F1 2021 Season

Manny

Grammar Police
Mercedes had the same opportunity to change tyres… At the end of the day, Lewis punished himself twice
It was the right call by Merc.

Max would have known he couldn't match Lewis. You don't give Max track position or let him near Lewis knowing Max has an 'incident' in his arsenal.

hp88

Max will win the next 6 or 7 titles I'm sure, then he will have to pass the torch when the FIA get bored.
All of the abuse has been directed at Masi and FIA, as much as he fecked up big time there should have been a protocol in place to stop it form happening.

I think he will step down but the sport is a right mess at the moment and it's in need of clean up before the new season starts.

James Peril

Absolute joke of a circus.

Hamilton should have won that. I am still astonished hours on how they dealt with it.

People say that Verstappen won’t care - he will. Massive asterisk against his name in many people’s eyes for the foreseeable future. He had a phenomenal season, but that doesn’t dismiss the comeback Hamilton made to claw himself back into title contention and the drive he pulled off for 58 of the laps today before being the subsequent shitshow.
Dumbest post in a while. Verstappen won’t care one single bit, he won the race with luck and a few months ago he punctured from a win - shit happens. Overall, he won the Championship over Hamilton. The latter has a faster car, you need luck to win. Let’s not put this on some referee put under huge stress, Verstappen won because Latifi crashed. Really difficult to see who is 12 and who is an adult in many of the posts above. What is incredibly certain is that the same people would flip upside down if Hamilton won today after Latifi crashed and Verstappen was screwed after leading.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Justice

The right man won
That's like saying a team has been outplayed for 89 mins... so giving the 2 penalties in injury time for no reason is ok

He won because the fia decided he should win

Presumably they don't like a black guy wearing a rainbow helmet in money making GPS in Saudi/ Abu Dhabi ... genuinley can't think of another reason why they chose to bend the rules today

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I was just thinking I haven’t seen one max fan take the win in good grace
such an open goal too. “shit way to win a race, glad my man won, i think he deserved it overall. roll on 2022 and some better clarity in the rules.”

dinostar77

Verstappen beat Hamilton over a 22 race season despite having worse luck and a worse car.

That safety car was pure karma for Mercedes playing bowling with Verstappen during the summer.

Justice

The right man won
Your forgetting the points max was awarded for a race win that never happened at belgium. Just so fia didnt have to refund the fans who attended. The same corrupt FIA who do deals with regimes such as Saudi Arabia and extend deals with china who are committing genocide. But that doesnt matter. Fia got what they wanted, a new champion and lewis being stopped from winning 8 WDC.

DeGea

A lot of sports nowadays and Formula 1 included, (today was a perfect example) are not interested in fairness, they just wanted a spectacle.

What a stupid rule regarding the safety car. How can you lose an 11 second advantage due to a crash and a safety car coming out? Seems very unfair. What's the point of racing all those laps when you know someone else crashing is going to derail all your good work and you might have no control over it. If I am being cynical, you can even engineer these situations to get an outcome that favours you. I am not saying they do, but it is open to corruption.

What they should have done is if there is an accident and a safety car comes out, the red flag should come out, teams should just be allowed to pit if they want, and race is restarted at the grid in the same order the cars were in at the point of the safety car being deployed. Then at least it is fair, the drivers have not lost their positions, and they can all change tires if they want to, without being penalised. The lap count should pause, and restarted once racing resumes. Then the drivers can properly compete, without all these shenanigans.

But of course no one is interested in "competition", it's all about money and creating controversy so people watch the sport.

Fully Fledged

All of the abuse has been directed at Masi and FIA, as much as he fecked up big time there should have been a protocol in place to stop it form happening.

I think he will step down but the sport is a right mess at the moment and it's in need of clean up before the new season starts.
That's why I think this has to go to CAS.
I don't think it will change the result but it should demand that they make their rules actual rules that can't be overruled by one individual if they want to call it a sport.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Horner clearly asks him for a last lap shootout. Masi changes his plan, which people seem to be forgetting btw, and makes that happen. Horner repeats the same thing post match in his interviews.

