F1 2021 Season

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Lewis pit has really put Red Bull on the back foot here

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I believe it is a 2 stop race (?) so assume Red Bull will try to undercut or hope they are faster at the end.

Hephaestus

Vettel v Alonso, nice to see that again.

Max is catching so quickly and he will probably pit next given the mediums so will get that monster undercut. He'll then just have to defend at the end if Hamilton catches him.

MTF

I believe it is a 2 stop race (?) so assume Red Bull will try to undercut or hope they are faster at the end.
I think for it to work he will have to overtake Hamilton twice, once on this set of tyres, then stop and overtake again on softs.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Will the hards on the Mercedes in theory make it to the end of the race?

F-Red

Not even half way through, Verstappen will come back and it'll be a close finish. Merc look quicker on the hards.

Leg-End

Just happy it appears the front two are close on race pace, Mercedes probably are going to catch up a bit anyway once they get the rear sorted but this is what F1 needs.

Rooney1987

Hamilton vs Verstappen, Norris vs Leclerc, Vettel vs Alonso, Alonso vs Sainz and Checco going through the entire pack. More excitement in half a race then the whole of last season.

MTF

Starting to think now that Verstappen's chances at the win are slim. Mercedes just holds all the cards. They can match Hamilton's stop to Verstappen's, plus use Bottas in any extra strategy ploys.

Verstappen right now just not fast enough to offset any of that.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Hamilton vs Verstappen, Norris vs Leclerc, Vettel vs Alonso, Alonso vs Sainz and Checco going through the entire pack. More excitement in half a race then entirety on whole of last season.
It could be the best season for F1 in terms of actual on track battles in years, I can't remember the last time I seen the cars actually racing each other so much.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Verstappen is starting to get close. There is some action to come.

pauldyson1uk

Starting to think now that Verstappen's chances at the win are slim. Mercedes just holds all the cards. They can match Hamilton's stop to Verstappen's, plus use Bottas in any extra strategy ploys.

Verstappen right now just not fast enough to offset any of that.
Max is catching Lewis,6+ seconds to 1.7 there is 20+ laps left and a pit each to go.
Lewis is a master at staying in front, Max will be itching to overtake and could make a mistake.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Forget what I said about action. Hamilton pits. Interesting stuff.

Tiber

One of these days Max will get some help from a team mate

MTF

It could be the best season for F1 in terms of actual on track battles in years, I can't remember the last time I seen the cars actually racing each other so much.
Hope it continues. Also Bahrain is a great track for racing.
OH was not expecting Lewis to pit so soon, with new hards.
I'm so lost from the point of view of optimal Verstappen strategy with this. Shows why the strategists earn their paychecks, except at Ferrari.