring race up front.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
So looks like it was his fastest outlap of qualifying by seconds and people are calling him a cheat :confused:
Perhaps Perez and crew should manage track position, gapping, and timing better.

Pscholes18

Yeah Max needs to have a good solid race tomorrow. Eventually Mercs will get by, let them go, move onto the next race. Just afraid he'll do something stupid, run too hard, make a mistake for nothing.

dinostar77

What do we make of Gasly? He has absolutely shone this year. But can’t help but feel he might not get another shot in a faster car.
He's just gotta keep doing what hes doing and hope in the future he can get into a potential championship winning McLaren / Ferrari / Alpine.

dinostar77

Tomorrow's start should be interesting. RB have been better at getting off the line than the Mercs recently. The delta between the Softs and Mediums is huge so i expect both Mercedes need perfect launches to keep the RBs behind them into turn 1. Though even if one of the RB got past its not the end of the world as Mercs are on the Mediums and can be patient.

Being 1st going into turn one is key tomorrow as you dont want to be following any in any cars dirty hot air when track temps at 60c.

Interesting gamesmanship from Hamilton today, out of the schmacher/alonso book of being a wiley old fox. Glad Horner didnt make too much out of it as it was a mistake from RB strategists to have max come out after the Mercs.