Out in Q1
16) Mick SchumacherHaas1:20.419
17) Sebastian VettelAston Martin1:20.419
18) Lance StrollAston Martin1:20.520
19) Alex AlbonWilliams1:20.859
20) Nicholas LatifiWilliams1:21.167

JuriM

once perez goes it’ll be off the calendar I suspect
Why, the atmosphere is electric, as seen yesterday it's a track that is extremely challenging for drivers and cars - every small mistake can cost you a lot. Which makes it super entertaining for the watchers also and haven't heard a single thing about drivers not enjoying it, they usually love those tough conditions.

dinostar77

All the Max/ Lewis stuff is boring, along with the Budget cap.
Time to get back to the racing.
On that subject i.e. racing. Whats the thoughts on new rules for this season? Yes cars can follow closer which is a positive. However the gap between front of the grid to the back looks as huge as ever. Personally i dont think scaling areo i.e. CFD and wind tunnel time wil work the way it was originally sold.

Honestly think F1 should try ballast, that would bring the front and the rear of the grid closer together.

It would stop the boredom of domination by a driver for a decade i.e. schmacher, hamilton and maybe verstappen (sorry pauldy i went there).

pauldyson1uk

On that subject i.e. racing. Whats the thoughts on new rules for this season? Yes cars can follow closer which is a positive. However the gap between front of the grid to the back looks as huge as ever. Personally i dont think scaling areo i.e. CFD and wind tunnel time wil work the way it was originally sold.

Honestly think F1 should try ballast, that would bring the front and the rear of the grid closer together.

It would stop the boredom of domination by a driver for a decade i.e. schmacher, hamilton and maybe verstappen (sorry pauldy i went there).
F1 has always been donated by one for a period, don't really think that's a problem.
The problem is lack of competition
When Senna and Sch were winning, they have competition and good ones at that, ones that took the fight to them made them work hard
Last season Max and Lewis was in that vain, well right up to the last race , but not ging there agin.
Lewis only had that a few seasons, Rosberg being the main one, Seb won his 4 with not that much trouble.
The best season were the ones, with end of season races that meant something.
Much preferred the days of Senna , Prost, Hunt, Lauda, Mansall and others.
Closer racing is what we watch for, agreed the top teams are streets ahead of the rest, would ballast bring them closer, yes it would, but no way teams would agree to it.
F1 used to be all speed now its trye management, fuel management and aero and how to gain a 10th here a 100th there.
Wind tunnels and simulation don't always work, when Mercedes tested the skinny pods in the tunnel and in simulation, they must have worked then, but clearly in real life on the track they did not.

Last edited:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
?

Where exactly am I wrong? I read that article three times and I still fail to see it.
If you can’t tell the difference between 2021 and 2022, nobody can help you understand anything.

It’s literally in the first sentence of the article and the bloody url.

Fluctuation0161

No it was a world championship win. Check the history books. They all say it, except the ones that only say “John Major Punched the Queen”
Not sure I agree.
Any F1 history book will have details of Masi and last seasons championship gift to Max. In retrospect, the bending of the rules is even more obvious now than it was at that time.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If you can’t tell the difference between 2021 and 2022, nobody can help you understand anything.

It’s literally in the first sentence of the article and the bloody url.
Well, obviously it's spent from 2021 budget, I am not stupid. 2022 budget isn't even spent by teams yet nor we know the budget used yet, but my point is that 2021 budget is mostly used development for 2022 car, and not gaining advantage during 2021 season - where Red Bull was Hamilton's main rival.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What makes you say that? Does it lose F1 a lot of money?
Mexico City secured a new Formula 1 contract until 2025
Why, the atmosphere is electric, as seen yesterday it's a track that is extremely challenging for drivers and cars - every small mistake can cost you a lot. Which makes it super entertaining for the watchers also and haven't heard a single thing about drivers not enjoying it, they usually love those tough conditions.
Well I can't say for sure, but Perez being a homegrown talent which Mexico hasn't seen for a long time - usually these GP's get huge attendance to support their man.

Once Perez leaves the casuals might not bother to attend, i'm sure there will be a drop in attendance.

Maybe there will be enough interest to keep it? we shall see. The track isn't exactly a mega exciting one either

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Well, obviously it's spent from 2021 budget, I am not stupid. 2022 budget isn't even spent by teams yet nor we know the budget used yet, but my point is that 2021 budget is mostly used development for 2022 car, and not gaining advantage during 2021 season - where Red Bull was Hamilton's main rival.
You should just stop posting when you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Go read up on the actual rules and when it’s being implemented before making up bullshit.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
You should just stop posting when you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Go read up on the actual rules and when it’s being implemented before making up bullshit.
So you keep attacking me and acting condenscending towards me for some reason(even though I wasn't harsh on you in any post) without actually making any point whatsoever. I think biterness some of you have towards Red Bull is actually not normal behaviour.

Anyway, I'll leave this here to prove I am right and that's it from me:

https://racingnews365.com/how-breaking-the-f1-budget-cap-can-lead-to-better-car-performance/amp

In practice, allocating part of the previous budget to the next project, as it was spent during the previous year, precisely because the initial phase of each project develops one year earlier.

In fact, it is correct to underline that the financial presentation filed with the FIA, concerning the entire activity carried out by the team throughout the year, and therefore also the design phase of the next car.

It therefore seems clear that the advantage deriving from a breach of the budget in one year is reflected in the next.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Aww a bit precious isn't he? sheesh. Must have touched a nerve there :lol:

Kravitz is more than allowed an opinion that he's certainly not alone in.
Of course he's entitled to his opinion but he certainly shouldn't be using such stark language on an actual broadcast, especially calling the integrity of the sport into question.

Love Ted but this is a gaffe from him. If he'd expressed something like this on a podcast or whatever that's fair enough and you could call Verstappen precious but that seems out of line on an F1-licensed broadcast.

LoneStar

Ted is a bumbling idiot who doesn't seem to understand that he's on a global broadcast and not his own Twitch stream. It's really nauseating hearing the Sky bias towards British drivers every race.

That's acceptable for a regional broadcast. But they are also the global broadcast. I think FOM needs to just make everyone happy and assign a separate global crew.

hobbers

Given Max was interviewed by Ted himself on Thursday this obviously has a whiff of the bullshit about it.

Although he'd be well within his rights to put Ted back in his place. Alonso gets hounded endlessly by the Sky ghouls like Ted and Crofty for less controversial commentary, and unlike Sky's media team he's not paid explicitly to appear impartial.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Good decision by RB. Liberty Media should consider cutting Sky and just use their own commentators for the world feed. Unfortunately they recently extended their deal until 2029(?) I think.

F-Red

This is the absolute best news in years, well done Ted
I get the feeling this was wholly down to the difficult questions posed by David Croft in their press conference on Friday. Max spoke to Ted fine on Thursday, so I don't think there's any animosity about comments made in America.

hobbers

I'd rather they boycott to get rid of Crofty and Herbert. Ted obviously has the clown reputation but his bitterness is a lot less pointed than the other two.

Sky's coverage has needed a dramatic overhaul for too long as it is. The weekends that Brundle hasn't been in the paddock have been absurdly poor, he holds it all together.