F1 2022 Season

dinostar77

Other than "parity" and "reliability" reasons, the PUs are locked in till 2026. Besides the Honda PU at the moment is deployment wise the best on the grid.

Also will be very interesting what Honda do if and when porsche 50% ownership of RB is confirmed. Honda will not want thier IP especially whatever they are doing with the PU to end up in the hands of another car manufacturer.

Be interesting to eventually see what cowell brings to the table but that will be awhile.

Maroon Lucifer

George Russell, that's a surprise! But he was already quick in his first lap in Q3 on used tyres, which means it could be his weekend.

Should be an interesting race, Max and Hamilton behind, Leclerc doesn't look fast, so it could be tight.
And don't forget Latifi cutting through the field from behind.

redshaw

Stonking lap from Russell, the boy done good.

Sainz looking fast lately and could be a handful but it's tricky to overtake.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Still fancy Ferrari's powertrain to overtake the Mercedes down the main straight eventually. P3 would be a great result for George

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Great lap from Russell.

Shame for Hamilton, without his DRS issue I wonder where he’d have placed. Top 4 somewhere I’d have thought.

And so unlucky for Max too. He’d surely also have been up there.

All makes for a great race though.

I can already think of 150 ways Ferrari will feck this up though!

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
What the feck was that with Perez? He is in terrible form.
He’s generally weak except on certain tracks in qualifying. But his amount of disparity in performance between circuits is crazy. On some he can be right up with Max. On others you’d question if he was even a top half driver on the grid. It’s really, really weird.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Has Leclerc changed his engine? I don't see Ferrari lasting that long.

He’s generally weak except on certain tracks in qualifying. But his amount of disparity in performance between circuits is crazy. On some he can be right up with Max. On others you’d question if he was even a top half driver on the grid. It’s really, really weird.
Yeah, he was one of slowest drivers in last race too.

dinostar77

It doesnt help his cause that the RB updates have made the car more pointy at the front end which is how max likes it and perez doesnt.

It seems that the car for the 6-8 races wasnt snappy at the front end which max likes (oversteer). So perez was alot closer to max during that run of races. The recent updates have pushed it more towards max's drivig style and away from perez style. Perez is going to have to live with it and adapt. Hes the no2 driver. Accept it, work with his race engineer to get the setup to what he wants within the confines of the car. Easier said than done.

F-Red

I’d expect some big lock ups into turn one and three on the first lap. With the positions of the faster cars on the grid, and potential rain it could be an interesting race today.

hobbers

Got it. I’d have potentially gone for a new set and take the penalty here. Given is starting position. But who knows
I think they're eyeing Monza or Interlagos for the fourth and starting at the back.

Jack-C20

Can they change tyres on the grid? If so I’m assuming they’re only allowed to change from dries to wets in the event of a weather change.

hp88

Looks like they will have stop for inters within a couple of laps, pitlane is going to be a mess.

avgp_1

Medium should be the right tyre to start, wait for the rain to come before pitting. Softs could go off pretty quickly

United Hobbit

Wouldn't it be worth someone like Ricciardo starting on inters if the rain is coming? Then he's set up while everyone else comes in?