Funny though how they get that last lap, but no RF and changes to the overlap rules. The agenda was there, to get the last lap going. That's the point, whether it's to benefit one team over another I doubt, but it was certainly to suit the tv/sponsors/moneymen.
this is my take on it.

Masi originally says no cars will un lap themselves , i guess because at that time he wasnt satisfied it was safe to do so as stewards might still have been on track. Once he sees the track is clear he then lets the some cars past, then wants a race and informs the safety car will come in.
Dont think it had nothing to do with Horner.
As i mentioned on another post Wolf and Horner shopuld both be hauled in front of the authorities for trying to influence the Race director.
Wolf is an absolute tosser who needs some anger management.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He won because Hamilton made too many mistakes while driving the fastest car.

Last I checked, the season is 22 races long, not 1.
Last I checked if they had stuck to their own rules for the last lap of the 22 season Lewis would have won

But a rainbow helmeted black man in a car with blm livery was perhaps too much for the fia to stomach

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Lewis fans crying about 7 points lost today while Max lost over 70 points because of Mercedes and Pirelli in Baku, Silverstone and Hungary.

The right man won

macheda14

First half of the season this was very much not the case, Mercedes were hamstrung by changes to aerodynamic regulations for the floor. Having a low rake car was the worse of the two options. See Aston Martin who didn't have the funds to fix that issue and woefully underperformed all season.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Lewis fans crying about 7 points lost today while Max lost over 70 points because of Mercedes and Pirelli in Baku, Silverstone and Hungary.

The right man won
As I have said before, luck is a big part of Motorsport.

Hamilton lucked his way back into the title fight after Verstappen had him on the ropes, thanks to some dirty driving from Mercedes in Silverstone and Hungary.

Today was justice.

The right man won, although I don’t expect any reasonable discussion on a British forum.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse

but adrian newey says the red bull he designed was the better car. i’m really confused at this point. i mean i would say both cars were light years ahead of the others and had different strengths and tracks that suited them more than the others, evidenced by how close the season was but i must have missed the races where max was having to hold the wings of his car on along the straights and race with his mouth just to keep up.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

Hamilton lucked his way back into the title fight after Verstappen had him on the ropes, thanks to some dirty driving from Mercedes in Silverstone and Hungary.

Today was justice.

The right man won, although I don’t expect any reasonable discussion on a British forum.
Not even the nationality of the forum is correct

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
That's like saying a team has been outplayed for 89 mins... so giving the 2 penalties in injury time for no reason is ok

He won because the fia decided he should win

Presumably they don't like a black guy wearing a rainbow helmet in money making GPS in Saudi/ Abu Dhabi ... genuinley can't think of another reason why they chose to bend the rules today
I bet they also took Latifi's mother hostage during the race and blackmailed Latifi on t secret frequency during the race to ensure a safety car during the final laps.. Bastards

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Today was justice.

:lol: :lol:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Not even the nationality of the forum is correct
oh come on! think how hard those two brain cells had to work just to type something coherent, even if it was factually incorrect, don’t have a go.

RepardReece

Today was justice.

Ignore this man, he's just trying to cause a stir.
Delusion at his finest if he means it

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
but adrian newey says the red bull he designed was the better car.
When did he say that?

Both Horner and Alonso said, just before this weekend, that Mercedes have been the best car this season on balance.

Mercedes won the constructors too.

Max beat Lewis with an inferior car, which is indeed a very hard pill to swallow for this forum.

