F1 2021 Season

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Getting high and mighty over Max's attitude. At his age just look at Lewis or Michael. Same story. Just competitiveness.

Darkhorsez

Horner is such a dick! Saying first sector is driver skills based and straights are car performance. What a twat!

pauldyson1uk

Horner on that Max-Lewis incident
The Red Bull team principal says this to Sky F1:
"I think we feel hard done by with the 5-second penalty and in the incident where Lewis has driven up the back of Max, they'll go and explain in front of the stewards, but Max was trying to give the place up."
Yeah ok Horner !

Fluctuation0161

Horner is such a dick! Saying first sector is driver skills based and straights are car performance. What a twat!
Horner claiming Lewis was playing games going for DRS activation line.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was Max who decided to try and brake to give the place back and use the DRS activation line to gain an advantage despite him being at fault.

hobbers

I think you misunderstand F1 fans desire for fair racing and are confusing it with wanting the title to be decided by a penalty.
Of course, that sounds a lot better than just saying you want a race decided before it starts out of fear.

On the fair racing point though, I suspect a lot of people posting haven't actually watched any F1 out of the turbo-hybrid-Mercedes era. Because when there's two drivers in a proper title fight, it's never fair. Even the one proper title fight we had in that era, Rosberg vs Hamilton, was defined by dirty racing and bad luck.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Yeah his interview was ridiculous, you can see why Max is such a piece of work, just need to look at his boss.
at least he’s got his dad with him to fight the good fight and keep him on the straight and narrow.

Abizzz

Of course, that sounds a lot better than just saying you want a race decided before it starts out of fear.

On the fair racing point though, I suspect a lot of people posting haven't actually watched any F1 out of the turbo-hybrid-Mercedes era. Because when there's two drivers in a proper title fight, it's never fair. Even the one proper title fight we had in that era, Rosberg vs Hamilton, was defined by dirty racing and bad luck.
I've never seen anyone as dirty as Max at the top of F1. Michael was a saint in comparison. Max does an entire career's worth of dirty tricks in 3-4 races.

Fluctuation0161

It sounds better because its true.

I've been watching F1 for nearly 30 years. I have only been this disgusted with a driver when Schumacher took out Damon Hill. That was one incident, Max has a whole reel of equivalent incidents.

Such a shame because I want to like Max. Such a fast driver. But dirty.

United Hobbit

Perez hasn't helped RB in the constructors over the course of the year, I'm surprised they've kept him on

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I don’t see why the sky crew are so confused about why Hamilton didn’t go past?

Hamilton didn’t know Max was going to let him past. In that context it’s obviously confusing if the car in front is suddenly slowing down because you don’t know why. So you might be thinking something might have happened up the road? It’s not usual for a car to suddenly go slow, so without knowing he is letting you past, naturally you’d have no idea what was going on?
Exactly that.
We need to remember how low these drivers sit in the car.
It is now clear that Hamilton was completely unaware of why Verstappen was slowing and still had his car in the middle of the track.
Could have been anything in front.
And he said that he was trying to be careful.
To me, it does not look like Verstappen was deliberately 'brake testing Hamilton'.
But let's see what the Stewards decide.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I really don’t think Max tried to purposely cause a collision, but I’m not sure. Hamilton obviously didn’t because then both crashing out only costs him.

I really just think it was confusion. Without Hamilton knowing Max was letting him through you would naturally be totally confused what was going on. Tactics? Incident up ahead? Did Max have an issue? Could be anything, because without that information it was just not normal.

I would be interested in the telemetry though. I would say Max could have just moved out the way, but he veered into the middle and then side to side a bit. And I would want to know if he slammed the brakes there or not.

hobbers

To me, it does not look like Verstappen was deliberately 'brake testing Hamilton'.
It clearly wasn't, because he gains nothing from brake testing him. Just as Hamilton had nothing to gain from hitting him. Max was expecting Lewis to know he was giving the place up and Lewis was just unaware because he hadn't been told.

But some people are far too rabid and bitter to understand that apparently.