F1 2021 Season

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If the race director is allowed to make discretionary decisions (which Sky seem to be saying he does) then you're right.
If that’s how it’s ruled, F1 is over as a sport and it becomes entertainment only, like WWE. It also opens it up to all sorts of issues with the bookies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If the race director is allowed to make discretionary decisions (which Sky seem to be saying he does) then you're right.
Yes the race director is allowed. Based on safety etc.

Ixion

Safety cars have been around forever mate. Extremely unfair at times. Hamilton has been on the other side plenty of times.
They disregarded their own rules. You're arguing nonsense. You say you want racing, well Hamilton was clearly the better driver today, then say its just bad luck and ignore rules were bent.

pauldyson1uk

Was trying to avoid the result, so I can watch tonight, but ny brother in law who's expecting a baby text me the result. I had my phone data off and just checked his message incase it was about the baby. He doesnt even watch f1 normally. So mad.

Will watch the highlights tonight now, have seen the first lap incident. From what I've read, sound like FIA cheated lewis out of a deserved victory and got what they wanted. Schmachers 7 world titles not being beaten, by a black man who will wear a rainbow helmet.

Gutted for lewis. It's a new dawn in f1 racing, rules of engagement are different now. Its lunging down in the inside, pushing people off track and bumper cars. Shame the likes of Senna, mansell, piquet and schmacher arent around to stick max into a wall.
OH Come stop with this , it is complete and utter rubbish.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
no matter what is decided, it’s not going to fix what happened today. it’s like this old family saying we have, “you can’t unfeck the turkey, rimaldo, christmas is ruined.”
:lol:

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
So much for wanting a fair race :lol:
Formula 1 has never been fair with the safety cars. Strange people all of a sudden realize this when their favorite driver loses. People in here were cheering when Bottas took out Verstappen via Norris. Was also extremely unfair. It happens. Part of racing.

MTF

what ever happens Masi should never be in charge of an F1 race ever again
Agree, and essentially just for making up his own safety car procedures. If it's anti-climactic (ending behind SC) then it's anti-climactic, if it's unfair like a SC happening 3 laps earlier and everything done by the books and Verstappen taking it, then that's fine too. Follow the rules and the chips will fall as they may, but you can't be a legitimate referee if you're making up procedure that clearly favors any one team or driver even in a single circumstance.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Was trying to avoid the result, so I can watch tonight, but ny brother in law who's expecting a baby text me the result. I had my phone data off and just checked his message incase it was about the baby. He doesnt even watch f1 normally. So mad.

Will watch the highlights tonight now, have seen the first lap incident. From what I've read, sound like FIA cheated lewis out of a deserved victory and got what they wanted. Schmachers 7 world titles not being beaten, by a black man who will wear a rainbow helmet.

Gutted for lewis. It's a new dawn in f1 racing, rules of engagement are different now. Its lunging down in the inside, pushing people off track and bumper cars. Shame the likes of Senna, mansell, piquet and schmacher arent around to stick max into a wall.
oh dear

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Because they gambled on safety car going till the end.
Basically Merc had much faster car today but made wrong decision on every possible step (covering Max when Hamilton could go much further, not pitting on VSC and not oitting on SC). Toto should probably strees his anger on his team instead of damaging sports reputation.
Was it the wrong decision

They said on the radio that it finishes under safety car

There wasn't time for everybody to Unlap

If they didn't unlap they had several cars to protect them

Yet somehow the fia changes their rules to unlap only the cars between Lewis and max

I'm.not sure merc could have accounted for that

Unless they said let's be careful... bunchbof homophones racists in the fia might look to find the only way possible to Rob the only black driver and the only driver with the balls to protest lbgqt rights in Saudi/ abui Dhabi... harsh to say it was the wrong decision

Balljy

Safety cars have been around forever mate. Extremely unfair at times. Hamilton has been on the other side plenty of times.
I've never seen them only allow the cars between 1st and 2nd place unlap themselves rather than all of them though. I've also never seen them not wait until the lapped cars have caught onto the back of the rest either.

prateik

Would Hamilton have pitted a 2nd time at some point if Perez hadnt held him up and shaved 6-7 seconds off his lead?