FriedClams

Last I checked if they had stuck to their own rules for the last lap of the 22 season Lewis would have won

But a rainbow helmeted black man in a car with blm livery was perhaps too much for the fia to stomach
This is just a ridiculous and unsubstantiated take. It suggests that the FIA as an organization is homophobic and racist, with absolutely zero evidence to back up the claim. What is way more likely is that the FIA know how fortunate they are to have Hamilton racing in their organization, as he is a polarizing figure and without him, there would be significantly less interest in the sport. He’s the highest earning British athlete of all time, champions a lot of amazing causes and whilst he has his flaws (like we all do) he seems like a genuinely likeable person. The decision made today by the FIA was instinctive, and they went for maximum drama, and in that sense it paid off. More people talking about F1 worldwide right now than what usually would. To suggest that they decided max should win because Lewis stands up for global equality is as preposterous an opinion as one could possibly have.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
When did he say that?

Both Horner and Alonso said, just before this weekend, that Mercedes have been the best car this season on balance.

Max beat Lewis with an inferior car, which is indeed a very hard pill to swallow for this forum.
in an interview after the race on sky sports.

macheda14

Today was justice.

Are you responding to yourself?

Luck is a big part, but today wasn't luck. All the moments you speak about are racing incidents, they happen every season and most races. Max drove just as dirty in multiple occassions, but Lewis is better at evading crashes. Today was a race director making a decision in contravention of protocols set out by the regulations. You have Riccardio and Norris, max's ex-teammate and max's friend, coming out saying the decision was farcical and 'for TV'. If Latifi had crashed a few laps earlier and they got all the lapped cars to unlap themselves, Max likely would have won and that would have been luck swinging back his way. However instead you had a director deciding that lapped cars wont unlap themselves, panicking, deciding that 5 can go ahead and then bringing in the safety car before when regulations dictate.

I also wouldn't expect reasonable discussion from you, who have made ostensibly the same post multiple times and started quoting yourself for no reason.

Fluctuation0161

Definitely and it's glorious. It makes me miss those days when we were 20-30 points infront of Liverpool and I was constantly checking RAWK meltdown thread.

Winning driver championship against 7 times WC who was in a car that dominated and won all previous 7 driver championships in the era and all 8 constructor championships in the era... Contrary to your beliefs this will go in the history as one of the best winning runs of all time being first or second in every race he finished (except Hungary which he drove with damaged car). Really incredible run.
Very different as Liverpool never directly competed with us whereas the F1 title was neck and neck before the race director fixed it.

I don't recall the refs ever fixing it for United.

Last edited:

spiriticon

When did he say that?

Except Max didn't beat Lewis at all. He was behind all race by miles.

If Max was matching Lewis for pace, it would have been far less controversial.

Jerch

Text Speak

U checked wrong, if u will inform Toto of that too.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
A lot of sports nowadays and Formula 1 included, (today was a perfect example) are not interested in fairness, they just wanted a spectacle.

What a stupid rule regarding the safety car. How can you lose an 11 second advantage due to a crash and a safety car coming out? Seems very unfair. What's the point of racing all those laps when you know someone else crashing is going to derail all your good work and you might have no control over it. If I am being cynical, you can even engineer these situations to get an outcome that favours you. I am not saying they do, but it is open to corruption.

What they should have done is if there is an accident and a safety car comes out, the red flag should come out, teams should just be allowed to pit if they want, and race is restarted at the grid in the same order the cars were in at the point of the safety car being deployed. Then at least it is fair, the drivers have not lost their positions, and they can all change tires if they want to, without being penalised. The lap count should pause, and restarted once racing resumes. Then the drivers can properly compete, without all these shenanigans.

But of course no one is interested in "competition", it's all about money and creating controversy so people watch the sport.
Again, safety cars have been around for decades. Have you been complaining about them for decades?

Castia

Which some of the media feel is fine

It’s sport though you can’t just make it up as you go

Imagine watching a game of football and the ref had the same attitude ‘oh it would be much more exciting if I did x to spice things up‘

Absurd. Finishing behind the safety car in a race which he’s led and for the vast majority had a 13+ second lead Red Bull would have nothing to complain about.