FA-Cup semi-finals

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Bench options are shit if this runs in to E.T. Balotelli and Lambert will come on the Pens, if it comes to that.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Aston Villa
Starting XI: Given - Bacuna, Baker, Vlaar, Richardson- Cleverley, Westwood, Delph - Grealish, Benteke, N'Zogbia
Bench: Guzan, Okore, Lowton, Gil, Cole, Sinclair, Weimann

Liverpool
Starting XI: Mignolet - Can, Skrtel, Lovren - Markovic, Henderson, Gerrard, Allen, Moreno - Sterling, Coutinho
Bench: Jones, Johnson, Manquillo, Toure, Borini, Balotelli, Lambert
We spent over £100m on squad players, and they've got a better bench option (Scott Sinclair) than we do for an FA cup semi :lol:

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
We spent over £100m on squad players, and they've got a better bench option (Scott Sinclair) than we do for an FA cup semi :lol:
Yeah, that's why buying players to be squad players is stupid. Unless they're cheap/free there's no reason for it, much more sensible buying first team players and demoting the current first team players to squaddies.

*though we'd have a better bench than Villa if everyone was fit.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
It's a big shame that Jordan Ibe is cup-tied after playing like ten minutes for Derby. He'd definitely improve the bench/first XI.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Right choice to go back to 3-4-3 for Rodgers?
I don't think so...

Was that before or after Sherwood took over? They'll be up for this more than any other game this season, and I think there's plenty for us to be worried about... But we should win, right? Right! This is the team I'd like to see.

Mignolet
Johnson Skrtel Lovren Moreno
Hendo Can Allen
Coutinho
Sturridge Sterling

All players in their natural positions - Shocking, right? I know Johnson is terrible & Manquillo would be a better defensive option, but our full-backs can surely take advantage of Villa on the massive Wembley pitch, and Johnson, despite his numerous flaws, is still decent going forward.

This, however, is what I think we'll see.

Mignolet
Can Skrtel Lovren
Hendo Lucas Gerrard Moreno
Coutinho Sturridge Sterling

Yep. We know we don't have a RWB, but we'll play Hendo there anyway, despite him failing at every attempt so far. Can may be a CDM by trade, but we'll continue to play him in a back three because we've no other CBs to play. Well, except Kolo Toure, but playing a vastly experienced CB in a game like this surely wouldn't work - Derp. Gerrard will come straight back into the squad, despite us being better without him - After all, it's his cup. And Lucas will no doubt start at CDM... I like Lucas, and before his injuries, he was a pretty damn good player, but right now, I see him as a massive red card risk. I swear that 90% of his tackles are late... The guy will be late to his own funeral.
I wasn't too far off. Lucas & Sturridge through injury out and Markovic & Gerrard in... Meh.

We're playing Can out of position, Gerrard in a role he hasn't done well in, Markovic at RWB where he's never done well, and Coutinho/Sterling up front instead of around a striker. Given what we have available, I'd go...

Mignolet
Johnson Skrtel Lovren Moreno
Hendo Can Allen
Coutinho
Balotelli Sterling.

Yeah, I'd start Mario. It makes more sense to me than playing a CDM in a back three, an old (club legend) player at CDM when he's always been best in the hole, and playing a system with a RWB when we don't even have a fecking RWB :wenger: Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I quite like the idea of playing players in their natural positions.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why are Liverpool playing without a striker there? Balotelli and Lambert have been average but it's still better than 7 midfielders. I had been tempted to put a hundred on them at 3/5 to win in 90 minutes but not sure anymore.

Sylar

Yeah, I'd start Mario. It makes more sense to me than playing a CDM in a back three, an old (club legend) player at CDM when he's always been best in the hole, and playing a system with a RWB when we don't even have a fecking RWB :wenger: Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I quite like the idea of playing players in their natural positions.
I get your thinking with that and it makes sense. Might as well play as many of your players in their suited position as it will cause the least amount of disruption.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I don't see this being easy for us at all today, can see another extra time maybe and just getting over the line like Arsenal did yesterday. Obviously would of preferred to be playing dull Lambert Villa rather than this rejuvenated gung-ho one.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was kick off 3pm? SSN doing their usual thing of not mentioning any sporting event that they aren't showing.
Wonder how they will deal with the Champions League next season :lol:

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I forgot this was at Wembley. What a load of shite. No wonder this competition has lost its value.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Coutinho, the man John Terry voted for to win the PFA player of the year.