F1 2022 Season

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
These pics just makes it feel more and more likely that one team will have got it right and they'll end up being miles ahead of the rest. I really hope I'm wrong but the chances of them having similar performance feels a lot slimmer when the cars are this different, although it's not impossible obviously. Wouldn't surprise me if we'll see more pronounced differences between the cars depending on what type of track it is than we have before as well.
That's usually the case unfortunately.

Hopefully though the rest of the pack will be quite closely knit together.

I expect RB/Merc will still be the fastest, maybe Ferrari may have caught them or be close.

Midfield fight between Mclaren/Alphatauri/Alpine should be very tight IMO.

Fluctuation0161

Move on man it’s a sport you are stuck in an endless loop for 3 months, You are constantly regurgitating the same info over and over again, it’s not going to change what happened.
There is literally zero racing right now and the FIA made a massive announcement and change regarding this only last week. Its also a massive talking point for the sport.

If you don't like this conversation then maybe wait till the season starts to join the thread.

F-Red

Whats the reason for this week test doesnt have live TV coverage? Anyone knows?
Barcelona was added as an extended shakedown period for the teams, behind closed doors, due to all the changes in the regulations and the need for further testing. There's no living timing either. The first 'official' test will be at Bahrain, and should have TV coverage.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I'd say he lost the title due to his own poor performances in the first half of the season than anything else. Huge mistake at Imola but awful red flag rules meant he could still finish second. Huge error in Baku which cost him 25 points after fluking Max's tyre blow out. Didn't even turn up to Monaco. Big mistake in Silverstone and was fortunate to avoid damage and a fair penalty. Starting solo on the grid with the wrong tyres in Hungary was partly on him as well.

Max by comparison had a faultless season until the dirty driving in Brazil and the qualy mistake. Definitely started getting to him in the last 4-5 races how much faster the Merc had become with its rocket engine, and the mistakes and naughty driving crept in.
Fair points but sweet FA to do with a mistake Hamilton didn't make. If we want to be fair we'd rely on the cars, team and driving and not a mistake brought about by undue influence.

There'll always be an asterisk beside the 2021 Championship unfortunately.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Here's the current leaderboard for today according to Autosport.

1. Leclerc, Ferrari, 1m20.165s, C3
  2. Norris, McLaren, 1m20.474s, C3
  3. Russell, Mercedes, 1m20.784s, C3
  4. Vettel, Aston Martin, 1m21.276s, C3
  5. Tsunoda, AlphaTauri, 1m21.638s, C3
  6. Verstappen, Red Bull, 1m22.246s, C2
  7. Alonso, Alpine, 1m23.317s, C3
  8. Latifi, Williams, 1m23.379s, C3
  9. Mazepin, Haas, 1m24.505s, C2
  10. Kubica, Alfa Romeo, 1m25.909s, C3

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Here's the current leaderboard for today according to Autosport.

1. Leclerc, Ferrari, 1m20.165s, C3
  2. Norris, McLaren, 1m20.474s, C3
  3. Russell, Mercedes, 1m20.784s, C3
  4. Vettel, Aston Martin, 1m21.276s, C3
  5. Tsunoda, AlphaTauri, 1m21.638s, C3
  6. Verstappen, Red Bull, 1m22.246s, C2
  7. Alonso, Alpine, 1m23.317s, C3
  8. Latifi, Williams, 1m23.379s, C3
  9. Mazepin, Haas, 1m24.505s, C2
  10. Kubica, Alfa Romeo, 1m25.909s, C3
:eek:

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Only one driver per team has driven so far, the other set of drivers will take over in the afternoon. Don't know why this is though, if the teams only have one car each or if they're doing it to limit the amount of cars on track.

Adam-Utd

why people are even bothering to look at test times in the first day :lol: come on guys...

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
why people are even bothering to look at test times in the first day :lol: come on guys...
I think everybody is hoping to get a clue about which teams interpreted the new rules best.

F-Red

Don't know why this is though, if the teams only have one car each or if they're doing it to limit the amount of cars on track.
It's to reduce running costs during testing, and that there's an even playing field. (eg. teams with bigger budgets running two cars because they can afford to).

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I posted the times because @F-Red said there was no official timing being done. I think we all know it's fairly useless info but I thought it was at least a bit more interesting than the constant whine about Masi.

