F1 2021 Season

dinostar77

Mercedes designs the car to suit around Lewis's style, whereas Red Bull designs theirs to cater solely for Max. It's why Bottas can outperform Perez all season despite the Red Bull having the better car for the majority of the season.

Have them swap cars and Lewis would beat Max all day, everyday. He's never had a car solely designed around him before in his career unlike Max.
Perez about 3/4 races ago went away from the verstappen setup to his own and his results improved. Max's driving style suits a car that will oversteer rather than understeer. The back end can snap but max can correct this mid corner this is where albion, gasly and perez struggled.

Mercedes would take input from both drivers but primarily ensure that the car suited lewis. Same as mclaren do with lando at the moment. Riccardo problems are in the braking zone with the mclaren, his style and Landos dont match. If you arent the no1 driver in the team you have to adapt.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
After Max went full delusional scouser, I'm edging it with Hamilton.

But all in all I don't really care, I just want an entertaining race. Imagine how rough it'll be after all this build up to get another standard boring F1 procession race.

saivet

Planning to watch the full race today. It will be the first full race I will watch since the 2009 season, which put me off the sport despite being a huge fan growing up.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I have a feeling it’ll be an anti climax and max will dominate from the start

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Do people enjoy brindles gridwalks? I always find them massively cringey :lol:
I love them for that reason. Martins had a good bunch of celebrities today. I like it when he comes across the arseholes always makes me laugh!

JTW95

Gullible sausage
My prediction is that Max will get away quick at the start with them soft tyres. The drama will come later in the race when strategy comes in to play.

United Hobbit

This almost feels like the wait before a big United game. Would be fantastic if it goes down to the last corner

Loved the interview with Lando

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Both wiped out the the first corner followed by a dull race dominated by discussion over whether Max will be given a points ban.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He's awesome, good mate of Max too right?
I think he's best mates with Russell. (Think Lando or Russell said so themselves.) I think that golden generation of kids (incl Alex) growing up weren't that close to Max. When they were mucking around, Max was rarely part of that group.

Dan_F

This almost feels like the wait before a big United game. Would be fantastic if it goes down to the last corner

Loved the interview with Lando
I was just thinking that too. Then I tried to think of the last big United game I was this nervous for and depressed myself a bit.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I have no real stake in this really but I'm nervous as feck.

United Hobbit

Wow just seen about Mazepin getting Covid, he was qualifying yesterday, so glad we haven't lost Lewis or Max to it as that would have completely popped any excitement and made the victory a little hollow

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Will we know the viewership ratings after the match? I'm really curious what this race will do for F1 viewership worldwide.

United Hobbit

I was just thinking that too. Then I tried to think of the last big United game I was this nervous for and depressed myself a bit.
Yes, I think that's the trouble it's been so long since we've jad a big United game to get excited for. Urgh! Thank feck for F1!

redshaw

I'd like Lewis to win but it feels poised for a new name in Max, he is the real deal as well.

Hopefully the tyres and maybe track conditions favour Lewis a bit more to make it really even.

Wilt

Wouldn’t be surprised if neither win the race.

It’s a straight match …winning the the race don’t matter.