F1 2022 Season

Wicked_Badger

The quicker he can get away from the Haas shit show the better. Steiner is a joke of a team manager and has continually set that team back year after year with his bullshit.

That’s not even including the fecking muppet that is doing their strategies because they even make Ferrari look good.

Mick is fast, there is zero doubt it. There’s a saying in Motorsport that you can teach a quick driver to stop making mistakes, you can’t teach a slow driver to be fast…
There is doubt though. Even if he was fast (he’s not, KMag is faster, and he got dropped from F1), he’s crashy. And not Verstappen crashy, where he’s going to get you amazing results far beyond the machine capabilities sometimes, which mitigated the cost crashy. Expensive crashy. For a poor team.

He absolutely deserves to be dropped. Nice guy & talented driver. But he probably wouldn’t have even got into an f1 seat it wasn’t for his name.

avgp_1

https://f1bytes.com/2022-h2h-mag-v-msc/

Helps to be a decent driver who statistically is a better race driver than k-mag this year. Haas being a shitbox for most rounds and some horrendous strategy decisions fecked mick this year.

Needs not forget that despite pole for Kevin, Schumacher finished better than him at Brazil.

My prediction that he would do better than K-May after round 8 was correct. It’s a pitty Haas couldn’t deliver on their end of the deal and went backwards as the season progressed
Didnt Magnussen get taken out by Ricciardo?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
if someone told me 10 years ago that these two would be up there with my favourite drivers I would have laughed in their face. I guess opinions change :)

Mike Smalling

https://f1bytes.com/2022-h2h-mag-v-msc/

Helps to be a decent driver who statistically is a better race driver than k-mag this year. Haas being a shitbox for most rounds and some horrendous strategy decisions fecked mick this year.

Needs not forget that despite pole for Kevin, Schumacher finished better than him at Brazil.

My prediction that he would do better than K-May after round 8 was correct. It’s a pitty Haas couldn’t deliver on their end of the deal and went backwards as the season progressed
Because K-Mag was taken out, in a crash that was 100% Ricciardo's fault. And Mick didn't even finish in the points. You're trying to make it out like Mick had a better weekend, even though his teammate got a sensational pole and scored a point in the sprint. Your bias is showing.

Ahmer Baig

According to Szafnauer, Rossi apparently told Alonso and Ocon that if anybody else (in the team) had done what they did in Brazil, they would have been fired:

Formule 1 | Alpine F1 : Rossi a menacé Ocon et Alonso de licenciement (nextgen-auto.com)

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
According to Szafnauer, Rossi apparently told Alonso and Ocon that if anybody else (in the team) had done what they did in Brazil, they would have been fired:

Formule 1 | Alpine F1 : Rossi a menacé Ocon et Alonso de licenciement (nextgen-auto.com)
So basically he’s talking shit about nothing.

dinostar77

Helmut Marko said this. That confirms it right?
BBC F1 quoted Marko, but damon hill has said it as well. Hill also thinks that perez will get dropped to reserve driver and danny ric will take his seat. I dont believe that just yet. If riccardo is quicker than perez in winter testing, then who knows.

JuriM

Because K-Mag was taken out, in a crash that was 100% Ricciardo's fault. And Mick didn't even finish in the points. You're trying to make it out like Mick had a better weekend, even though his teammate got a sensational pole and scored a point in the sprint. Your bias is showing.
Mick was easily on points with Vettel etc, just Haas messed up not pitting him under SC.

hobbers

Perez has had a stinker in the second half of the season but Ricciardo should not be getting anywhere close to him in testing.

United Hobbit

Rewatching the highlights from last year and Perez fighting with Hamilton allowing Max to take 6 seconds off Lewis' lead...

Commentator "Perez playing the ultimate team game"

Abu Dhabi FP1 FP2 tiesheets

pauldyson1uk

Decent showing by both Mercedes in FP1 and 2
Max missed FP1, FP2 straight to P1.
Abu Dhabi GP Practice One Timesheet
DriverTeamTime
1) Lewis HamiltonMercedes1:26.633
2) George RussellMercedes+0.220
3) Charles LeclercFerrari+0.255
4) Sergio PerezRed Bull+0.334
5) Liam LawsonRed Bull+0.568
6) Sebastian VettelAston Martin+0.635
7) Robert ShwartzmanFerrari+0.796
8) Daniel RicciardoMcLaren+0.986
9) Valtteri BottasAlfa Romeo+1.022
10) Alexander AlbonWilliams+1.207
11) Pierre GaslyAlphaTauri+1.212
12) Estaban OconAlpine+1.258
13) Yuki TsunodaAlphaTauri+1.358
14) Robert KubicaAlfa Romeo+1.431
15) Logan SargeantWilliams+1.465
16) Kevin MagnussenHaas+1.509
17) Pietro FittipaldiHaas+1.571
18) Patricio O'WardMcLaren+1.717
19) Jaack DoohanAlpine+1.851
20) Felipe DrugovichAston Martin+2.039