It's to reduce running costs during testing, and that there's an even playing field. (eg. teams with bigger budgets running two cars because they can afford to).
Got it, thanks.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Move on man it’s a sport you are stuck in an endless loop for 3 months, You are constantly regurgitating the same info over and over again, it’s not going to change what happened.
Don't really get why other people seek to censor what others post on an open forum.
Like me, he knows that the result is not going to change.
But that doesn't stop people from feeling so annoyed at the outcome of such an exciting F1 season.
I have been following motor racing since I was a teenager. And I can not remember another occasion when the outcome of a race, let alone the WC was decided by some halfwit of a race director who was so influenced by another team.
He is passionate about the spot and so am I and probably you are well.
And feelings are still running high going into the new season.

Adam-Utd

@Zlaatan

Didn't mean you personally Just seeing a lot of people getting hyped over times when it's the first day. Ferrari fans on twitter acting like they've won the championship already.
I think everybody is hoping to get a clue about which teams interpreted the new rules best.
Oh no doubt, but we won't know this until first practice in Bahrain.

hobbers

There'll always be an asterisk beside the 2021 Championship unfortunately.
People tried to say the same about 1990, 1994 and 2008 but I don’t think Senna, Schumacher and Hamilton gave a damn.

hobbers

No they didnt. You just made that up.
You’re presumably just ignorant of anything that happened in F1 before 2014.

Senna and Schumacher blatantly cheated to win those titles and sent Prost fans and the brits into total meltdown respectively. Hamilton in 08 is obviously just a big chunk of good luck but the Brazilians were just as salty. Educate yourself.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
People tried to say the same about 1990, 1994 and 2008 but I don’t think Senna, Schumacher and Hamilton gave a damn.
You'll have to remind me why racing incidents as the first part of my comment that you haven't addressed are in any way compared to a decision made by a Race Director under duress from a team manager?

Fair points but sweet FA to do with a mistake Hamilton didn't make. If we want to be fair we'd rely on the cars, team and driving and not a mistake brought about by undue influence.
I can't help but feel you wanted to ignore this which may be why you selectively quoted my comment? :lol:

hobbers

You'll have to remind me why racing incidents as the first part of my comment that you haven't addressed are in any way compared to a decision made by a Race Director under duress from a team manager?
Because racing incidents that aren't governed correctly are the same as a racing incident that wasn't governed correctly...?

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Because racing incidents that aren't governed correctly are exactly the same as a racing incident that wasn't governed correctly...?
As my reply earlier in response to your earlier comment stated, the mistake was not the driver's (Hamilton), the mistake came from the Race Director and the undue influence brought upon by Horner.

Do we need to reach an agreement why Driving Incidents, cheating or mistakes have nothing in common with a Race Director making a decision that was incorrect regarding the re-start of a race? :lol:

Why Hamilton would have an Asterisk beside his name in 2008 because Glock had dry tyres on during a rain storm is beyond me I'm afraid, no comparison with cheating or poor Race Staffing. Long been known that Senna and Schumacher would do anything it took, just good form that we choose mostly not to speak ill of either. Schuey tried the same thing again on Hill but was unsuccessful, and Senna did exactly the same thing to Mansell as I recall.

hobbers

As my reply earlier in response to your earlier comment stated, the mistake was not the driver's (Hamilton), the mistake came from the Race Director and the undue influence brought upon by Horner.

Do we need to reach an agreement why Driving Incidents, cheating or mistakes have nothing in common with a Race Director making a decision that was incorrect regarding the re-start of a race? :lol:
All 3 were a failure of governance over incidents that happened in races that defined where the title ended up. So yeah, they are obviously comparable. Despite not being the same sort of incident.

But the point wasn't about what caused the wielding of the asterisks, the point was that these drivers dont give a shit about how F1 fans interpret their championships. That's why I mention 2008 regarding Brazilian F1 fans. Or I could also have included Rosberg given the clamour by a lot of Hamilton fans to put an asterisk on his title at the time.

dinostar77

You’re presumably just ignorant of anything that happened in F1 before 2014.

Senna and Schumacher blatantly cheated to win those titles and sent Prost fans and the brits into total meltdown respectively. Hamilton in 08 is obviously just a big chunk of good luck but the Brazilians were just as salty. Educate yourself.
Been watching f1 for 40 years sonny. Racing incidents happen that decide championships, they are controversial at the time but there has never been a f1 championship decided by a race director making up his own rules on the last lap of the last race of the season.

Go educate yourself.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
All 3 were a failure of governance over incidents that happened in races that defined where the title ended up. So yeah, they are obviously comparable. Despite not being the same sort of incident.

