FA Cup Final: United v City

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Based on past experience, the latter has more chance of happening in my opinion. Fred does have good games in that regard sometimes, and we will need his energy, but the last thing we need is him freely giving the ball away in the middle of the park. At least he has the stamina to (mostly) get it back though.
And if not that, at least he'll give some dangerous free kick positions to City to take advantage of ;)

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Martial's body can no longer cope with the rigours of professional football. Can't see anyone making an offer this summer. He's more injured than available. There's no value to buying clubs, even in a loan. They'd just be putting themselves forwards to help cover his wages when he's inevitably injured. You'd only ever consider signing him as a free transfer on a pay as you play basis.

Appletonred

No Martial, would start Rashford, Sancho, and Antony if he is fit enough, otherwise Garnacho comes in.

Kirisatha96

This leaves our forwards options in a conundrum.

Definitive starters are Rashford and Sancho. Sancho has looked really good on the right hand side recently. I'm leaning more towards his good form than the limited number of moves Anthony has in his locker.

Anthony is still trying to make his mark and it's only been one season. I get that. However, it's a cup final and I'd rather sub him from the bench.

That leaves who will be the third option and where will Rashford play? I think Garnacho has to play because he just makes things happen but he is also great as a sub and forced the second goal in our win against City this year.

Garnacho on the left. Rashford down middle and Sancho on the right. That's my combination.

Bench options don't look good. Too late for Diallo to come back and play?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Woof. Wouldn't be surprised to see Weghorst in now. Garnacho shouldn't be starting this IMO, we need someone to give some hold up and Antony probably won't start, martial out... Probably Weghorst central and Rashford and Sancho flanking him.

Could see Bruno, Eriksen, Fred all playing but I dunno, don't think that's ten hags preference as it still doesn't give any hold up play or physicality up top.

Irwin99

Ok.., Rashford up front it is then, which means another winger gets a start. Starting front three of:

Bruno Rashford Sancho

Eric_the_Red99

Martial and Antony out should mean Garnacho on the left, Sancho on the right, Rashford up front. Might be a blessing in disguise, as that is our most dynamic forward line that might give City trouble if they come racing out of the traps.

But for feck’s sake no Weghorst.

Scottynaldinho

My 11

-------------------Rashford--------
Garnacho------ -----------Sancho

---------Fred-------------------Bruno------------
--------------------Casemiro---------------------
Malatia-----Varane-----Lindelof---AWB

Or

----------------------Rashford--------

Sancho-----------------------------------------Bruno

-------------Fred------------------Scott-------------

----------------------Casemiro---------------------

Malatia-----Varane-----Lindelof-----AWB

IRELANDUNITED

Christ on a bike martial is made of glass, or something weaker, cardboard maybe. He was in my starting 11 and even though he isn’t close to being one of our best players, nor do I see him at the club next season, it totally messes up our plans for Saturday in my opinion. We have to play rashford up front now and start sancho and neither of those are close to ideal. feck sake.

De Gea
AWB Varane Lindeloff Shaw
Casemiro Fred Eriksen
Sancho Rashford Bruno

Eli Zee

Bruno False 9.. pack the midfield on defense, hit on the counter

Rashford------Bruno---------Sancho
---------Fred-------------------Erikson----------
Shaw-----Varane-----Lindelof---AWB

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I'll be off grid. First Cup final since 76 have haven't either watched or been at the game.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think Wout will start. Antony can't do 90, Martial injured and Sancho may not be up for it.

Fred, Eriksen and Case
Bruno, Wout , Rashford.

George The Best

Can see a midfield three of McTom. Casemiro and Fred for this.

Fred was good against Fulham and McTom was playing pretty well before his injury.

Bertie Wooster

I'd be surprised if Antony is fit to start - would even be surprised to see him on the bench, but hopefully he can make it. I think we're better using Garnacho off the bench - half because he seems better as an impact player later in the game, also just to give us that match changing option up our sleeves.

So, with Martial out, I'd probably go for the more defensive option of Fernandes on right and an extra CM.

De Gea

AWB
Varane
Lindelof
Shaw

Casemiro
Fred

Fernandes
Eriksen
Sancho

Rashford

EliasRavelino

Supports
Sevilla
Woof. Wouldn't be surprised to see Weghorst in now. Garnacho shouldn't be starting this IMO, we need someone to give some hold up and Antony probably won't start, martial out... Probably Weghorst central and Rashford and Sancho flanking him.

Could see Bruno, Eriksen, Fred all playing but I dunno, don't think that's ten hags preference as it still doesn't give any hold up play or physicality up top.
Well watching MOTD on iPlayer earlier (I just wanted to see that d*ckhead Lineker lookin sad) the last kick shown of Man Utds season was a woeful attempt on goal by Wout Weghorst - and if it had gone in it would have been his first. If Weghorst starts you are playing for penalties. Are there not any kids who could play and maybe have a fairytale day?

Eddy_JukeZ

Weghorst absolutely cannot start this game.

We need players in the team who can hold the ball up/keep it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
With martial out it’s most likely gonna be sancho, rashford and Antony if he’s fit enough. Just please don’t start weghorst whatever we do.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It don't matter who is out, United gonna fecking smash and grab this. I can feel it.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
My 11

Or

No Shaw?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
With martial out it’s most likely gonna be sancho, rashford and Antony if he’s fit enough. Just please don’t start weghorst whatever we do.
Nope, no Martial means Weggy's gonna be there as a non-playmaking 10, the only question will be if he starts or not

Lights Out

My 11

Or

No Shaw or Eriksen in either of your lineups?

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I'd be livid if Martial stays with us next season. Highly talented but injury prone and refuses to put in the extra effort to impress half the time

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Yup agree, we need to have Garnacho and Antony ready from bench for smash and grab
If Antony has recovered he starts, he's not a player to come on as a sub and do something offensively, his defensive work and ball carrying ability is what we need in this match + he has the ability to get in Grealish's face and make him do something daft (though that might work both ways)