Abu Dhabi GP Practice Two Timesheet
DriverTeamTime
1) Max VerstappenRed Bull1:25.146
2) George RussellMercedes+0.341
3) Charles LeclercFerrari+0.453
4) Lewis HamiltonMercedes+0.615
5) Sergio PerezRed Bull+0.706
6) Carlos SainzFerrari+0.786
7) Estaban OconAlpine+0.892
8) Fernando AlonsoAlpine+0.897
9) Daniel RicciardoMcLaren+0.978
10) Valtteri BottasAlfa Romeo+1.154
11) Lando NorrisMcLaren+1.231
12) Sebastian VettelAston Martin+1.249
13) Zhou GuanyuAlfa Romeo+1.333
14) Lance StrollAston Martin+1.401
15) Yuki TsunodaAlphaTauri+1.534
16) Alexander AlbonWilliams+1.604
17) Mick SchumacherHaas+1.693
18) Kevin MagnussenHaas+1.769
19) Pierre GaslyAlphaTauri+1.890
20) Nicolas LatifiWilliams+2.116

United Hobbit

BBC F1 quoted Marko, but damon hill has said it as well. Hill also thinks that perez will get dropped to reserve driver and danny ric will take his seat. I dont believe that just yet. If riccardo is quicker than perez in winter testing, then who knows.
Perez I think is better than Ricciardo as of now

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
RIC beat Vettel at the time who was supposedly unhappy with the RB in the same way as RIC is currently with the McLaren. RIC was also challenging Max. Going to give him benefit of doubt, he was much faster than Perez and I think he still is if he can get back into a competitive car to get his mojo back. RB need a stronger second driver if it's close with Merc & Ferrari as they both have strong lineups.

Unfortunately for Perez he doesn't like the car setup in the way Max likes it.

hobbers

People use car set ups as an excuse for both Ricciardo and Perez but you'd have to say there's less excuses for driving the best car on the grid poorly than a bit of a semi-shitbox like that McLaren has been.

Mike Smalling

People use car set ups as an excuse for both Ricciardo and Perez but you'd have to say there's less excuses for driving the best car on the grid poorly than a bit of a semi-shitbox like that McLaren has been.
Still, Perez has been there or thereabouts in most races, fighting for podiums and picking up a few wins. Far off Verstappen, of course, but he is also a phenomenal driver. Ricciardo has been nowhere, while Norris has consistently scored points for McLaren.

United Hobbit

Just watching a you tube compilation of the 10 most dramatic moments from last season, it was so exciting we need at least two teams being competitive for the whole season I can't really recall any dramatic moments this season

hobbers

Just watching a you tube compilation of the 10 most dramatic moments from last season, it was so exciting we need at least two teams being competitive for the whole season I can't really recall any dramatic moments this season
There was lots of clean drama in the first half of the season, just it means nothing now because the title was decided so early.

United Hobbit

There was lots of clean drama in the first half of the season, just it means nothing now because the title was decided so early.
That's the trouble it just gets forgotten when the title is a foregone conclusion. I know the last race was so controversial last season but after such a fantastic battle between the 2 all season to have them going into the last race level on points was so good from a fan's perspective

pauldyson1uk

hobbers

Only problem is what happens when the rain stops and the track starts going to inter/slick conditions.

dinostar77

anything that makes racing in the rain safer, can only be good for the sport.
I dont remember races being disrupted, so much before. This season seems like the worst its been for a long time.
Larger tyres, more surface area, more grooved extreme wets and much more water displacement off the tyres. I think its an idea worth trying.

F-Red

To improve wet racing, the first thing they can do is improve on the full wet tyres. In Japan, no one used them when it was wet because it's such a poor compound, and risked it on inters. Open up some testing for Pirelli on those wet tyres to improve the compound and then look towards gimmicks like wheel arches if it actually adds benefit.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
they should just have a big umbrella over each car and problem solved. the technology exists, the fia just don’t want to fix the problem.

Abizzz

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
they should just have a big umbrella over each car and problem solved. the technology exists, the fia just don’t want to fix the problem.

Apparently they don't want to use this because Red Bull doesn't want to cover his sponsors on the car. Another Red Bull cover up.

hp88

Looked like a yellow flag it he will get a grid penalty for that as well.

Leg-End

Hamilton won’t get a penalty, he lifted as soon as he saw the red flag which was approaching T4, he was on a push lap and couldn’t have braked in time to not overtake the last car.

Non-issue, onboard is clear.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
if someone told me 10 years ago that these two would be up there with my favourite drivers I would have laughed in their face. I guess opinions change :)

Watching these two fight it out was probably the last time I enjoyed an F1 rivalry. They were both competitive and determined to win, rather than just being a cnut like the friendless blobfish and his equally shithead dad.

hobbers

Watching these two fight it out was probably the last time I enjoyed an F1 rivalry. They were both competitive and determined to win
Possibly the worst F1 rivalry ever. One was competitive and determined to win, the other had an illegal engine for a bit and choked both seasons by the midway point.