But the point wasn't about what caused the wielding of the asterisks, the point was that these drivers dont give a shit about how F1 fans interpret their championships. That's why I mention 2008 regarding Brazil F1 fans. Or I could also have included Rosberg given the clamour by a lot of Hamilton fans to put an asterisk on his title.
Obviously I can't help you from your dim view however let's just put this to rights. You began by blaming Hamilton for his poor driving and mistakes, my response was that losing the title in the last race was not a driving mistake from Hamilton, rather a mistake made out of his or his team's hands. I have to admit I find it extremely tiresome when a poster can't admit the most basic of errors made by themselves.

Instead you've swung and twisted with bringing up other championships which were dependent on drivers and team decisions, not race directors at all to attempt to save face. I will know better from now on.

hobbers

Obviously I can't help you from your dim view however let's just put this to rights. You began by blaming Hamilton for his poor driving and mistakes, my response was that losing the title in the last race was not a driving mistake from Hamilton, rather a mistake made out of his or his team's hands. I have to admit I find it extremely tiresome when a poster can't admit the most basic of errors made by themselves.

Instead you've swung and twisted with bringing up other championships which were dependent on drivers and team decisions, not race directors at all to attempt to save face. I will know better from now on.
Nah, perhaps you just lack the mental agility to keep up with all that's being said in a thread like this.

I 'began' by pointing out that Hamilton made a lot of mistakes last season that he will personally be rueing, that have nothing to do with Abu Dhabi.

Saying Hamilton made mistakes in Imola, Baku and Hungary is not the same as saying Hamilton made a mistake in Abu Dhabi. Not sure why you're suggesting it is. You dont win a title in 1 race so you certainly dont lose a title in 1 race either. That's why there are 23 races in the calendar. It's perfectly reasonable for anyone to suggest that Hamilton will be rueing mistakes that in retrospect cost him the title.

Talking about asterisks and whether drivers care or not is a completely separate conversation. Or at least it would be if you could keep up.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Been watching f1 for 40 years sonny. Racing incidents happen that decide championships, they are controversial at the time but there has never been a f1 championship decided by a race director making up his own rules on the last lap of the last race of the season.

Go educate yourself.
51 years myself although I'll admit that the days we used to camp at Silverstone and sneak under the wire fence with my brother and cousins and then meet up with the paying grown ups was spent as a nine and ten year old begging goodies from stalls and teams doing PR.

Abizzz

I can't fathom why people who repeatedly say they are so bored of a discussion go to such extraordinary lengths to be part of it :lol:

Thank feck Masi is gone, it's the ultimate piece of evidence that everyone involved in F1 was on the same page about what happened in Abu Dhabi, not even RB tried to defend him in any meaningful way, cause, well, they know too. History will tell what 2021 is remembered for, but I have a feeling some will be very disappointed :D

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I can't fathom why people who repeatedly say they are so bored of a discussion go to such extraordinary lengths to be part of it :lol:

Thank feck Masi is gone, it's the ultimate piece of evidence that everyone involved in F1 was on the same page about what happened in Abu Dhabi, not even RB tried to defend him in any meaningful way, cause, well, they know too. History will tell what 2021 is remembered for, but I have a feeling some will be very disappointed :D
#*

Barcelona pre-season test: Day One timesheet

pauldyson1uk

For what they are worth and personally I dont think a great deal, but here they are.

Barcelona pre-season test: Day One timesheet
DriverTeamTimeTyresLaps
1) Lando NorrisMcLaren1:19.951C4 (soft)87
2) Charles LeclercFerrari1:20.165C3 (medium)80
3) Carlos SainzFerrari1:20.416C357
4) George RussellMercedes1:20.784C377
5) Lewis HamiltonMercedes1:20.929C350
6) Sebastian VettelAston Martin1:21.276C352
7) Yuki TsunodaAlphaTauri1:21.638C3105
8) Fernando AlonsoAlpine1:21.746C2 (hard)127
9) Max VerstappenRed Bull1:22.246C2147
10) Valtteri BottasAlfa Romeo1:22.572C323
11) Alex AlbonWilliams1:23.379C366
12) Mick SchumacherHaas1:22.962C323
13) Lance StrollAston Martin1:23.327C250
14) Nicholas LatifiWilliams1:23.379C366
15) Nikita MazepinHaas1:24.505C220
16) Robert KubicaAlfa Romeo1:25.909C39

Adam-Utd

Interesting that the drivers are saying the cars feel very sluggish because of the extra weight.

I'm sure they'll get used to it but it seems like they're carrying an extra tanks worth of fuel.