Leg-End

Just get rid of Masi, install a system that works and stop the lobbying from teams during the race.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If that’s how it’s ruled, F1 is over as a sport and it becomes entertainment only, like WWE. It also opens it up to all sorts of issues with the bookies.
They will likely clarify the rules further which happens alot.

The race director is in charge of the race and all season they have tried to allow racing.

I suspect people saying the rules were not applied haven't fully read them because it only says all cars need to unlap IF all cars are told to by the race director.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
In my opinion the first decision to cover Max was the worst one and if he wouldn't do that he will have enough lead by the SC that he could pit and come out bwfore Max. Also if they would pitted under VSC Hamilton would have much fresher tires as he did in the end and could have defended much better.
They basically played it safe each time and playing safe cost them the championship.
Because the regulations were thrown out in favour of a Deus Ex Machina.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So what’s the reason for this dragging on? Is Horner throwing chairs around or is he drinking tequila out of Masi’s belly button?

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
They disregarded their own rules. You're arguing nonsense. You say you want racing, well Hamilton was clearly the better driver today, then say its just bad luck and ignore rules were bent.
It was unfair sporting wise not rule wise. If the whole season was fair Verstappen would have been champion too. Remember Bottas, Silverstone etc. But all of a sudden now it’s different.

I’ll call it a day. Off to watch PSV. Have a nice evening everyone.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Which is further proof that F1 isn't a sport, it's sports entertainment.
Isn't this obvious? What sport let's participants compete on completely unequal footing. Its like letting Valentino Rossi compete in the tour de france om his Moto gp bike.

That's the reason I can't rly get into F1. Well that and the fact that the drivers all seem cnuts.

United Hobbit

If they hadn't got the 5 lapped cars out the way, do we think Max would have still cleared them (they would have had to get out the way) and caught Lewis?

Surely unless they can categorically prove he wouldn't have passed them, they can't over turn it.

Where in the pack were the ones not allowed past?

I'm not a fan of either so have no bias.

Fully Fledged

I get that Hamilton got screwed, but what rules /laws were supposedly contrevened?
They had to either allow all the cars to overtake Lewis and join the back of the pack or allow none to overtake and restart the race as the pack stood. Allowing only the cars between Lewis and Max gave Max an unfair advantages.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
That's fair enough. Still seems cowardly to me.

Also don't misunderstand, I don't give a feck who won. Though I will always prefer an underdog, the insane adulation for Max over here is killling me. No self respecting Feyenoord fan jumps on bandwagons.
I think Mercedes thought there was a.gpod chance they couldn't get loonys car off in 5 laps and even if they did, Lewis would drive away while Max had 5 cars to get passed. Don't think it's cowardly more playing the odds.

They're both great drivers, miles ahead of the third best.

While there's a lot of British posters on here, they don't all automatically back Lewis. (My first season at Old Trafford was division.2... I definitely don't follow the herd)

Ixion

"Safety cars have been around forever its part of racing"

"It wouldn't be right to finish behind the safety car"

MTF

Would Hamilton have pitted a 2nd time at some point if Perez hadnt held him up and shaved 6-7 seconds off his lead?
Yes, under the VSC later he might have had enough of a gap to pit even on the 2nd VSC lap and not worry if the VSC ended even as they were in the pits. Essentially he might have had a full regular pit-stop gap on Verstappen.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It all felt a bit setup for the last lap straight shootout.
Which would’ve been ok if it had been fair. Red flag the race and let them go for the last 5 if you want to create drama. That last lap wasn’t really racing. It was max taking advantage of a wounded Hamilton

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Because he’d have lost track position when the rules dictated that the race should’ve finished behind the SC, therefore throwing away the championships
How did the rules dictate how the race should've ended when there's no rule that says a SC must be out there X number of laps? If they had removed Latifi's car and cleaned up the mess in 2-3min then the SC would've come in long before it did.