F1 2021 Season

Dan_F

Looking forward to watching it back later. Had to drop someone off at the airport and caught five laps on my phone while they were checking in. Just happened to see the crash.

I thought it was more Max’s fault live, but didn’t really see a proper replay. It seemed like Lewis had every right to that line and Max just expected to be waved through, despite being behind.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Verstappen with a bit more patience might have overtaken Hamilton by the next chicane.
i would say the very opposite, Hamilton on mediums had a good chance to get Verstappen. He was on the hards, i doubt he would have passed a MERC on the mediums.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That’s pretty much it, I wouldn’t be surprised if he got a grid penalty though. After what di resta was saying about Lewis leaving him room just after the 1st corner both would probably have been aided if Lewis shut him off completely making him go through the corner instead, because we all know if max sees the slightest of gaps he’ll try it.

Yeah it’s saved a lot of lives since it has come in, didn’t it save alonso a few years ago with it holding the weight of the car on it, when it first came in I was more in favour of the Indy car one with the screen.
Yeah he had a crash at Spa where a car landed on his head and took a big chunk out of the halo.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The move was never really on for Max but if it was any other drivers we wouldn’t be talking about it being anything other than a racing incident.

If drivers stopped attempting slightly risky overtakes how boring would F1 be?
F1 is a VERY thin line between a good pass and a bad one. It's very difficult to judge which a lot of instances are called racing incidents.

On this occasion though Max should have never even attempted it, the risk was far too high.

rednotled

Probably because he was stood right next to Lewis' car watching him try to reverse out. :lol:

As accidents go Silverstone was a massive crash. This was an awkward low speed crash. Trying to equate the two is absurd.
Yup - just a low speed crash - nothing to see here...

Fluctuation0161

Because it's accurate and it clearly annoys the hell out of the people it applies to.

I'm just a simple Norris fan who likes playing devils advocate in a thread where the balance is always tilted by spoilt whiny Hamilton fans.
:lol:

So transparent. But not because of your glass house.

Edit: those bloody fanboy stewards.

Last edited:

diarm

Imagine the heat coming off that tyre so close to your head!

When Max tried to drive back off the car after it had come to a stop, Lewis must have absolutely shit himself!

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Best F1 season for years.

I dont care for Mercedes or Verstappen but this is what F1 should be like.
Both teams are showing the pressure.

Biggest problem with F1 is the inconsistancey when the penalties get handed out.

Well done McLaren.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
In racing maybe not, in the scheme of f1 he drove for force India for a few years. He’s got a bee in his bonnet imo
a bee in his bonnet about what? he is a decent bloke who has driven F1 and has an opinion.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
a bee in his bonnet about what? he is a decent bloke who has driven F1 and has an opinion.
What’s him being a decent bloke got to do with anything, I never said otherwise.

I think he was wrong talking about this and glad hill pulled him up on it or disagreed with him

have a google of Paul di resta Hamilton.

pauldyson1uk

3 place grid drop, I think pretty much odds on RB will take their new engine at Sochi, meaning the penalty is null and void really.
If they do FIA might take a dim view if it and say, the penalty will taken at the race after.

dinostar77

Damon Hill suggested max knew what he was doing and did it on purpose to protect his lead in the championship. His words not mine.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
bit confused why Mercedes pitted Hamilton on lap 26. Surely on the hards he could have ran longer then been very strong at the end.

would 27 laps on the mediums not been pushing it a bit?

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Interesting they went with a penalty, similar to Silverstone but worse for Red Bull as they can’t apply a time penalty. The point that other drivers avoided similar crashes by taking to the escape road/bumps including his team mate probably swung it. Almost certain that he takes the new engine then surely? I can’t remember how Russia is for overtaking though.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
bit confused why Mercedes pitted Hamilton on lap 26. Surely on the hards he could have ran longer then been very strong at the end.

Track position I imagine, if they didn’t make the mistake in the pit-stop for that extra second or two they would’ve come out ahead of Norris. The others on newer tyres probably would’ve closed any gap after another lap.

Fully Fledged

Max's 11 second pitstop pretty much forced their hand as they should have got out clear of Max if they didn't have a poor pitstop too.

dinostar77

That suprised me as well. You would have thought they would go long +10 laps to give lewis fresher tyres after his stop to challenge those in front of him.

Fully Fledged

Interesting they went with a penalty, similar to Silverstone but worse for Red Bull as they can’t apply a time penalty. The point that other drivers avoided similar crashes by taking to the escape road/bumps including his team mate probably swung it. Almost certain that he takes the new engine then surely? I can’t remember how Russia is for overtaking though.
How big a penalty is an engine? I thought it was only 10 places. If so wouldn't that mean he would have a 13 place penalty?

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Max's 11 second pitstop pretty much forced their hand as they should have got out clear of Max if they didn't have a poor pitstop too.
i get that, but surely 27 laps on the mediums was pushing it.
Had he gone another 6-7 laps he would have had a big advantage on fresh mediums.
Bottas was flying on the mediums until they went off.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Actually not sure if you are being serious about this.. a fecking car landed on top of him. The lack of humanity from people is hilarious
As Max was climbing out of his car Lewis tried at least twice to reverse out from under him, after he's out of his car and walking alongside the Merc Lewis tries yet again to reverse out.

Could Max have said/done something to acknowledge Lewis in that situation, sure, but if you're 2m away from someone who is repeatedly trying to get back on track and continue racing I'm pretty sure the reasonable conclusion is that the guy is fine and a thumbs up from him at that point isn't that crucial.

If I lack humanity for holding that opinion then so be it.

Fluctuation0161