The sooner they can kick the hybrid systems the better

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
He didn't though, this is just flat out wrong and shifting the blame. :lol: He didn't lose anything going in to the final race. Hamilton went into the final race level on points due to consistently terrible decisions by his team, terrific team strategy by Red bull, amazing driving by Verstappen, nothing more, nothing less. The reason he lost the title is because of the feck up by the race director. He did everything in that race to win the title, Verstappen started the race in p1 on faster tyres and wasn't able to do anything with that, Hamilton built a gigantic lead that only got eroded thanks to Perez parking the bus through fantastic driving, he then built up a huge lead again and only lost because of the race director. That's literally the only reason he lost the title. Everything else you mentioned has nothing to do with him losing the title, and only has anything to do with setting us up with an exciting potential finish going into the last race on level points. Verstappen did literally nothing in that last race to deserve the win and was outclassed by Lewis the entire race.

The only reason he won that race is because Perez did absolute work for him, and then when he lost that lead again his team made the strategy call to pit under the SC which if the race director adhered to the rules, would have lost them the race and been looked back on as a poor tactical decision by Red Bull but because the director fecked up, ended up working out beautifully for them.

It's really not.. That's like if we were 1-0 up and we got a trash penalty in the 95th minute despite there being only 1 minute of extra time and then saying 'we lost it in the 1st half when we didn't score more goals' like no bro, we very clearly lost it to the trash penalty that should never have happened. After all was said and done including all the mistakes you say lost it, he was still winning. So they quite clearly did not lose it for him because he was about to win despite it. The loss is solely down to that decision and nothing else. Saying otherwise is just shifting the blame from Masi where it should be, to Hamilton bizarrely for no reason. These people are on a different planet because if the rules were followed then he was quite clearly going to win despite the things they say lost it for him. Some weird fetish to use revisionism to shift the blame because as a Verstappen fan they can't bring themselves to admit that his win was gifted to him because despite all his good driving, he still wasn't good enough otherwise. Despite his 'flawless season' he was still going to lose the title. Despite his amazing out of this world never been seen before once in a lifetime performance of a season he still immediately lost the lead with faster tires from pole position. He still had to have his team mate destroy a massive lead for him so he stood a chance in the race only for him to give it up again. He still failed to capitalise on fresh tires to erode a 17 second deficit down to only 11, and he still would have lost the race despite throwing everything at Hamilton had Masi not reinvented the rule book. They went into the race level, and he did nothing himself that warranted winning that race and therefore the title. His team threw the kitchen sink against Lewis in that race and it still wasn't good enough until the race director reinvented the rules. There isn't a single Max fan on this forum who if the positions were reversed would say 'ah yeah Max lost it 6 months earlier when he made a mistake' that's just silly.
I'm not a Verstappen fan. In fact, I've always tended to support Mclaren or Mclaren-Mercedes drivers in races. I'm not trying to downplay Masi's huge feckup this season. The only reason the final race was the be-all and end-all was that both were tied on points. I like you Z from your werewolf days but I'm not having a weird fetish of blame shifting etc, it's just how I see it. I''m frankly bored by the 'F1 is stacked against Hamilton' posters when the last gazillion races were won by him ffs. I'm sorry, we'll have to disagree on this but I just hope we just move the feck on from last season.

fishfingers15

I would say this is a fair assessment of Lewis' season.
The sole grid start was farcical, Hungary was his fault. Monaco is not that good a race for him.
Silverstone, I thought the penalty was about right.
Lewis and Max both had chance to have the season wrapped up before the farce of Abu Dhabi.
I think Hamilton got the title stolen from him but this is a fair summary.

pauldyson1uk

I think Hamilton got the title stolen from him but this is a fair summary.
while I agree with you and that last race is still very raw and yes it still makes me mad, but I am not dwelling on it, I am making hardly any comments about it, looking forward to the season.
I just hope this thread does not descend in to what it did last season.

fishfingers15

OK "drive to survive".
We both know you did. You just have no response. :lol:
You've completely shut me up with this. Let's roll on the new season shall we?

Hi Christen Horner welcome to our forum.
Thank you for your warm welcome.

Your post was longer :lol:
Yes :lol: I was just hoping to take a 'banter' approach to see if it worked :(

The Masi/FIA news is new. Do you not think people should talk about it?

You act like new cars are being unveiled and out of nowhere, everyone just started moaning about last season. This isn’t what happened. FIA moved on the guy who made the decision this week. During Ferrari show, which is was them I’d be a little pissed. Off course it should be a talking point.
I think this is fair. It's a big part of the last season and will have lasting impact on this season. I'm all for discussing this or any other topic in general, but I find the spirit of the thread veering towards brake check, asterisk in the title yada yada yada.