FA Cup Final: United v City

Zlatattack

We're gonna win this 3-1. Rashy is gonna get the early goal, then we're gonna catch them on the break for a second, Bruno to score a penalty.

They'll get one back but as they push for an equaliser Casemiro is going to smash in the third.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'm desperate for us to beat these cheating cnuts.

I actually have a good feeling about tomorrow. I'm pretty calm at the moment but I think I'll need a few to calm the nerves after lunch:lol:

Eddy_JukeZ

Might be the most anxious I've been for a game post-SAF.

I'd love a win. I just hope we use the ball well. We can't just rely on transitions the entire game. We'll have to keep the ball at times and recycle it.

Scholesgoals

We're the best underdogs in world football. All the pressures on city tomorrow. Remember the weight on our shoulders when we were up for the treble and we had real men playing for us then who had grown together. We've beat them before and we can do it again. Just have to have a plan and execute it. The first goal has to be ours.

Oh and also, all the city players will be thinking about the CL, whether they will play, hoping they don't get injured. This one is our baby. Gotta come out punching.

Moriarty

What chance do you think United have to win it? I don't think its 50/50. City are the best team in the world right now, and their bench could probably challenge for a champions league spot. I'd put it at 30 United / 70 City right now
OK, let's just give them the FA Cup and we can take the afternoon off and play golf or whatever. It's a cup final. A one-off and if you look back at the history of the competition, many a bookies favourite has come a cropper at Wembley. I think we'll win.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I just hope we don't get embarrassed tbh.

Moriarty

Think it is a generational thing.
We were always up for any match.
Could be. Remember 1977 when everyone had the dippers as odd-on to win the treble? I think the MEN was the only paper in England that gave United a chance. Liverpool then were a machine and were beating everyone in sight. They were just starting that period of European dominance but we beat them.

Siorac

Could be. Remember 1977 when everyone had the dippers as odd-on to win the treble? I think the MEN was the only paper in England that gave United a chance. Liverpool then were a machine and were beating everyone in sight. They were just starting that period of European dominance but we beat them.
Liverpool won 23 out of 42 league games back then. In a three-point system, that would have been 1.9 points per game (80 in 42). With that average they would have finished behind us this season.

And really, this is why older folk might be less pessimistic: in those times, the super teams weren't anywhere near as super as nowadays. They were more vulnerable, more... human. The gap between the best and the rest wasn't anywhere near as huge as now.

This City is a fecking relentless machine.

Moriarty

Liverpool won 23 out of 42 league games back then. In a three-point system, that would have been 1.9 points per game (80 in 42). With that average they would have finished behind us this season.

And really, this is why older folk might be less pessimistic: in those times, the super teams weren't anywhere near as super as nowadays. They were more vulnerable, more... human. The gap between the best and the rest wasn't anywhere near as huge as now.

This City is a fecking relentless machine.
No doubt about that. They're pretty fearsome all right but not unbeatable.

RuudTom83

I don’t see United winning, so I’m fairly relaxed about the match tbh.

I won’t have a meltdown if City end up being the winners.

United are on the right path regardless.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ten Hag : "Rashford you'll play on the left and exploit the space whenever you can, if we are on the counter, you are our first priority"
Rashford : "Okay boss"
Ten Hag : "And Martial, you play up front"
Martial : "Owww ouch ouch my leg! boss, my leg!!"

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
Ahh yes. 1977. Feels like yesterday.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The only thing that’s making me confident is having Varane and Casemiro who are born winners. I hope they’ve rallied the team on this week and got them in the right mind set. I like the fact Varane said he isn’t scared of haaland. I hope he doesn’t make him eat his words.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I don’t see United winning, so I’m fairly relaxed about the match tbh.

I won’t have a meltdown if City end up being the winners.

United are on the right path regardless.
Ye things are looking positive for us heading into next season. Would be good to top this season off with another trophy though. I hate the fact that we’ll always be remembered as one of the teams city beat to win the treble if they end up beating us.

Eli Zee

we really need to just keep it 0-0 as long as possible and try to attack on the break or take it to penalties... if we get a goal on the break, great, we can continue the gameplan.... but if they get the 1st goal, I think it's about a 95% chance we get dominated and 5% chance we're able to get back into the game.

As long as the score is 0-0, I give us about a 25% chance of winning the final.

side note: you have to wonder, when will the day come that in a H2H with city, we will be seen as the favorites or the odds are split 50-50... it's crazy how dominant their team is compared to us.

Wayne's World

Not trying to be negative but I think this is the least confident I've been in a final ever. Didn't even feel this way in 2011 against Barcelona when I knew they had the greatest club team of all time

Hoping they prove me wrong though!

Matthew84!

I just can't see Utd winning this. City will have it won by half time,
Predicting a 4-1, City win.
Haaland to score 3 and they get a very dubious pen,

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm so confident that if United lose, I'll ban myself from the Football forums on this website for a month.

Bertie Wooster

I'm a bag of nerves about tomorrow. Hopeful, but certainly not optimistic.

We're definite underdogs - we can win, but if we do it'll be by 1 goal or on penalties. Whereas City could win by any margin if they really turn it on.

I keep trying to tell myself that this is really just a bonus game - that we've already achieved our season objectives with top 4 and a trophy secured, and another trophy would just be the cherry on the cake. But then I remember the treble they're on for, and think about what a sickening way it'll be to end a successful season, and I become a complete nervous wreck again!

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Remember being with the lads and we were buzzing well before the match.
Just felt we could do it. The confidence was flowing from all of us.
When we won. I'll remember the feeling for as long as I live.

One of the best days of my life.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Same mate :lol: got to be up at 7:30 for the drive down to Wembley but my brain won't stop going through all the potential scenarios that could unfold.
You're going?! That's class mate! Hopefully it'll be one of the best days of your life!

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

You're going?! That's class mate! Hopefully it'll be one of the best days of your life!
Yeah man. Fingers crossed! One thing that's almost guaranteed is there will be more quality on display than the last cup final I went to - the 1-0 loss vs Chelsea a few years ago was such a drab game.

Castia

Lots of negativity in here

Let’s beat the bastards and stop their treble!

2-1 United