F1 2022 Season

hobbers

If Ferrari planned to start Leclerc on softs tomorrow, they've totally ruined that plan.

hobbers

I think the new flexi floor regs have affected Ferrari a little bit, they're definitely bouncing more than they were in previous races.

Leclerc also had to change his seat yesterday, and the car has looked more unsettled in some of the corners.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Merc were saying a lot about that floor change and a win coming soon but Red Bull seem to have got better. Merc nearly 2 seconds behind and fighting with Williams and Alpine.

I’m not reading too much into RB pace as we’ve seen different tyre degradation issues during the race. Sainz or Perez for the win but if Max has this pace during the race and wins that is quite scary.

Sky F1 showing the lap for Sainz for pole and not Max’s is dumb. Also the bouncing gives me a headache.

pauldyson1uk

Hamilton: I won't miss this car
It was another indifferent qualifying session for Mercedes and Hamilton was downbeat after setting only the seventh-fastest time in qualifying,

"We came here very optimistic we could be close, but to be 1.8 seconds behind is a real kick in the teeth.
"It's a car we continue to struggle with and definitely won't miss it at the end of the year. For me, it's just focusing on how we build and design next year's car.
"The teams ahead of us are in another league and our car looked so much different today. We've got a lot of work to do, and we'll do the best we can with what we have for the rest of the season."

Fully Fledged

Hamilton: I won't miss this car
It was another indifferent qualifying session for Mercedes and Hamilton was downbeat after setting only the seventh-fastest time in qualifying,

"We came here very optimistic we could be close, but to be 1.8 seconds behind is a real kick in the teeth.
"It's a car we continue to struggle with and definitely won't miss it at the end of the year. For me, it's just focusing on how we build and design next year's car.
"The teams ahead of us are in another league and our car looked so much different today. We've got a lot of work to do, and we'll do the best we can with what we have for the rest of the season."
I can't really blame them. This season is over for them.

Fluctuation0161

I see the comment by Lewis has a sign of defeat, he knows the car is a dog and is writing of the rest of the season, of course he will do his best, but it won't be enough.
Yep. A dog of a car with no redemption. They must be concerned that this year's setback will mean they are always a step behind in the coming years under these regulations. Massive problem for them.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Just watched the qualifiers, Ferrari are such a joke :lol:

What's worse is that Leclerc did entire out lap and they still didn't confirm him until the end whether to continue doing quick lap or not. What bunch of amateurs.

Also Red Bulls are level above all anyway, they are much quicker.

redshaw

The break not helping Leclerc or Ferrari.

Spa is a heavyweight track though and it's difficult to keep time gaps down for weaker cars especially Mercs. Will be interesting to see if the race pace can build up to some better performance for a few cars tomorrow.

dinostar77

1.8 off pole for mercedes. They have to abandon the skinny sidepod concept and go down the route of RB or Ferrari. The car is a dog.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Season's a bit of a precession now isn't it.
Yeah. It'd have been hard to stop Versatppen and Red Bull even if Ferrari weren't total fecking clowns, and well, they are. :(

ArjenIsM3

Unless Red Bull and Ferrari get disqualified for not complying with the new technical directive or something, Russell's made a bit of a fool of himself hasn't he? Not that it's much of a surprise with Toto being his boss but a bit sad to see nonetheless. Hopefully he learns from this and he doesn't let Toto rub off on him too much.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Unless Red Bull and Ferrari get disqualified for not complying with the new technical directive or something, Russell's made a bit of a fool of himself hasn't he? Not that it's much of a surprise with Toto being his boss but a bit sad to see nonetheless. Hopefully he learns from this and he doesn't let Toto rub off on him too much.
What did he do?

Renfurm

Supports
N.E.C.
First live F1 race and at Spa, lucky you , enjoy it.
So far I am. It's only a two hour drive from my home, about 30 minutes more compared to Zandvoort. And between these two I'd rather go to Spa. From our stand we can see the cars exiting the first corner all the way up to Eau Rouge in the distance, so hopefully we'll witness plenty of action

ArjenIsM3

What did he do?
Gone all in on towing the Toto line by saying there was no doubt that RB and Ferrari were "pushing the regulations" with their alleged too flexible floors and how Merc have been such good boys by interpreting the regulations as intended. Horner already said the RB was perfectly legal and that the regulation change wouldn't have an impact but that didn't stop him from doubling down. It's why Max made a sarcastic comment about how hard the regulation change hit Red Bull after he got pole.

The Firestarter

Gone all in on towing the Toto line by saying there was no doubt that RB and Ferrari were "pushing the regulations" with their alleged too flexible floors and how Merc have been such good boys by interpreting the regulations as intended. Horner already said the RB was perfectly legal and that the regulation change wouldn't have an impact but that didn't stop him from doubling down. It's why Max made a sarcastic comment about how hard the regulation change hit Red Bull after he got pole.
George should reduce his salt intake.