F1 2022 Season

hobbers

The mediums ??
No he pulled out 1.3s lead and then it disappeared in about 3 corners. Now he’s losing a 0.7s a lap. His tyres will be better at this stage.

I bet there’s something in his Venturi tunnels again

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
What does that message mean from the FIA :houllier: someone false started ?

Doracle

Seems weird for several of them to commit a starting infringement. What would cause that?

Leg-End

If it’s literally a grid box infringement then they won’t do anything.

Fully Fledged

The fact that they couldn't deal with a starting infringement within the 24 laps proves how inept this sport is. If they had given them a 5 sec penalty it could have been dealt with in the race.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Red Bull opted to save a set of softs for tomorrow so they have two new sets of softs but Max said they have too much degradation even if they were on the soft. All falling in place for Hamilton if the case tomorrow.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That was fun sprint, finally some overtakes up front! Sainz and Russel drivers of the day, impressive from Sainz to be fair.

Max starting on mediums was Ferrari esque decision, or he just wanted to make it more interesting?

F-Red

That was fun sprint, finally some overtakes up front! Sainz and Russel drivers of the day, impressive from Sainz to be fair.

Max starting on mediums was Ferrari esque decision, or he just wanted to make it more interesting?
I think Red Bull wanted to keep a set of softs for the race, it's the only logical reason for going onto a slower tyre. It does give an indication of the pace Red Bull have if they're still competitive on a slower compound. I expect Max to win tomorrow easily.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think Red Bull wanted to keep a set of softs for the race, it's the only logical reason for going onto a slower tyre. It does give an indication of the pace Red Bull have if they're still competitive on a slower compound. I expect Max to win tomorrow easily.
Yeah, that was probably it, I was obviously joking about making it more interesting.

I think he lost few positions more because of the damage than because of tyres, he looked slower than others who were on softs later in the race which didn't make sense from degradation point of view, since mediums should probably be better than softs in those last few laps. But he didn't lose lot of points anyway.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
It's scary init really that Max starts tomorrow P3 and probably has it sown up after the 1st round of pit stops

Doracle

It made no odds to the Red Bull. He was cruising at the front until he hit whatever the debris was.

How much are they able to repair? Assuming Max has a fixed car, he should be able to cruise to the win.

redshaw

Hopefully Max has a little more tyre deg and the Mercs can put the pressure on later, it's time for Mr Brazil to win. If not we could have a good battle possibly with Mercs, Ferrari and Perez.

Even though the pre race was good, the whole time I'm thinking this should've been the start to the full race.

dinostar77

It made no odds to the Red Bull. He was cruising at the front until he hit whatever the debris was.

How much are they able to repair? Assuming Max has a fixed car, he should be able to cruise to the win.
It wasnt a debris issue. The wear on the MED tyres was higher than expected and Max suggested that even if the started on SOFTS the mercs would have still got past him as RedBull told BBC F1.

His RB was slower in sector 2 than both mercs and the ferrari. Which suggests they havent got the setup dialled in to where they need it and hes getting tyre slip (understeer/oversteer) possibly across the tyre surface causing the higher wear.

Anyway i still think max will win, RB will fix the setup issues overnight within Parc Femme rules. The has two sets of SOFTS and the Mercedes is very tempermental depending in track temps. They need the exact same conditions as yesterday, big ask.

ArjenIsM3

It wasnt a debris issue. The wear on the MED tyres was higher than expected and Max suggested that even if the started on SOFTS the mercs would have still got past him as RedBull told BBC F1.

His RB was slower in sector 2 than both mercs and the ferrari. Which suggests they havent got the setup dialled in to where they need it and hes getting tyre slip (understeer/oversteer) possibly across the tyre surface causing the higher wear.

Anyway i still think max will win, RB will fix the setup issues overnight within Parc Femme rules. The has two sets of SOFTS and the Mercedes is very tempermental depending in track temps. They need the exact same conditions as yesterday, big ask.
How? You can't do much more than a front wing adjustment under parc ferme. Honestly think Red Bull got the setup wrong and are fecked.

dinostar77

How? You can't do much more than a front wing adjustment under parc ferme. Honestly think Red Bull got the setup wrong and are fecked.
Apart from front wing as you said, tyre pressures. Also we dont know and wont know whether RB have been putting any packer material under the floor (changing the flow of the venturi tunnels) so they can to do some testing for 2023. Its a no brainer to use packer material for these last few races for them.

They have made changes to the rear wing at brasil and brake assembly.

"...much more cut-off the upper corner of the flap is on the Red Bull RB18's rear wing. Also note how the vertical deflector fence on the rear brake assembly is pushed outboard and baffles are used to control the airflow moving between it and the tyre's sidewall...."

(Text refers to a picture i havent uploaded).