F1 2021 Season

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Definitely and it's glorious. It makes me miss those days when we were 20-30 points infront of Liverpool and I was constantly checking RAWK meltdown thread.

Winning driver championship against 7 times WC who was un a car that dominated and won all previous 7 driver championships in the era and all 8 constructor championships in the era... Contrary to your beliefs this will go in the history as one of the best winning runs of all time being first or second in every race he finished (except Hungary which he drove with damaged car). Really incredible run.
*6 of the last 7.

It was a brilliant run for Max, I'm delighted for Honda as well. Driver, team and engine really stepped up this year

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
i’m not saying he had one. the fia have made it clear that the race director has authority to ignore certain rules if they want to. that means a bad race director, say a race director that has had most people moaning at him all year, can contrive a result as they seem fit, with maybe what brings the best stories or the highest social media engagement in mind.
F1 stewarding has been inconsistent for many years, they need to get together and straighten out some of the more ridiculous rules.
Allowing un lapped cars to un lap themselves, changing components on Cars under Red Flag conditions.
Do away with many of the run off areas and get the Gravel traps back.
Same stewards for as much races as possible.
I genuinely feel that Masi just wanted to finish the race under race conditions, nothing sinister.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
People new to F1 and Motorsport in general may not understands this but removing lapped cars from the front of the pack is common.

The difference is it doesn’t necessarily affect a title like this.

Nothing will happen and Mercedes will embarrass themselves looking like sore losers
Has that happened before? Where it was just some cars that went ahead?

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Everyone keeps peddling this - it’s nonsense. Mercedes couldn’t pit Hamilton under the safety car as there was a high chance the race would end under the safety car. And once Lewis didn’t pit red bull had absolutely no other option by pitting - they lost nothing and gained a new set of softs. It had nothing to do with one team being more quick/decisive at all.
People are intentionally ignoring that fact. They made the right call on both SCs. I thought the first was wrong but it wasn't as evidenced by the huge lead Lewis built, even with the Perez thing. The second SC, if they stopped and FIA followed their own rules Max would have won. If they pitted and somehow the crash was cleared faster, then Lewis would have been out on new softs versus Max's relatively new hards and doing anything to prevent an pass.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Mate you watch as much racing as I. Cars being able to unlap themselves is normal.
What if you’re a sainz fan? Why didn’t he get the chance to challenge verstappen for a position? Why only some lapped cars moving aside?

spiriticon

F1 stewarding has been inconsistent for many years, they need to get together and straighten out some of the more ridiculous rules.
Allowing un lapped cars to un lap themselves, changing components on Cars under Red Flag conditions.
I genuinely feel that Masi just wanted to finish the race under race conditions, nothing sinister.
Then he should have Red Flagged the race, let both men change tyres and sprint to the end.

Or, just let the cars stay unlapped. Max was on reds he would have taken them easily, and they were also obliged to move out of his way.

So many good options and he picks the most controversial one. What a tit.

Jerch

newey said the red bull was the better car over the course of the season…
Lewis's fans, u can't make it up.. arguing a fact which I didn't even stated :lol:
I think constructor championship is real merit of that if u want to argue.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
might not be sinister but it’s still not sport. the rules and past precendent would dictate the race finished under the safety car. shit way to end it but thems the rules. like the race starting and finishing under the safety car at spa. what actually happened was an ending that sold more tickets and brought in more ratings. that’s shit.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Lewis's fans, u can't make it up.. arguing a fact which I didn't even stated :lol:
I think constructor championship is real merit of that if u want to argue.
i’m no lewis fan, i’m just quoting adrian newey who said his red bull was the best car over the course of the season. to paraphrase some deranged half wit’s words, why would a poster on a football forum know more about f1 than a guy who designs the cars?

Fully Fledged

All lapped cars should Have been told to go around That in itself is the error but it doesn’t affect the race result regardless in this instance.
It does because they should have joined the back of the pack which would have meant that the race finished under the safety car.

spiriticon

All lapped cars should Have been told to go around That in itself is the error but it doesn’t affect the race result regardless in this instance.
It also does for the drivers who were stuck behind cars not allowed to unlap themselves...

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
can you explain this?
Horner clearly asks him for a last lap shootout. Masi changes his plan, which people seem to be forgetting btw, and makes that happen. Horner repeats the same thing post match in his interviews.

Funny though how they get that last lap, but no RF and changes to the overlap rules. The agenda was there, to get the last lap going. That's the point, whether it's to benefit one team over another I doubt, but it was certainly to suit the tv/sponsors/moneymen.

Withnail

It would have if he had followed the regulations. The safety car would have to stay out until the lap after all of the lapped cars got to the back of the pack. By that stage the race would have been over and Lewis would have won.

Manny

Grammar Police
Everyone keeps peddling this - it’s nonsense. Mercedes couldn’t pit Hamilton under the safety car as there was a high chance the race would end under the safety car. And once Lewis didn’t pit red bull had absolutely no other option by pitting - they lost nothing and gained a new set of softs. It had nothing to do with one team being more quick/decisive at all.
Agree. Red Bull were gambling left, right and centre hoping something would stick. They had to. Its all they had.

In the end, Michael Masi intervened to give them the win.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Horner clearly asks him for a last lap shootout. Masi changes his plan, which people seem to be forgetting btw, and makes that happen. Horner repeats the same thing post match in his interviews.

Funny though how they get that last lap, but no RF and changes to the overlap rules. The agenda was there, to get the last lap going. That's the point, whether it's to benefit one team over another I doubt, but it was certainly to suit the tv/sponsors/moneymen.
Exactly, you don't have to believe there was bias towards Max, but clearly the rules were bent to have more spectacle

Jerch

So you think Newey is wrong then?
i’m no lewis fan, i’m just quoting adrian newey who said his red bull was the best car over the course of the season. to paraphrase some deranged half wit’s words, why would a poster on a football forum know more about f1 than a guy who designs the cars?
I'm just saying that best driver won the driver championship and best car won construtor championship. Everything else is personal opinion.

RepardReece

Mercedes had the same opportunity to change tyres… At the end of the day, Lewis punished himself twice
No not really. Anything they did would've benefitted Max in a way.

First instance, max gains track position if Lewis heads in to the pits. He stays out and Max gets fresh tyres to catch Lewis (which wasn't working so they made the right call here).

Second instance, Lewis heads into the pits, Max gets track position, and Max has fresher hards than Lewis did so might not have been able to overtake if the last lap happened. And we know the last situation that played out. Either way, safety car should've stayed out until the finish with this second instance.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Mercedes had the same opportunity to change tyres… At the end of the day, Lewis punished himself twice
Mercedes couldn’t pit Lewis under the safety car because it would have given track position to Max and handed him the title if Masi followed the actual rules and the race had finished under a safety car. Also it wasn’t Lewis - it was the team - he was told not to pit. They were also completely right not to pit under the VSC as Lewis was matching Max’s pace even though he was on 26 lap newer tyres. It’s very simple stuff.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Verstappen beat Hamilton over a 22 race season despite having worse luck and a worse car.

That safety car was pure karma for Mercedes playing bowling with Verstappen during the summer.

Justice

The right man won