F1 2021 Season

Jack-C20

So is this similar to Monaco and Ferrari? Do Red Bull check the internals the best they can and go for it or just change it just in case? That impact didn’t look as bad as LeClerc but you never know.

The Hilton

Such a shame. He had that lap completely nailed. Just one corner left.
The start tomorrow will be very interesting
It's the downside of pushing right to the limit - that's the problem with pushing so hard, if you push slightly too hard it goes wrong.

It looks like he tried to stay on the throttle when he had a lock up on the final corner, and that sent him in to the wall.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Have to feel for Max, he was giving it all and then some, he wanted that pole.
He could have done some big damage, gearbox, suspension damage.
Pole lap from Lewis was excellent, but Max was faster.
Because he took more risk and paid the price for it. His lap could've been over after the first corner

Leg-End

Mercs have good race pace, that was pretty key locking out the front row.

Might come down to Max’s gearbox now, if they run it tomorrow it’s risky but if they change it, that’s a grid drop.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Mercs have good race pace, that was pretty key locking out the front row.

Might come down to Max’s gearbox now, if they run it tomorrow it’s risky but if they change it, that’s a grid drop.
Max didn't sound confident when asked the question but who knows.

The Hilton

Because he took more risk and paid the price for it. His lap could've been over after the first corner
Yeah was gonna say, he definitely was faster, until he wasn't. His lap was right on the edge, and in that case one little mistake will cost you, which it did.

Leg-End

Max didn't sound confident when asked the question but who knows.
They are very fragile for this rear tyre impacts, Leclerc paid the price at Monaco once for a very similar incident. I would be surprised if they run that gearbox for fear it will fail in the race, neither can afford a DNF now.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I must say I’m cheering for Hamilton mainly due to what a colossal bellend Horner is but that lap was on course to be one of the best I’ve seen. On the absolute limit on every corner at this track - he’s a phenomenal driver. I was gutted he couldn’t finish it off.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
They are very fragile for this rear tyre impacts, Leclerc paid the price at Monaco once for a very similar incident. I would be surprised if they run that gearbox for fear it will fail in the race, neither can afford a DNF now.
Was a fairly light impact though, I'd surprised if it's not ok.

Jippy

Staff
I must say I’m cheering for Hamilton mainly due to what a colossal bellend Horner is but that lap was on course to be one of the best I’ve seen. On the absolute limit on every corner at this track - he’s a phenomenal driver. I was gutted he couldn’t finish it off.
Yeah it was incredible, absolutely on the edge, no wonder he looked so gutted.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Anyone have split times for the laps including the their first runs. I think Hamilton made up a lot of time in the 3rd sector so Max was probably right to keep pushing.

The Cat

Just watched it again and you can hear his engine revs increase, resulting in oversteer just before hitting the wall.
Yes was definitely oversteer.

What an enthralling season though however it goes I've not been this interested for over 15 years.

The Cat

Bloody hell they've just shown slow mos of the quick laps - that track really is insane as everyone has said - you are talking 2 inches between glory or disaster.

Jippy

Staff
Light ! His car bounced of the wall, I will be shocked if not caused more damage.
I thought the lock up and oversteer took a lot of pace out of the car before the contact with the wall. I guess we'll find out later.

I'm extremely disappointed I'm going to miss it tomorrow, as it starts at 1:30am for me and I can't record it.

United Hobbit

It's definitely been the best season in years, like others have said, I hope it doesn't come down to those farcial events in Belgium, but I think it will. Previous seasons it was long over at this point.

Hope both Max and Lewis finish tomorrow and it goes down to the final laps of the last race.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Incredible track, so fast.
There will be carnage tomorrow.
Must admit I expected it to be way wider.

If 2 cars tangle trying to overtake and end up slap bang in the middle of the track, there could be a huge accident.

I really hope nothing bad happens and this track is purely a 1 off. As cool as it is it's just too fast for the lack of vision.

Dan_F

I think the best everyone can hope for is that it doesn’t come down to bad luck tomorrow. Max will still have a chance in the final race regardless of what happens tomorrow, so I’m not sure why people are worried that a five place penalty tomorrow will effect that.

BristolRuss

The BBC are reporting that Max has broken his suspension, but they are saying he will only get a penalty if he has to change his gearbox. Is that correct? I didn't think you were allowed to work on the cars in parc fermé without receiving a penalty, so how are they going to repair his suspension?

Hephaestus

The BBC are reporting that Max has broken his suspension, but they are saying he will only get a penalty if he has to change his gearbox. Is that correct? I didn't think you were allowed to work on the cars in parc fermé without receiving a penalty, so how are they going to repair his suspension?
You can repair or replace damaged parts under parc ferme as long as you're replacing like for like assuming the car would be unsafe to race in it's current state (which obviously this would). Ferrari changed Leclerc's chassis in Qatar for example due to a crack in qualifying.

dinostar77

Have to feel for Max, he was giving it all and then some, he wanted that pole.
He could have done some big damage, gearbox, suspension damage.
Pole lap from Lewis was excellent, but Max was faster.
Max is so unlucky, absolutely deserved pole, balls to the wall lap. If he had kept that together that probably would have been one of his greatest pole laps.

Q. Is it better to be 2nd or 3rd from the start for the run down to turn 1?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Max is so unlucky, absolutely deserved pole, balls to the wall lap. If he had kept that together that probably would have been one of his greatest pole laps.

How is he unlucky? He drove too close to the limit and made a mistake. Sure he was flying, but then he lost control because he took too much risk.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
a lot of people are being quite harsh on verstappen. it’s a night track and the light can play tricks on you. he caught a reflection of his own car in his visor and automatically tried to run it into the wall. by the time he realised the car was his it was too late.

dinostar77

How is he unlucky? He drove too close to the limit and made a mistake. Sure he was flying, but then he lost control because he took too much risk.
Because that's what you want to see from F1. The best drivers on the absolute limit. He was one corner away from going 0.4 seconds quicker than lewis. If he had, it would have been up there with Lewis's Singapore lap from 2018. Brilliant track btw. F1 needs more like these,not the watered down rubbish we have at some places with loads of run off areas.

Edit: just realised this track is a free dlc on f1 2021. Well I'm off to download it now, cause I want a go at it. Hope the game conveys the speed of the onboard.

Last edited:

Hephaestus

Based on the F2, 2nd. Quite a short run down to the first corner here so the slipstream won't have too much of an impact.
a lot of people are being quite harsh on verstappen. it’s a night track and the light can play tricks on you. he caught a reflection of his own car in his visor and automatically tried to run it into the wall. by the time he realised the car was his it was too late.
:lol: