F1 2022 Season

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I mean if Max is a dick, Lewis is a weasel so it's swings and roundabouts. All personal opinion.

Max is even such a dick he asked his home fans not to boo Hamilton.

In not bothered about boos though but it's funny when last year people where offended by Lewis getting boo'd. Also everyone knows Hungary is quite a racist sexist homophobic place. Those weren't the only boos though. People where complaining about boos at loads of tracks and trying to equate it to racism which it ain't.
And you’re entitled to your opinion. But I don’t accuse you of bias and discriminate based on your location because you disagree with me. I think Max is a dick. You don’t. Great. I don’t think Lewis is a weasel. You do. Great. Doesn’t mean either of us are biased.

laughtersassassin

And you’re entitled to your opinion. But I don’t accuse you of bias and discriminate based on your location because you disagree with me. I think Max is a dick. You don’t. Great. I don’t think Lewis is a weasel. You do. Great. Doesn’t mean either of us are biased.
I didn't accuse you of that or anything haha. Must have me mixed up.

To be fair though everyone is atleast somewhat biased. Me you and literally everyone. It's human nature really.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
After this qualy the most important question is: Who's the biggest dick Lewis or Max?
hard to say really. even the most gifted of schlongs struggles to show itself in full racing garb but one can only assume lewis has a whopper and it’s why he wears all his baggy clothing to the circuits as it’s the only way his python gets any time to breathe. max on the other hand is happy to turn up in tight jeans.

RoadTrip

I didn't accuse you of that or anything haha. Must have me mixed up.

To be fair though everyone is atleast somewhat biased. Me you and literally everyone. It's human nature really.
Not at all. Didn’t say you did accuse me. But you joined a discussion about it … so not sure what you expected me to reply about. The weather?!

pauldyson1uk

Happy for Sainz to get his first pole.
I dont see Sainz holding Max for long, he was pretty fast in most of Qualifying.
Lewis in 5th is bout right I think , Russell should have no problem getting past Alonso and Norris.
Good showing from Zhou.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
hard to say really. even the most gifted of schlongs struggles to show itself in full racing garb but one can only assume lewis has a whopper and it’s why he wears all his baggy clothing to the circuits as it’s the only way his python gets any time to breathe. max on the other hand is happy to turn up in tight jeans.
:lol: I think this is a fair and balanced response

Fluctuation0161

Of course they only boo drivers who actually dare compete at the top. Vettel at RB was booed, Rosberg was booed and now Verstappen. Quite obvious what the trend is here. All good as long as you let our drivers win mentality. So entitled.

Max is a dick now too, apparently. The bias on here is just another level.:lol:
Now!? Have you not been following his F1 career? :lol:

Fluctuation0161

I guess Vettel (at RB) and Rosberg used to drive dirty too?
That would still not be all non british drivers being booed like you posted earlier though would it.

Drivers get booed for various reasons. It happens all over the globe.

-Russell at Canada this year
-Hamilton in Holland or Abu Dhabi last year
-Vettel in Canada this year

To name a few.

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-i...he-really-feels-about-being-frequently-booed/

Also the above article is interesting for context.

Your agenda is quite transparent and seems to be only against British fans for some reason.

hobbers

Dont see the fuss. Ferrari and Red Bull both have 4 or 5 tracks each where their support is very dominant. Silverstone is all Merc get so let them have it.

Drivers dont care about getting booed.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Dont see the fuss. Ferrari and Red Bull both have 4 or 5 tracks each where their support is very dominant. Silverstone is all Merc get so let them have it.

How would they even know anyway? During a race they've got their team in their ear at all times and a roaring engine around them.

They can't hear shit!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Exactly.
Lewis has had his share of booing and certain circuits.
The people who are watching at Silverstone pay a huge amount of money to be there.
To me, it is a nothing story.
Fans booing.... shock horror.
It will only push Max to drive even faster.
I fully understand what Lewis is saying.
I just hope that he does well and the fans get to cheer for him or Russell or Norris instead of having to boo the winner.

dinostar77

Flexi floors are set to be further clarified by the FIA in a new technical directive from France.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/f...revelations-a-shocker-says-mercedes/10332159/
This is either Ferrari or RedBull breaking the rules.

