F1 2022 Season

hobbers

Bottas you really are a bit of a sad joke. How can an F1 driver be so bad at starts :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Just tuning it. How did Leclerc start? Looks like he's driving perfectly so far

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Hamilton is doing well, but he has DRS and I think that’s helping bridge the gap. I think if he gets past the Ferrari, it’d still get him back down the line

sewey89

Hamilton is doing well, but he has DRS and I think that’s helping bridge the gap. I think if he gets past the Ferrari, it’d still get him back down the line
Sainz is now out of DRS and Perez is closing on Hamilton..

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
10 laps in, quite dull so far. I thought this season was meant to be interesting?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Certainly looking like the new cars are able to follow more closely than before. So that is good.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yep, based on the evidence of qualifying and first 11 laps of the first race of the season, we're winning everything this year

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Surprising but Hamilton started falling back so maybe the leaders started to pick up the pace.

In what world does this make sense?
I read another tweet and it was worded in a way to stop teams asking whether they need to give the place back.

So they either decide within the lap or get penalised.

It’s to stop the talking to the race director in line with what happened last year.

sewey89

Anyone able to explain is laymen's terms how a team as dominant as Mercedes can feck the car up this badly? They’ve gone from clearly the best, to a toss up between the best of the top two, to what looks like quite clearly 3rd best (at best).. how does that happen

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
High degradation.

Leg-End

Anyone able to explain is laymen's terms how a team as dominant as Mercedes can feck the car up this badly? They’ve gone from clearly the best, to a toss up between the best of the top two, to what looks like quite clearly 3rd best (at best).. how does that happen
Completely different regulations, and their concept isn’t working fully yet. Judge them in a few races time.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Whoops

MTF

Aerodynamically these cars work very differently than the past 3 years. So all the engineers essentially get a fresh look at figuring out how to make the best car, negating any built up advantage about how to get maximum performance out of the prior models.

MTF

I really really didn't think McLaren would be this bad, given they seemed to be one of the teams that had porpoising under control at testing.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Probably the biggest set of rule changes ever in F1.

They have a specific problem that Ferrari managed to resolve from testing and Red Bull’s update during the second test fixed.

They will fix it. Half a second isn’t much with new regs, once we get to the European races the grid order will settle.

EDIT - Aston Martin believe the problems they have around bouncing is costing them 0.75