Mercedes head of trackside engineering Andrew Shovlin said: “When it came to light, we realised there are opportunities that we’ve perhaps not been taking or exploiting.

“So, it won’t affect us in how we run our car. It may well be it affects our competitors and by virtue of that we move a little bit closer.”

So my guess is its RedBull. Would be great for championship if this really affects their car and gives leclerc a chance to get back in championship. New TD starts from GP in france after austria.

Edit: its RedBull.

This weekend, Horner has been critical of what he perceives to be giving the FIA greater control of team set-ups, which he called “a dangerous avenue to go down”.

“It’s certainly not a precedent that we want to go down otherwise set-ups will be being dictated by FIA directives,” said Horner.

Last edited:

LoneStar

Because I disagree with you, I must be biased. If the bias in here bothers you you’re welcome to feck off.
Who are you to ask me to feck off? Acting like the forum is yours. That comment on bias was meant in general, not just you. Stop acting like a prick.

LoneStar

Calling fans at Silverstone entitled, coming from the guy who can't stand the idea that folks don't like his favourite driver. A total lack of self awareness seems to be a hallmark of Verstappen fans on here.
It's literally the same but with Hamilton on here. Stop acting like the rest of the folks here are a beacon of unbiased analysts.

The Hilton

It's literally the same but with Hamilton on here. Stop acting like the rest of the folks here are a beacon of unbiased analysts.
I haven't said that, most folks in here are biased one way or the other, but most Hamilton fans on here can at least accept why others might not like him.

That's the difference, you were incredulous that people didn't like Max. That kind of blinkered following is definitely another level.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I was at quali yesterday in Silverstone. Big support for Lewis and Lando and as expected, boos for max and Horner too. Nothing malicious, all friendly banter, people smiling and laughing afterwards. Not like at a football match where fans verbally abuse the players.

Wet yesterday but great fun. Weather is looking great today so here's hoping for a decent race!

Jack-C20

I live not too far from Silverstone and have decided to throw a family BBQ so if it does rain you can thank me!

Not sure how much I’ll be able to watch but looking forward to it all the same. With a wet qualifying it’s hard to know just how fast everyone is in the dry round here.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I was listening to a BBC interview with Lewis Hamilton this morning.
He is such an interesting character to listen to.
So mature and so thoughtful.
Probably the highly for me was his realisation that his life has to mean more than just winning races; important as that is to him.
Have to say how much I admire him for who he is as a person and how he speaks out against injustices.

Looking forward to watching the interview with him this afternoon on sky where he opens up about Abu Dhabi.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I was at quali yesterday in Silverstone. Big support for Lewis and Lando and as expected, boos for max and Horner too. Nothing malicious, all friendly banter, people smiling and laughing afterwards. Not like at a football match where fans verbally abuse the players.

Wet yesterday but great fun. Weather is looking great today so here's hoping for a decent race!
Will you be at Silverstone for the race today?

Leg-End

This new floor directive looks interesting, could make the season a bit more entertaining anyway.

RoadTrip

Who are you to ask me to feck off? Acting like the forum is yours. That comment on bias was meant in general, not just you. Stop acting like a prick.
Are you unable to understand basic English? I didn’t tell you to feck off, I simply said the option is there for you. A frankly good option for you, given the amount you’ve been moaning about the type of people on this forum and in this thread. But each to their own.

RoadTrip

I was listening to a BBC interview with Lewis Hamilton this morning.
He is such an interesting character to listen to.
So mature and so thoughtful.
Probably the highly for me was his realisation that his life has to mean more than just winning races; important as that is to him.
Have to say how much I admire him for who he is as a person and how he speaks out against injustices.

Looking forward to watching the interview with him this afternoon on sky where he opens up about Abu Dhabi.
For me, it’s amazing how much he’s changed. Or, seems to have changed. Perhaps he was just given a horrible perception by the British media when he started, but I always viewed him as arrogant. I really didn’t like him until perhaps 3 years ago when I finally put aside my perceptions of him to actually listen to him properly, and realised that he either wasn’t the same man or I had simply got it wrong.

RoadTrip

Bet it was awesome. Enjoy the race! I went to the race the year before Covid. It’s an amazing experience all round.